Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

Fuel to the fire that I looked up...

There are some strong ties from our staff to Miami's AD Kirby Hocutt

Kirby Hocutt played for K-State while Carl Pelini was a GA, and Mike Ekeler was a fellow linebacker for Snyder

Kirby Hocutt was the associate AD at OU while Pelini was DC

Kirby Hocutt was the AD at Ohio while Carl Pelini was the o-line coach.

Certainly would explain why they would look at Bo.

And why Bo would do them the courtesy of respecting their invite.

its respectful, sure. but he could do an equally respectful thing by denying it, if not more.

Exactly, isn't Bo known for being up-front in situations?

He always says it's 'black and white' with him--no gray areas

- Defense losing a lot of talent this year, especially if crick and dennard leave.

- He might think that he can get better players in the florida area.

- Doesn't want to live in nebraska.

- Hasn't been able to have much offensive success here.

- Afraid he won't be able to go any further than 10 wins at Nebraska.

- Doesn't like the extreme passion of Nebraska fans.

- Wants to coach in an easier conference that he can win in.

- Bo thinks Miami could lead to better job in future.

- More money.

It's a fair tactic and it works. Like the Google employees who go get facebook interviews. All got raises.

If this were any other job it would be no big deal. Heck variety is good for you. Could want to pick up and move around just for the experience, try some new things. But that's why coaches are paid so much: because they are that valuable. Bo picking up and leaving could leave our program in shambles.

That's why they get the big bucks.

I don't see the ohio st reasoning being a big deal. Schembechler was an ass't under woody but michigan gave him his big chance and he held loyal to them. Its been noted that Bo is loyal almost to a fault, so I don't see him leaving the place that gave him his big chance, and at a top prized place in the college football world.

It's a fair tactic and it works. Like the Google employees who go get facebook interviews. All got raises.

If this were any other job it would be no big deal. Heck variety is good for you. Could want to pick up and move around just for the experience, try some new things. But that's why coaches are paid so much: because they are that valuable. Bo picking up and leaving could leave our program in shambles.

i think bo could get a raise without doing this, though.

perhaps. But there are a lot of factors that might say otherwise.

-Didnt produce a Big 12 Championship

-there are a half million dollars worth of bonuses to do such a thing (big 12 champ, bcs bowl, bcs title)

-lost revenue to the athletic department from the Big 12 buyout

-lost revenue due to Nebraska not recieving a full Big 10 share until 2017

perhaps. But there are a lot of factors that might say otherwise.

-Didnt produce a Big 12 Championship

-there are a half million dollars worth of bonuses to do such a thing (big 12 champ, bcs bowl, bcs title)

-lost revenue to the athletic department from the Big 12 buyout

-lost revenue due to Nebraska not recieving a full Big 10 share until 2017

those are really good points. i always liked to think bo was above all of that, and would only leave for osu. but it is a different age, not much loyalty anymore.