Huskers and Adidas?

Mosskid84

I am not into the flashing blue light specials of Oregon uniforms. No use of the school colors. Loyalty to addias is something that should be considered. They have been loyal to us.

I never want to see a black uniform on the field at Nebraska. I could never think of a reason for it to be done. I am sick of the gangster black crap.

this i agree with. We've been with Adidas for 20 years(when the contract is up) why would we switch it up. Im sure adidas is thrilled with having Nebraska, you could see the dollars signs light up in their eyes. I bet within the last 6 years i have almost a $1500 worth of Nebraska/Adidas stuff.

Nebraska and Adidas go hand in hand. Like Vals and Runza in the stadium.

it would be a lot easier to find apparel if we were Nike. Right now addidas produces a couple polos, and that's about as far as they go. Nike would be better, and things would be more available to those of us that can't run down to the bookstore. Estes Park, CO has 3 times the Husker shops as KC does. (not being sarcastic here, they really do)

Uh, you realize that availability has nothing to do with the apparel maker, right? Adidas makes a ridiculous amount of Nebraska stuff. Look online, it's everywhere.

Uh, you're right. I should just buy 5 of the same polo I guess. I just checked online. Check out collegefootballstore.com. Texas has Nike polos for Pique, Play Action Pass, Conference Performance, Core Performane, FIT Performance, Corner Performance, Classic, etc. About 10 different styles, in a bunch of colors. Same site - Nebraska has the coaches polo, and the climalite polos. That's about it. Addidas sucks when it comes to apparel.

it would be a lot easier to find apparel if we were Nike. Right now addidas produces a couple polos, and that's about as far as they go. Nike would be better, and things would be more available to those of us that can't run down to the bookstore. Estes Park, CO has 3 times the Husker shops as KC does. (not being sarcastic here, they really do)

Uh, you realize that availability has nothing to do with the apparel maker, right? Adidas makes a ridiculous amount of Nebraska stuff. Look online, it's everywhere.

Uh, you're right. I should just buy 5 of the same polo I guess. I just checked online. Check out collegefootballstore.com. Texas has Nike polos for Pique, Play Action Pass, Conference Performance, Core Performane, FIT Performance, Corner Performance, Classic, etc. About 10 different styles, in a bunch of colors. Same site - Nebraska has the coaches polo, and the climalite polos. That's about it. Addidas sucks when it comes to apparel.

Yes. Adidas really doesn't have much to choose from, and what they do have isn't what I would call real creative. Everything pretty basic. If Adidas was smart they would have made some replica throwbacks from the ULL game last year. Maybe they did, but I haven't seen any. Anyway, Nike has alot more to pick from and much cooler looking. Hell, scheels has better inventory than anywhere and that just shouldn't be.

The only thing that a Nike deal would bring to the table are receiver gloves that, when placing your two hands together form the NU logo. THink Mark Ingram in the title game. I like those things and the TCU gloves are pretty sweet. OSU's form the big O. That is the only thing that Nike does that I like.

I have been an ADIDAS>Nike guy since high school. Just like the adidas fit and their $hit last longer than Nike, especially training shoes.

Plus with adidas we can sing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA8DsUN6g_k

No way. I hope we never switch to Nike.... ever. If we did, we'd have to change our uniforms.
We'd have to change them? Like Penn State, USC and Alabama have changed theirs?Anyway, to answer the question, Nebraska's contract was signed in 2006 for 8 years, it will exprire in 2013.
Dunno about PS and Bama, but USC did. And I don't ever want to see Nebraska in a God-Awful Pro combat uni. They're all hideous.Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniforms2.jpg
I think that the Missouri jerseys are pretty BA

and here is where i have a problem with alternate jerseys. when you said you liked the missouri jersey, it took me a solid 10 seconds to figure out which one was missouri. if you have a recognizable brand, why change it? i could care less which brand logo is stitched on the color, i just want the uniforms to be recognizable as Nebraska. looking through this photo, how many of those uniforms are instantly recognizable?

