Nebraska vs. Washington, pt. 2

Nexus

We shouldn't have declined. Bowl games are to celebrate what the players have accomplished throughout the season. I'm as mad as everyone else but we can't take a bowl game away from our players. They'll still have fun and enjoy the trip. I'd feel terrible if we denied them the chance to go to a bowl game no matter how bad it is.

I'll be at the Holiday Bowl.

This group of hard nosed, gritty players weathered more adversity

and chaos than I can ever remember. They deserve a bowl experience reward

and our support. Period.

Having said that, is anyone with a pulse surprised Beebe screwed us over one last time?

Really?!!?

If you want to be mad, direct your anger at the comically inept OC and Gang

that can turn a team with the re-incarnations of Jeff Kinney (Rex Burkhead),

Rick Burns (Roy Helu), and Eric Crouch (Taylor Martinez) in the same backfield

into complete mush. They made it all possible.

• Fire 1

Kevin Kugler just tweeted this:

Why would the Insight pass on Nebraska? Simple. Big 12 didn't want two Big 10 teams in the game.

This is the last year the B12 gets to play this crap, however it is a sign of things to come for the Big 12, pretty soon the B12 will start to fade as they lose prestige and viewers.

I will watch the game because I love the Huskers and I will watch this just as I do the early season patsies each year.

I agree with all, this is a sucky deal. But the kids did all they could to get us to a bowl game, should have been better, but it is what it is.

I will be there supporting the team. I will drag my 5th wheel down and have another tail gate for all of you that decide to attend. The kids never quit on us this year, I see no reason to quit on them now. I doubt many will show for the game, and I am sure the Holiday Bowl is not happy about it.

But it is three more weeks of practice, and I think that is needed. The kids deserve the Holiday and the goodies they will rake in. The Seniors go out with another win.

The milks is spilt, clean it up and move on.

The Holiday Bowl is normally a great game, with great fans. I am hoping it is this year.

• Fire 2

This is complete and utter bullsh*t. I don't have the words to describe this. I feel bad for these kids. A bunch of douchebags from insight doesn't want two potential Big 10 teams. So, the alternative is having two teams that played less than 4 months ago?

These kids are going to have a month to stew, over how they've gotten hosed. I hope they come out, and make last years Holiday Bowl, look like they took it easy on 'Zona.

I want to see an article in some seattle newspaper the day after, doubting why they have a football program.

I would never say I wont watch the Huskers to prove a point even when this is the biggest :wtf I have ever seen. This is where the Husker faithful need to fill the stadium and show the insight bowl that they lost a lot of money for their host city by choosing the way they did. I feel the Huskers will prepare well for this game and we will see a score comparable to last years game agains Az. The kids deserved better but this is what we have.

GBR GBR GBR

Mizzou fan here. Certainly happy we are getting a better matchup our of thus, but totally understand your frustration. We've been on the receiving end of this messed up bowl selection process multiple times recently. Cheapens the bowls IMHO when things other than performance on the field determine where teams go. Not fair to players either. Good luck against Wash. Good luck in the big 10. I've always thought Big 10 football is a bit overrated, so would be good to see you guys go in there and dominate.

Mizzou fan here. Certainly happy we are getting a better matchup out of this, but totally understand your frustration. We've been on the receiving end of this messed up bowl selection process multiple times recently. Cheapens the bowls IMHO when things other than performance on the field determine where teams go. Not fair to players either. Good luck against Wash. Good luck in the big 10. I've always thought Big 10 football is a bit overrated, so would be good to see you guys go in there and dominate.

Whoever says they should decline this game are a bunch of complete numb skulls... I just don't know how Nebraska could get motivated. This is a no win situation for Nebraska.

You're totally contradicting yourself. The fact that nobody wants to play this game, coupled with the fact that it's a no-win situation for NU, is exactly why they should've declined.

No I'm not! The players deserve a bowl game and the extra 15 practices are very important. Ya, the bowl and matchup sucks but why on earth would you turn down a bowl game. The only time I've seen a bowl get turned down is when a coach gets fired and the team was barely eligible. Not contradicting anything.