A Honest Question

So tonight, what exactly did Taylor do that a healthy Cody Green could not have done?

The only thing that comes to my mind is get sacked over and over again. Other than the Okie State game, Taylor's pocket presense has straight up sucked, and tonight it completely bit NU in the ass. He locks on to receivers all year long and the pick in the endzone was one of the worst decisions I have seen since Pedy, hired the jack ass from the Raiders.

I am sorry, I have been a Cody guy since last October, was slightly wooed by Taylor's early running exhibitions, but tonight I clearly believe Cody WOULD have put us in better positions to win.

Discuss and ridicule.........

• Fire 1

I'm torn. I love CG, but I don't know if he could have made some of the throws that Taylor did. Maybe, maybe not. I just don't know. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think CG has ever thrown more than 99 yards in a game. Martinez had ~150 I believe.

Martinez also had utility in the beginning of the game. I am sure that OU had to pay attention to his running ability, which might have opened things up initially. But once it was obvious that he wasn't going to run with the ball, then he became no better than CG.

As for CG, I think he would not have freaked out in the pocket like Martinez. This is the biggest indictment of the "Martinez is a freshman; lay off" argument. Martinez is a REDSHIRT freshman, which means he's been in the program as long as CG. CG looks poised and comfortable in the pocket; Martinez panics as soon as there is any pressure. I think that CG and Burkhead provide a very stable, reliable backfield that would have ultimately been a better choice than Burkhead-Martinez.

Now, if I'm being honest, Zac Lee gives us the best chance to win of the three, since he is a better passer than Martinez, the calmest of the three, and is enough of a run threat to move the chains every now and again. His injury really cost us.

• Fire 1

If we have a QB who doesn't throw to no one in the end zone and get picked because he's doing everything he's not coached to do, we probably win this game. Taylor was the antiquarterback tonight. I think Rex would have been more effective the whole way through.

A statement like this is usually an exaggeration, expressed for effect. Sadly, I think it is a completely honest evaluation of the situation.

So tonight, what exactly did Taylor do that a healthy Cody Green could not have done?

The only thing that comes to my mind is get sacked over and over again. Other than the Okie State game, Taylor's pocket presense has straight up sucked, and tonight it completely bit NU in the ass. He locks on to receivers all year long and the pick in the endzone was one of the worst decisions I have seen since Pedy, hired the jack ass from the Raiders.

I am sorry, I have been a Cody guy since last October, was slightly wooed by Taylor's early running exhibitions, but tonight I clearly believe Cody WOULD have put us in better positions to win.

Discuss and ridicule.........

He is just a freshman and makes those types of mistake...perhaps Bo is looking at the long term with him....however, I have to say I agree with you. I was thinking Green would have been the better option tonight.

The sad thing is Green could have done better. One thing I vehemently disagree with is, Green played like a freshman for a series against OU last year and gets yanked. T-Mart doesn't play up to par for a whole game and he never questioned. I strongly believe if Green would have started we would have won the game.

People can say if Green were in he would have thrown more picks, but for real a lot of T-Marts passes could have been picked off.

I really believe Green is the casualty of poor coaching and confidence by the staff, and I personally would not be upset if he transferred. I haven't heard one bad thing about him, but yet he isn't good enough to start after winning you a game last week. Disgusting, completely disgusting.

Po Belini is clearly a true fan...

I have no idea how Cody would have performed. He hasn't exactly played the part of Mr. Calm whenever he's been put into big games or tough situations. It would have been nice to see him get a chance, though.

What does this mean? Bc im sick of hearing all the stupid rumors about him leaving and then our team plays like this tonight. If he leaves, he leaves. We have good QBs on the roster that could step in. One player doesnt make a team. Don't be calling me out for not being a fan when other fans are calling for Taylors head and all I said was if he leaves, he leaves...

Hujan:

Although I mostly agree that Cody should have been given a chance, and YES, I am a CG fan and have been since last season. I also agree that maybe Lee would have given us a great chance, if healthy.

I will disagree with your assessment on the "freshman" opinion. When you are RS, he was running scout team, meaning not NU plays... yes, he had the rest of year, but nothing like game speed and reading multiple defenses, especially like OU... he has only played 9.5 games of Division 1 football. Funny, how this board almost melted down after ISU, becuase CG "ISN'T THE MAN"......now, people think he could have beaten OU....

Many times, Taylor kept plays alive (initially) with his feet by making the first guy miss. Cody doesn't have that ability. Yes, Taylor didn't play well, but I won't go as far as saying CG would have done better...

I am a Green fan, but I hope Taylor stays and he has a chance to be special.