Taylor rumor

One of the few posters who has legitimate inside info (as it seems anyway) saying something that I honestly observe as an outsider.

The kid is not a prima donna. He's just really frickin weird. Socially and otherwise. You have to cut that kid some slack. I mean for real.

I think we all remember when Ricky Williams retired from the NFL and played in the CFL because he had social anxiety. Some people are just wired different.

Trust me when I say it's hard cuz I have to deal with it too

I made a post suggesting that maybe he was an introvert or dealing with social anxiety or something, but no one responded to it.

The way he acts on the sidelines at times I'd say is consistent with someone dealing with problems relating to that, and oftentimes that type of behavior is misconstrued as unfriendly, arrogant, etc.

I also have issues with social anxiety, and it is difficult to deal with.

It seems as if no one wants to hear about it because "shyness" isn't a disorder in the eyes of other people.

I don't think shyness as we usually think of the word qualifies as a social disorder...

Crazy father? Check.

Ability to run fast? Check.

Previous problems following the rules? Check.

Likes to screw girls (and maybe get on a webcam too)? Check.

Sounds like we've got our Cam Newton replacement.

You're about to take this conversation down a road we don't need to go down. Go sober up.

Settle down Francis.

It was a joke and one primarily aimed at my own qb.

Sorry, but with the wild speculation flying around here about this kid, even that kind of stuff can get taken seriously by people and spread around.

Trust me I understand that as well based on the things that have been said in the SE the last 6 weeks.

On a similar note if there is/was any truth to any of this, why hasn't Bo, Martinez or his Dad come out with denials that he's not leaving and he's a Husker thru-and-thru? Wouldn't you want to squash all of this and move on to more real issues or concerns especially with the CCG and your bowl game approaching? I'm not sure about all of the who-can-speak-when rules, but I'm curious as to why no denial by anyone.?.?

You're presuming that the rumors actually affect the team, or something about this game. Everyone citing this or that rumor is just guessing, and the team knows it. They're 99% focused on Oklahoma, and frankly they don't care about the rumors (because there are always rumors about something) and they don't care what we posit here on the internet. They care about what's going on in the locker room, and they have the full story. Mostly they just roll their eyes at this stuff, chuckle, and wonder who dreams some of it up.

And you're presuming to know what is going on in the mind of every kid on the team.

On a similar note if there is/was any truth to any of this, why hasn't Bo, Martinez or his Dad come out with denials that he's not leaving and he's a Husker thru-and-thru? Wouldn't you want to squash all of this and move on to more real issues or concerns especially with the CCG and your bowl game approaching? I'm not sure about all of the who-can-speak-when rules, but I'm curious as to why no denial by anyone.?.?

You're presuming that the rumors actually affect the team, or something about this game. Everyone citing this or that rumor is just guessing, and the team knows it. They're 99% focused on Oklahoma, and frankly they don't care about the rumors (because there are always rumors about something) and they don't care what we posit here on the internet. They care about what's going on in the locker room, and they have the full story. Mostly they just roll their eyes at this stuff, chuckle, and wonder who dreams some of it up.

And you're presuming to know what is going on in the mind of every kid on the team.

Actually, I'm not presuming. ;)

They care about them if they're true (Brett Favre) - they could probably care less about most of these though.

Sorry, but with the wild speculation flying around here about this kid, even that kind of stuff can get taken seriously by people and spread around.

What, they're gonna start spreading rumors that the celebrity starting QB at a major school has nailed chics?

Pretty sure that's just a given

So, I heard that Pelini is very close to taking the UNO job for next season and the coaching staff is keeping it all quiet so there isn't a hit to recruiting.

Can anyone confirm?

UNO has a football team?

Crazy father? Check.

Ability to run fast? Check.

Previous problems following the rules? Check.

Likes to screw girls (and maybe get on a webcam too)? Check.

Sounds like we've got our Cam Newton replacement.

all the power to him heck if i was him id get a vasectomy and bang as many chicks as i could!!

So the BEST case scenario is that Taylor played in the A&M game and then Bo took issue after the game. A suspension was levied and Taylor originally talked of quitting. After sitting down with Bo and everyone he decided to suck it up and in doing so won the respect of coaches, teammates, etc...and he wasn't as banged up as we were led to believe. This would mean Taylor is NU all the way and healthy enough to play.

