Taylor rumor

found an article about it

[qutoe]Rumor RUMOR - Taylor Martinez Prima Donna Transfer Imminent!

by Cobby on Dec 2, 2010 1:27 PM CST in Cobby - Humor

6 comments Email Print.Have you heard the latest?

No?

Well.. it turns out that Bo Pelini's blow up at Taylor Martinez was because he talked to his dad on a cell phone during the Texas A&M game. Bo wants to suspend Martinez for breaking team rules, but daddy Martinez wants to transfer and doesn't want anyone to know that his son is suspended because other schools may not want him as much and then Bo agreed to let him wear a boot and fake an injury and everyone hates Taylor Martinez because he's a prima donna even though just a few weeks ago he was the greatest thing ever in the history of Nebraska football.

Then they all had sex with cheerleaders?

No.

So there's no sex with cheerleaders?

No.

Well, add it, then, BECAUSE WITHOUT HIDDEN LUST AND FORBIDDEN DESIRE THERE'S NO MINI-SERIES HERE, FOLKS.

Added, sex with cheerleaders.

It's a go!

This isn't an "article," it's a blog post. It's only very slightly different than the same posts you see here on HuskerBoard. Calling this an "article" is like calling Paris Hilton an actress.

Headsets just mean you hear the coaches chatter. Depending on where I have coached and what my coaching position was there have been times when I wore them. Here it what you hear

1. Down and Distance

2. Spot of the ball (which hash mark or in the middle)

3. Personel grouping that is either entering or needs to enter

4. Play call

Then, each of those steps is charted so that when you watch film, you know what was called.

Thats it, coaches are very very strict and uptight about what gets said because if to many people start talking nothing gets done.

To many people seem to think that something magical happens with the headsets, its just not the case. When you see a coach yelling on a headset, it is usually telling the asst. coaches to shut the hell up.

So what you are saying is that there really is no advantage to him wearing the headset. Great info I alwasy wondered what the hell was being said on those.

Not really, I suppose that if you know the play ahead of time you can think to yourself what you would be looking for, like if you were out on the field.

Jamrog will have one on so that he can hear the play calls and stuff like that and then you will hear some idle chatter from time to time. Thats it, you really dont have time for anything else. When you think about it the play ends and you have about 40 seconds, thats it. So no, you dont really learn much. I know sometimes people think there is some great teaching that goes on with it but thats what the phones are for. The QB will come over, call up to the booth and the coach will say "what did you see on that play", the QB will tell the coach that they saw such and such coverage and thats why they tossed the ball to that side and the coach will do some teaching at that point.

found an article about it

[qutoe]Rumor RUMOR - Taylor Martinez Prima Donna Transfer Imminent!

by Cobby on Dec 2, 2010 1:27 PM CST in Cobby - Humor

6 comments Email Print.Have you heard the latest?

No?

Well.. it turns out that Bo Pelini's blow up at Taylor Martinez was because he talked to his dad on a cell phone during the Texas A&M game. Bo wants to suspend Martinez for breaking team rules, but daddy Martinez wants to transfer and doesn't want anyone to know that his son is suspended because other schools may not want him as much and then Bo agreed to let him wear a boot and fake an injury and everyone hates Taylor Martinez because he's a prima donna even though just a few weeks ago he was the greatest thing ever in the history of Nebraska football.

Then they all had sex with cheerleaders?

No.

So there's no sex with cheerleaders?

No.

Well, add it, then, BECAUSE WITHOUT HIDDEN LUST AND FORBIDDEN DESIRE THERE'S NO MINI-SERIES HERE, FOLKS.

Added, sex with cheerleaders.

It's a go!

This isn't an "article," it's a blog post. It's only very slightly different than the same posts you see here on HuskerBoard. Calling this an "article" is like calling Paris Hilton an actress.

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I saw "My night in Paris" gave it three stars

(trying to hijack thread)

:bonesflag:

Lots of talk on both sides.

Taylor leaving does not sound right, but who knows what a kid and his parents think.

All this tough talk about him leaving and it not mattering, well if you want to be a 2 loss team or more every year, then concern over him leaving is not necessary. He has been our team this year, when he is not in there, we have little chance of being the dominant team we want to be. No one else is proven, so he is a needed piece heading into big ten play.

