Show some respect for Washington, please

isn't it sad that someone has to come here and ask husker fans for some respect for our opponent? that used to be a giuven from us. now there are people scoffing at the idea of respecting washington. maybe it is time to take down those signs at memorial stadium....they no longer refer to us.

You are angry about what is said on an internet message board, but you admit UNL fans who traveled to Seattle were great? One is reality. The other; not so much. Relax.

BTW, Washington fans aren't traditionally known for being good fans. Arrogant and fair weather are the terms that best describe the fans of that university traditionally. If you want to see just how classy Washington athletics is, google what their AD said about the University of Oregon's athletic program earlier this year.

isn't it sad that someone has to come here and ask husker fans for some respect for our opponent? that used to be a giuven from us. now there are people scoffing at the idea of respecting washington. maybe it is time to take down those signs at memorial stadium....they no longer refer to us.

shut up dude.....i'm so sick that every time nebraska fans stand up for themselves someone has to come in and spew this bullsh#t. Of course we respect washington fans and what not but this match up really sucks and you know it. The last thing we want is people trying to sugar coat it for us.

• Fire 1

I still think that Washington is a dangerous team that should be respected, especially since Bo & Co.'s team has got to be disappointed about the Holiday Bowl against a team we already beat. Much like most of us fans, the team has got to be pretty confident of the win, and Washington will be geeked to send Locker out a winner.

shut up dude.....i'm so sick that every time nebraska fans stand up for themselves someone has to come in and spew this bullsh#t. Of course we respect washington fans and what not but this match up really sucks and you know it. The last thing we want is people trying to sugar coat it for us.

Okay, we're leaving the sign up. But we are putting a footnote on it explaining that it doesn't include Ringer02.

/jk

To be fair, Jake Locker seems like a classy guy. Not the college QB some people made him out to be, but he handles himself well considering, and I do wish him luck at the next level.

Also I don't think NU will win by 35 again, although injuries are a definite factor in that.

A little about myself, I was born and raised in Grand Island, NE and wound up in Seattle after being stationed on the USS Abraham Lincoln just north in Everett, WA in 2004. I stayed in state to go to college at the University of Washington which is a great institution. I have been championing the classiness of Husker fans to the Husky fans in Seattle and to have them give you a welcoming and enjoyable experience at our stadium, which I believe they delivered.

First off, I'm pretty pissed about these so-called Husker fans out there saying that getting Washington is an insult and they won't even watch the game. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Being both a Husker and Husky, I can tell you this: being a Husker fan is easy, being a Husky fan is hard.

Nebraska has had nothing but fair weather for decades. Washington is a program that has suffered through years of incompetent and/or scandalous coaches who apparently forgot that recruiting was in the job description. Washington hadn't been to a bowl game for eight years. I can assure you there are zero fair weather Husky fans. They are a team coming off an 0-12 season two years ago and through the efforts of a 36 year old second year head coach and the heroic Jake Locker have finally found something resembling success. Jake Locker is the type of guy who gave up a sure top draft pick and millions of dollars to come back to lead his team through hell and lift his program out of the pit and into a bowl game, and by God he did it.

And I'm sick of hearing how UW is "just a 6-6 team." This is a team that played 15 true freshman and underwent six different offensive line shifts due to injury and inexperience. As a result Jake Locker got battered, bruised, and broken-boned and when everybody had given up on a 3-6 team that lost three straight games to blow-outs, he once again put his team on his back and willed them to three straight wins and bowl eligibility. Mind you, this was through the second hardest schedule played by any team in the entire nation (check the Sagarian ratings). They played in a conference with the #1 and #4 teams in the country and finished 3rd in the PAC-10 behind just Oregon and Stanford. Washington didn't get to phone in two free wins against Western Kentucky and South Dakota State. Every non-conference team they played is going to a bowl game. They had to earn each and every one of their six wins. These guys may not be the greatest group of athletes, but they are the best of college players and they deserve your respect.

sorry, Jake Locker sucks and will not play on Sundays for a long time.

wow...not sure if you are refuting me or trying to prove me right.

• Fire 1

@ Astrodawg:

So that is where the USS Abraham Lincoln ended up after being built by New Portnews, Va. I seen it back in the mid 80's docked and the manufacturer was still working on her to be commissioned, during my assigned carrier was in Dry dock in Portsmouth, VA.

:throwdabones1:

For a rematch with Washington, it is sad the way things turned out and given the cold shoulder by the Insight Bowl. :steam All I can say is Washington has to prove it on the 30th they deserve respect and not ask for it, it is earned. It means all teams in college football earn it or they don't.

:bonesflag:

What is it with these fans of other teams claiming they are also Husker fans. We already got a similar post from a Texas a&m fan claiming he was also a Husker fan. IMO you're either a Husker fan and only a Husker fan or you aren't. This game sucks and you should go back to the Washington Husky board. You are no Husker fan.