Shawn Watson to interview with Vanderbilt today?

Nexus

Like Mceweons article said in another post. We have to get a staff that isn't just patchwork. We have our tight ends coach who's main experience is in a option/power run game offense, a running backs coach who's main experience is in the spread, an OC who's a west coast man, a WR's coach who's west coast, and an OL coach who's a power running/option guy. We need to get everyone on the same page and this learning over time has cost us two big 12 championships.

I've heard "well if you think that Beck is going to be better you've got another thing coming" a few times. How does anyone know that? Has he actually ever called plays for a team before? Has he ever been an OC before? He can't be worse than Watson that's for sure.

Oh just fire his @ss. This Shawn Watson joke is no longer funny. Really.

OK. We fire Watson after this recruiting class is signed. We then ask T O to step in as O/C for one season, while we line up someone for the 2012 season. Being a head coach, A/D is not new. Why can't an O/C and A/D not be tried for a year. You sure as hell won't find a better offensive mind. Just throwing this out there.

GBR!!!

husker nation just creamed in their collective pants...I'd make that announcement now though, and watch the best recruits in the country come to our doorstep knowing t.o. is at the helm.. i wish it would happen, put it probably won't.

The recruits you speak of would have been 4-5 years old the last time Dr. Tom was patroling the sidelines. I don't think it would give you quite the recruiting boost you are looking for. Not to mention that this is less likely than the Detroit Lions winning the Super Bowl this year.

Why in the world would we make Ron Brown the OC?

Who else do we have internally? I do NOT want Cotton or Gilmore as OC!

the only internal candidate would be Beck. Even if watson leaves, I believe we will go outside the program to look for a replacement.

I think it is very unlikely actually, that we go outside.

I agree the only internal candidate would be Beck. Maybe Cotton if they are really crazy enough.

Corncraze, if you are asking "who else", then asking for Brown to be promoted to OC is really just a blind shot in the dark! Does he have any playcalling history even?

Why in the world would we make Ron Brown the OC?

Who else do we have internally? I do NOT want Cotton or Gilmore as OC!

the only internal candidate would be Beck. Even if watson leaves, I believe we will go outside the program to look for a replacement.

I think it is very unlikely actually, that we go outside.

I agree the only internal candidate would be Beck. Maybe Cotton if they are really crazy enough.

Corncraze, if you are asking "who else", then asking for Brown to be promoted to OC is really just a blind shot in the dark! Does he have any playcalling history even?

Coaching Experience: 1982, New Jersey Rams (defensive coordinator); 1983, Brown (head freshman coach); 1984-86, Brown (assistant coach); 1987-2002, Nebraska (assistant coach/wide receivers, tight ends); 2003, Nebraska (assistant coach/wide receivers); 2008-present, Nebraska (assistant coach/tight ends)

Not to mention all the experience he has had under Osborne