Not saying we should beg him to stay or play favorites to keep him. But it will affect this team if he leaves. I do not see it being for the better.

So I will not worry about it until something actually happens. Nothing I can do about it. Moving on.

Whether or not this report specifically is true, with what some people have gotten of his attitude (could be a wrong impression - I couldn't say), I would say it will be for the better.

You can keep him on and it is a situation that will just blow up in our face one day. Coaches want to be really careful about a decision like this, as Dirk Chatelain alluded in his article recently. It could cost a lot, intangibly, as well as risk a lot in the future. If it's a problem that isn't going to go away, sometimes it is just best for everyone to part ways. Now that's a real judgment call and I don't envy anyone in the position of making that decision. Quarterbacks and coaches have a way of being inextricably tied, IMO. Look at the absurd situation in Tennessee right now, or what happened to Kiffin with Russell. Of course, I don't think there's any reason to suspect Tom will whack Bo for losing patience with Taylor, so they are different, but they are situations nonetheless. Childress tied his ship to Favre and sunk. But he looked like a genius for it last year. Callahan made Keller the man and I think the whole team paid for that, even if Keller won that job.

Even not talking about how it will intangibly leave us better off without a blow-up, I would not be extremely worried on the football side of it either. Taylor is electric and growing on the job. But Carnes is much more polished and is no slouch. Turner can be more electric than Taylor. So while there is the setback of a year's worth of patience and development lost, it will hardly be the end of the world. If we go with Carnes, it will be no different than if Zac had started this year and left, and we had to break in a young new starter again. It will look different, but at the same time it could show more promise, albeit in a different way.

Granted I am speaking in hypotheticals that are not that related to the specific situation. It's hard to doubt that Taylor wasn't suspended on friday, but similarly hard to just take the email at its word on some of the other stuff.

and to continue the hyperbole i dislike...taylor is bo's horse, correct? I was under the impression that watson would have preferred to go with another thru the spring and beginning of the year. That may play into a lot of this as well....if it has merit.

I'm not sure about this. It seems that it was a mutual decision, but it's hard to say. It also seems uncharacteristic of Bo to treat a player who wants to quit the team in this way. Not sure I would call Taylor Bo's horse, especially the way he blew up at him. Some deep seated, long term issues are brewing there it seems.

If this is true, Bo should have just kicked him off the team, and been done with it.

:bonesflag:

Lots of talk on both sides.

Taylor leaving does not sound right, but who knows what a kid and his parents think.

All this tough talk about him leaving and it not mattering, well if you want to be a 2 loss team or more every year, then concern over him leaving is not necessary. He has been our team this year, when he is not in there, we have little chance of being the dominant team we want to be. No one else is proven, so he is a needed piece heading into big ten play.

Not saying we should beg him to stay or play favorites to keep him. But it will affect this team if he leaves. I do not see it being for the better.

So I will not worry about it until something actually happens. Nothing I can do about it. Moving on.

Whether or not this report specifically is true, with what some people have gotten of his attitude (could be a wrong impression - I couldn't say), I would say it will be for the better.

You can keep him on and it is a situation that will just blow up in our face one day. Coaches want to be really careful about a decision like this, as Dirk Chatelain alluded in his article recently. It could cost a lot, intangibly, as well as risk a lot in the future. If it's a problem that isn't going to go away, sometimes it is just best for everyone to part ways. Now that's a real judgment call and I don't envy anyone in the position of making that decision. Quarterbacks and coaches have a way of being inextricably tied, IMO. Look at the absurd situation in Tennessee right now, or what happened to Kiffin with Russell. Of course, I don't think there's any reason to suspect Tom will whack Bo for losing patience with Taylor, so they are different, but they are situations nonetheless. Childress tied his ship to Favre and sunk. But he looked like a genius for it last year. Callahan made Keller the man and I think the whole team paid for that, even if Keller won that job.

Even not talking about how it will intangibly leave us better off without a blow-up, I would not be extremely worried on the football side of it either. Taylor is electric and growing on the job. But Carnes is much more polished and is no slouch. Turner can be more electric than Taylor. So while there is the setback of a year's worth of patience and development lost, it will hardly be the end of the world. If we go with Carnes, it will be no different than if Zac had started this year and left, and we had to break in a young new starter again. It will look different, but at the same time it could show more promise, albeit in a different way.

