Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

I don't know why everyone thinks this Miami job would be so attractive to Bo. A school with an apathetic fan base just fired a coach for an 7-5 season after four years. In other words, a school that doesn't care much about football gave Shannon very little slack. IMO, the Miami situation is not any different from where we were after Pedersen fired Solich. I think a lot of prospective coaches will be leery of the Miami job, Bo included.

I have a really hard time seeing this happen, unless Osborne and/or Perlman were especially (and, IMO, unjustifiably) hard on Bo after the A&M game.

If Bo was using this to get a raise fine. But that doesn't mesh with the statement from TO saying he never asked permission. If he was going for a raise he would ask for permission, then interview, then be offered the raise.

Also, does Bo strike you as a guy that really cares about making more than $2.5 million a year? I mean, he's making enough to buy each of his children a $500,000 house and tuition to any school they want to attend, plus a big savings account. Aside from that, what does he really need? He strikes me as a guy that's much more interested in winning football games than driving a Ferrari. Although he could do both with his present salary. What's a raise gonna get him? He's not within reach of a G6.

Expect more of this in the coming years. Bo is a good coach and his name will be brought up every year during the off-season coaching search circus. I dont expect him to go anywhere. He is an excellent fit at NU and has everything at his disposal to win championships. The past two years we have come within 4 points combined of winning one. So, we are not far off. I would almost be more worried if Bo's name wasnt brought up, that would mean he likely isnt a very good coach.

You would think with his attitude and the way the media gushes about his sideline demeanor he would be on a blacklist of untouchables. Evidently his sideline demeanor isn't that big of a deal.

First off, i hope this isnt true , because if it is we are completely screwed!!Either Gill or Cotton is a HUGE step backwards! As a matter of fact theres nobody available who would be a step up IMO. As far as why he would want to leave, theres so much going on behind the scenes its hard to even guess. Maybe he didnt like his scolding for yelling, maybe he he wants to cut and run before he gets fired for doing it again etc..etc .. etc. Also it was just reported on the AM sportcenter that he will interview with miami!!

you forgot one

-doesnt like the crazy conspiracy theories that seem to circulate around our "loyal" fanbase.

:yeah

This right here and the fact that Bo spends more of his time on interviews debunking rumors then actually talking about the game or his team. I am a huge Husker fan but I gaurantee that this is causing a guy who already doesn't like talking to the media to despise them and the fanbase more.

A few things to consider:

1. Bo is about to enter the Big 10. He played for Ohio St, he's from Ohio, and he's basically going to travel his his home turf now.

2. Even if Miami doubled his salary, it would be the same when you factor in cost of living.

3. He's a midwestern guy. Born and bred. He would not be comfortable at all somewhere like Miami. It's a freakshow down there.

4. The "Thug" factor. Coaching at Miami is more trouble than it's worth. Too many idiot players and too much trouble for them to get into in Miami.

The only thing that Miami has over Nebraska is the weather. And it might be a tad easier to recruit there. Other than that, it's a job for a guy who wants to be in the spotlight and end up coaching for Jerry Jones. That's not Bo. In the end, he's got a good thing here and he knows that. For him to start over now somewhere else would be dumb and counterproductive for his career. And personally, I think he cares about Nebraska and the kids he coaches. I could see him leaving if/when Tressel (sp?) retires and they offer him the gig, or if he was magically offered a "dream" head coaching job in the NFL someday. But make no mistake, we, as fans, need to be supportive and loyal TO him if we expect the same FROM him. Unfortunately, some Husker fans expect too much from each and every season and start calling for heads by the end of it. That's not going to help us if someone ever does peak his interest.

My two cents anyway.