What are some of your fondest memories of NU/OU

Suh_fan:

Soooooo many memories...good and bad...the bad one's tend to be memorable too, just not as fun.

But, 1983 sticks out to me... Down in Norman in the rain. I was about 12 and was sitting with my cousin behind the Sooner Bench. Our parents sat somewhere else. After the clock expired, I stormed the field at age 12 and tried to get Mike Knox's towel. Thing is, I got lost and the stadium was almost empty when I accidently ran into my dad in the concourse. He was pissed and I was in a panic...got an a$$ chewin' but it was worth it.

Suh_fan:

Soooooo many memories...good and bad...the bad one's tend to be memorable too, just not as fun.

But, 1983 sticks out to me... Down in Norman in the rain. I was about 12 and was sitting with my cousin behind the Sooner Bench. Our parents sat somewhere else. After the clock expired, I stormed the field at age 12 and tried to get Mike Knox's towel. Thing is, I got lost and the stadium was almost empty when I accidently ran into my dad in the concourse. He was pissed and I was in a panic...got an a$$ chewin' but it was worth it.

That is an awesome story HANC. I can't imagine being on the field after that game! I'd never forget it.

The game of the century is first in my book. I was 16 and remember the excitement in the room when Kinney scored the go ahead touchdown. One of my cousins was sitting up on the back of the couch by then. My dad and his brother were on the floor in front of the TV and with another cousin squashed in between them.

Next would be the '78 game when Osborne finally beat them. I was at that game. Course then we had to play them again in the Orange Bowl that year and lost.

Third I'd put the 2001 game. Couldn't have asked for a better birthday present than to beat OU that day.

GO BIG RED :bigredn: BEAT THE SOONERS! :throwdabones1:

The 2001 win was the most memorable for me. That's the only NU v OU game I've ever attended, and it's my favorite memory at Memorial Stadium mostly because I got to surf the crowd in the north stadium when we scored on 41 black flash reverse. Yes, you heard me right. I actually surfed the crowd in the north stadium!

This and the 1971 game.

Must add 1976, too - although not too fond. We almost won that year too, but Elvis Peacock took the last pitch on a hook and ladder and sent me running out of the house in tears.

1995 - Last Big 8 game and a full thrashing of Howard Schnellenberger.

2001 - Solich's signature win. Black 41 Flash Reverse, of course.

2009 - Upset in Lincoln. 5 INTs.

2010 - Hopefully this makes the list.

My fondest memory was sitting in North Stadium with my father last year as NU upset OU. It was so great to be able to tailgate and chat with some Oklahoma fans about the rivalry, and then sitting with my dad getting to hear about all of the games that he had seen in Memorial Stadium and where he had sat. :) We had no idea at the time, but that was the last time in the foreseeable future that OU would come up to Lincoln.

Another Boomer game that always sticks out in my mind is the 90 game. NU is still recovering from the fourth quarter collapse to Hagan, Bienemy, and the Buffs in a freaking monsoon. Rebound and piss pound the Jayhawks and then head to Norman at 9-1 ranked in the top ten. It was a down year for Boomer, and I can't remember if it was Mickey Joseph(I believe it was) or Keith McCants at QB for NU, but on the opening drive he was shoved out of bounds late and crashed into the benches. The bench gashed his leg really badly, and the offense wasn't the same since. Boomer went on to roll NU 45-10 and NU closed against Georgia Tech in the Citris Bowl.

The game just sticks out for that hit and how NU just packed up afterwards. Couldn't do a thing on offense after that. I just remember being pissed about that cheapshot. I was a huge Joseph fan back then. Pretty sure it was him. Any other older members remember this one.

Another Boomer game that always sticks out in my mind is the 90 game. The game just sticks out for that hit and how NU just packed up afterwards. Couldn't do a thing on offense after that. I just remember being pissed about that cheapshot. I was a huge Joseph fan back then. Pretty sure it was him. Any other older members remember this one.

Yeah that was Mickey Joseph and he did cut his leg up pretty good on the aluminum bleachers on the OU sideline. I remember that one. OU slaughtered us that year.