One thing that eases my mind

Actually it's more like three things: Crick, David, Dennard.

Nebraska will go into B10 play with potentially 3 first rounders on defense. Even better is that there will be one at each level (line, linebacker, secondary). Having guys with that kind of talent and experience on each level will be huge for this team. Not only does it make a better starting 11 for games, but these guys will have all offseason to be mentoring their teammates in the positions around them.

Normally I'm not a big draft guy, but it will be fun to watch next year if these guys have the kind of season everyone expects.

Nebraska will go into B10 play with potentially 3 first rounders on defense. Even better is that there will be one at each level (line, linebacker, secondary). Having guys with that kind of talent and experience on each level will be huge for this team. Not only does it make a better starting 11 for games, but these guys will have all offseason to be mentoring their teammates in the positions around them.

Normally I'm not a big draft guy, but it will be fun to watch next year if these guys have the kind of season everyone expects.

I agree, but I am worried about our secondary and LBs still to be honest. Dennard is a beast, and Osborne & Ciante has shown a lot of upside (but Ciante is still very inexperieced), but we are losing 3 huge DBs , especially Prince and Hagg (who is horribly underrated). I do think Cassidy will do well and I look forward to Stafford coming here.

At LB I am little more worried, because the Big Ten boys are much bigger than we are used to. David is incredible, but Compton still hasn't budded into the elite LB we were expecting, and besides those 2 I'm not excited about all of our other LBs.

Luckily we will be extremely experienced on the DL, and Crick looks to be only getting better!

All this being said, we have an elite Defensive coaching staff and I still expect at least a top 15 defense, but I honestly think we might take a step backwards from this year (especially in the passing game).

I agree, but I am worried about our secondary and LBs still to be honest. Dennard is a beast, and Osborne & Ciante has shown a lot of upside (but Ciante is still very inexperieced), but we are losing 3 huge DBs , especially Prince and Hagg (who is horribly underrated). I do think Cassidy will do well and I look forward to Stafford coming here.

At LB I am little more worried, because the Big Ten boys are much bigger than we are used to. David is incredible, but Compton still hasn't budded into the elite LB we were expecting, and besides those 2 I'm not excited about all of our other LBs.

Luckily we will be extremely experienced on the DL, and Crick looks to be only getting better!

All this being said, we have an elite Defensive coaching staff and I still expect at least a top 15 defense, but I honestly think we might take a step backwards from this year (especially in the passing game).

Agree, same here. The 3 DBs we are losing were absolute studs. Those guys will tough to replace, i dont care how you slice it. Im worried about David possibly getting a little beat up BigTen play because of the size different we will be facing.

Losing Hagg will hurt unimaginably, but not losing Dennard is going to be a huge, huge, huuuge boon for us. I would have been incredibly worried if we lost Dennard. Fortunately, looks like it will not happen. Hopefully our two safeties will grow a lot more into their role next year and pick up the slack of breaking in a new corner and peso.

I remember similar posts to the concern about losing Gomes, Hagg and Amukamara last year when we lost Asante and O'Hanlon. We did OK without those two, largely because we had Gomes, Hagg and Amukamara returning. With Dennard, Evans, Cassidy, Osborne and Smith returning we're in good shape in the defensive backfield. We have a pack of underclassmen, including Dijon Washington, Lazarri Middleton and Andrew Green, who should be pretty good. We actually have quite a bit of (inexperienced but quality) depth at DB, and we have a coach (Sanders) who is more than capable of getting the most out of these guys.

I remember similar posts to the concern about losing Gomes, Hagg and Amukamara last year when we lost Asante and O'Hanlon. We did OK without those two, largely because we had Gomes, Hagg and Amukamara returning. With Dennard, Evans, Cassidy, Osborne and Smith returning we're in good shape in the defensive backfield. We have a pack of underclassmen, including Dijon Washington, Lazarri Middleton and Andrew Green, who should be pretty good. We actually have quite a bit of (inexperienced but quality) depth at DB, and we have a coach (Sanders) who is more than capable of getting the most out of these guys.

I do love Marvin Sanders!

Being concerned about Compton not turning into an all-american yet needs to be taken with a grain of salt IMO. He was hurt for what half the season or a little less? Give the guy an entire year next year, with him staying healthy and then we can see where he's at. I think we have some talent in the secondary that'll step up in Prince and Hagg's shoes and help fill the void however large it may seem at this time.

Yes it is true Nu's LB's are a little lighter than alot (not all) of B10 LB's but just by a few pounds. I would rather have a quick LB with a ton of heart than one that wieghs 10 or 15 pounds more and thinks he can rely on his size, therefore losing some in the heart dept. Look at that little RB from San Diego, turned down offers all over cuz he wanted to play RB, SDSU gave him a shot and did not regret it. Amazing what heart and character can bring out in a player when they hit the field.

Wisconsin plays the old smash mouth football with the big running backs and linemen, that was once Nebraska's offense. Will be interesting to see how we do against them. It seemed to me that maybe Bo pulled in the reins a bit, once we got decent lead. Lot of three and outs or one first down and then a punt. Was that by design or just an offense that couldn't change up its plays, when the other team started to adjust to them. The Mizzou, Iowa St and Okl games seemed to me, that we kind of circled the wagons and tried to hold on. Bo built the defense first, to get this program back up and running, I also think he has a big say about what and when the offense will attack, or when to start playing it close to the vest. Is that putting to much on the D?

Bo has the defensive players coming back to keep this program moving forward, even in the Big-10. We lose some top players, but I think we are just going to keep reloading on the D each year.

GBR!!!

Not worried about our defense. Our offense is another story. I don't want to see our D having to keep us in the game again this year.

:yeah

I'm with you. That has been driving me crazy the last few years. Having to continue to watch the D give it their all just in order to keep us in the game. It is nice to see the D force a 3-and-out, but then the feeling of desperation appears when I realize that the offense will probably do the same thing (3-and-out).