Granted I am speaking in hypotheticals that are not that related to the specific situation. It's hard to doubt that Taylor wasn't suspended on friday, but similarly hard to just take the email at its word on some of the other stuff.

and to continue the hyperbole i dislike...taylor is bo's horse, correct? I was under the impression that watson would have preferred to go with another thru the spring and beginning of the year. That may play into a lot of this as well....if it has merit.

I'm not sure about this. It seems that it was a mutual decision, but it's hard to say. It also seems uncharacteristic of Bo to treat a player who wants to quit the team in this way. Not sure I would call Taylor Bo's horse, especially the way he blew up at him. Some deep seated, long term issues are brewing there it seems.

If this is true, Bo should have just kicked him off the team, and been done with it.

Zac's season is over, and has been for a while. Don't let it fool you that he got into the game Friday and threw a couple of short passes. His injury to his throwing arm is legitimate, and he just got into the game to play his last snaps in the last Husker home game he'll ever get the chance to play in. Kudos to him for playing thru the pain.

If people are concerned about "factual" evidence regarding Taylor and his teammates, you're not going to get it from the media because players aren't going to throw another member of the team under the bus. But within those closed doors, you'll find it very rare to find a single player that likes TM. The social awkwardness that surrounds him is disturbing, to say the least. Taylor is about Taylor, not the team, and that is one of his downfalls as the leader of the team. If Casey and Taylor decide to leave, it's their decision. Bo is the biggest proponent for Taylor that exists, and that's a pretty big person to have behind you.

As fans, we all need to get behind our starter on Saturday (Taylor) and our back-up (Cody) and hope that Watson has a good enough gameplan to beat the Sooners and send us to Arizona in January.

Zac's season is over, and has been for a while. Don't let it fool you that he got into the game Friday and threw a couple of short passes. His injury to his throwing arm is legitimate, and he just got into the game to play his last snaps in the last Husker home game he'll ever get the chance to play in. Kudos to him for playing thru the pain.

If people are concerned about "factual" evidence regarding Taylor and his teammates, you're not going to get it from the media because players aren't going to throw another member of the team under the bus. But within those closed doors, you'll find it very rare to find a single player that likes TM. The social awkwardness that surrounds him is disturbing, to say the least. Taylor is about Taylor, not the team, and that is one of his downfalls as the leader of the team. If Casey and Taylor decide to leave, it's their decision. Bo is the biggest proponent for Taylor that exists, and that's a pretty big person to have behind you.

As fans, we all need to get behind our starter on Saturday (Taylor) and our back-up (Cody) and hope that Watson has a good enough gameplan to beat the Sooners and send us to Arizona in January.

Who's Casey? Did I miss something?

Taylor's dad.

Taylor's dad.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks lol

Taylor's dad.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks lol

:thumbs

You might as well have ended it there. That's the whole problem with the e-mail, the rumors, and this thread. There are no facts. There are gossipy 'insiders' and a lot of allegations flying around about a person's character substantiated by the barest threads and snippets of behavior, never sourced and biased beyond belief. What I see is a kid who probably is arrogant as hell, but who fights to stay in games and plays through a lot of pain. He's also frustrated, experiencing some of the first setbacks of his young life. If he quits, he quits. And he'll be a quitter. If he stays and learns from these experiences, who maybe he'll be looked on differently in the coming years.

You might as well have ended it there. That's the whole problem with the e-mail, the rumors, and this thread. There are no facts. There are gossipy 'insiders' and a lot of allegations flying around about a person's character substantiated by the barest threads and snippets of behavior, never sourced and biased beyond belief. What I see is a kid who probably is arrogant as hell, but who fights to stay in games and plays through a lot of pain. He's also frustrated, experiencing some of the first setbacks of his young life. If he quits, he quits. And he'll be a quitter. If he stays and learns from these experiences, who maybe he'll be looked on differently in the coming years.

On a similar note if there is/was any truth to any of this, why hasn't Bo, Martinez or his Dad come out with denials that he's not leaving and he's a Husker thru-and-thru? Wouldn't you want to squash all of this and move on to more real issues or concerns especially with the CCG and your bowl game approaching? I'm not sure about all of the who-can-speak-when rules, but I'm curious as to why no denial by anyone.?.?