I believe he's hurt and that's why he limped all through the A&M second half and he sat out last week with turf toe and we may see him in our bowl game. And he'll be here next year. I don't buy into all these rumors.

i don't think Pelini shoots straight with the fans. it is always about his team and how he wants to run it, if you are hoping to hear the truth, don't bother waiting on Pelini to tell it like it is concerning Martinez or any other player....he has this psycho need to keep the truth from everyone, which makes the guy look childish. he will continue with no comment regarding anything controversial with this team...i am quickly tiring of defending him. the win/loss record is meaningless without integrity and dignity, Bo has a lot of growing up to do....this is more about Bo than it is about TM.

1) Bo believes, I think correctly, that keeping critical information from our opponents may confer a strategic advantage in games, increasing the odds of victory.

2) Bo neither has the time nor the ability to determine what is and is not "critical" information, so Bo prefers that almost all information is kept secret.

3) Bo cannot simultaneously convey said information to the Nebraska fan base while still keeping it secret from our opponents.

4) As a consequence of points 1-3 above, virtually all information is kept secret from everyone, including the fan base.

5) If you are a Nebraska fan and therefore appreciate Nebraska victories, you will come to recognize that point 4 above is in your best interest.

Couldn't find the rumor mill so I posted it here.

The following is an email I just received:

T-mart transferring at the end of the season. And that

he was actually suspended last game.

---

Two or three different sources all report a general version of events as this:

1. Bo's meltdown against Taylor on Saturday night. All agree it was over a

cell phone. When Taylor was injured, he was taken to the A&M locker room

because that is where the X-Ray facility was. After being X-rayed and cleared,

rather than hurry and return to the team, Taylor left the medical staff to walk

all the way over to NU's locker room, retrieve his cell phone, and have a

conversation with his father. All told, Taylor and his dad waste 10-20

minutes. Bo is pissed on two different levels. One, he needs the kid back in

the game and he's wasting time. Two, Bo has a very explicit rule about cell

phones in the locker room and on the field. Evidently, Taylor has been busted

for this kind of thing in the past.

Taylor comes back out on the field and the medical staff informs Bo of

Taylor's activities. You saw the conversation that ensued on national TV. Not

pleasant. There are several 'lip-reader' interpretations out there. All have

to do with a phone call.

2. Upon returning to Lincoln, the next day finds Taylor's dad having shown up

on campus. He's pissed. This has happened with Taylor's dad in the past and Bo

pretty much hates dealing with it. They have a meeting with Taylor, Taylor's

dad, and Pelini. Pelini explains that Taylor has violated team rules and will

be suspended for a game. Evidently, Taylor's dad completely loses it, stating

that it is their intention to transfer from NU to somewhere else and that

calling it a 'suspension' will keep teams from wanting his son. Bo says, "Fine,

call it whatever you want, but your son isn't playing on Friday." The meeting

doesn't end well. Rumors swirl like crazy Sunday night that Taylor has quit the

team. Technically, he hasn't, but there is enough truth in there to know that

something has happened.

3. The next day, Taylor shows up with a walking boot on his foot to

practice. Him and his dad want him to wear the boot so that people will believe

that he is not playing this week because of his ankle, not because he's

'suspended'. As a 'screw you' to Pelini, however, Taylor wears the boot on the

wrong foot, causing all sorts of confusion and strange questions from the

press. Taylor, in his odd way, thinks this is all some kind of funny joke.

As this little stunt makes its way through the team, former players such as

Phillip Dillard start piping up via Twitter and Facebook, describing their

thoughts on Taylor and his established history of stunts like this, neglect for

team rules, his over-obsessive daddy, etc. Phil calls on the Unity Council to

dismiss Martinez from the team. Speculation is that current players are the

source of Dillard's anger.

What the 'inside' people are reporting is this: Taylor Martinez is gone after

this season. All agree this is the case. He may not play another game for

Nebraska. Taylor wants to be gone, Taylor's dad wants him gone, and Bo and the

rest of the team want him gone. Everyone within the program, from the coaches

to the players, are tired of his prima donna attitude, helicopter dad, and

general lack of respect for all things Nebraska. The 'suspension' will never be

publicized as such - but that's what it is according to others.

I hope you don't post this kind of crap again.

• Fire 1