No way. I hope we never switch to Nike.... ever. If we did, we'd have to change our uniforms.
We'd have to change them? Like Penn State, USC and Alabama have changed theirs?Anyway, to answer the question, Nebraska's contract was signed in 2006 for 8 years, it will exprire in 2013.
Dunno about PS and Bama, but USC did. And I don't ever want to see Nebraska in a God-Awful Pro combat uni. They're all hideous.Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniforms2.jpg
I think that the Missouri jerseys are pretty BA

and here is where i have a problem with alternate jerseys. when you said you liked the missouri jersey, it took me a solid 10 seconds to figure out which one was missouri. if you have a recognizable brand, why change it? i could care less which brand logo is stitched on the color, i just want the uniforms to be recognizable as Nebraska. looking through this photo, how many of those uniforms are instantly recognizable?

thats a great point. 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 are hardly instantly recognizable.

those saying otherwise have a uniform fetish or are lying through their keyboards.

to be fair tho, how many people (non-nebraska fans) would recognize a nebraska uniform head-on in that line-up without seeing the N on the side of the helmet?

but that brings it full circle...if you cant tell wtf youre looking at to begin with, whats the point of changing it to make it even more confusing? you have a better chance sticking with your constant, singularly identifiable brand i would believe.

I think people seem to miss the point that schools dictate what they want to wear. Just because Nike designs a uniform doesn't mean they have to wear it. Whatever the uniform manufacturer is (and I hope it becomes Nike), Nebraska can still choose what their uniforms look like.

I'd say youre missing your own point in a sense- Nebraska is dictating- its adidas, and has been adidas since companies really got into paying schools that held clout for the rights. Considering the value of continuity at the program, a change to Nike or whoever is rather unlikely wouldnt you think? Its not like adidas is Big 12'ing them.

Nebraska will not switch to Nike because:

a) Adidas gives more money to non-revenue sports-----something that a self-sastaining budget needs.

B) Adidas won't just sponsor everybody....they go after a certain group (and want to keep it that way):

Wisc

NU

Michigan

UCLA

Texas A&M (except track)

Kansas

Notre Dame

Louisville

Tennesse

Miss State

For the most part with Adidas its a all or nothing. At time Nike will just sponsor a certain sports---Florida does this for baseball and volleyball.

The only school that I can think of that was Adidas and switched back to Nike was Arkansas.

Yes, I believe that Nike give more gear to the athletes, but Adidas treats the non-revenue athletes (like I was) better. There is plenty of Adidas Nebraska gear (and Nike Nebraska gear for that matter).

I think people seem to miss the point that schools dictate what they want to wear. Just because Nike designs a uniform doesn't mean they have to wear it. Whatever the uniform manufacturer is (and I hope it becomes Nike), Nebraska can still choose what their uniforms look like.

I'd say youre missing your own point in a sense- Nebraska is dictating- its adidas, and has been adidas since companies really got into paying schools that held clout for the rights. Considering the value of continuity at the program, a change to Nike or whoever is rather unlikely wouldnt you think? Its not like adidas is Big 12'ing them.

What I'm trying to say is that if NU happened to switch to Nike, it doesn't mean that all of a sudden we would be getting new uniforms. Nike does not equal crazy uniforms. Nebraska has the power to say what they want. I only hope for a switch to Nike because I've had much better luck with their fan products than Adidas. Besides that, I couldn't care less if there's a swoosh or a triple stripe on the jersey.

What I'm trying to say is that if NU happened to switch to Nike, it doesn't mean that all of a sudden we would be getting new uniforms. Nike does not equal crazy uniforms. Nebraska has the power to say what they want. I only hope for a switch to Nike because I've had much better luck with their fan products than Adidas. Besides that, I couldn't care less if there's a swoosh or a triple stripe on the jersey.

That makes sense.

But I worry about the rabbit hole. I'd guess Ohio States fanbase felt the same way most of us do. And maybe LSU's. Who knows. You start working with the devil, and before you know it, he's found a way to get you to do what he wants.

Its a glove here. A helmet there. Then a whole new uniform for one game. Then youre Oregon where this all started and they havent worn the same uniform once the entire season.

What exactly is uniform about that? Defeats the purpose, doesnt it?

All chasing that paper trail. Im not naive. I believe we'll see the day where Nebraska has an alternate uni. But I dont have to like it.