Braylon Heard

HankNU

Transcripts will not be an issue unless he changed schools a few times or went to a charter school, which as far as I know he did not. I mean, unless there is something super weird. I dont mean to sound like a know it all but I am just talking from experiences with kids coming into K-12 schools. The only issues are lots of transfers and weird charter schools.

Transcripts will not be an issue unless he changed schools a few times or went to a charter school, which as far as I know he did not. I mean, unless there is something super weird. I dont mean to sound like a know it all but I am just talking from experiences with kids coming into K-12 schools. The only issues are lots of transfers and weird charter schools.

Hope they already had his paperwork, UNL offices are closed this week, so they only have 5 days to process everything before classes start the following Monday. And he still has to make it through the NCAA Clearinghouse.

Well here's the deal. It's obviously looking good because Braylon got an 18, BUT... he needs a 71 cumulative. If you take 71 divided by 4 (the number of sections on the ACT), that is equal to 17.75, which is rounded up to 18. The problem is, a 17.5 is also rounded up to an 18, and a 17.5 is only a cumulative score of 70, leaving him one point short.

Basically, Braylon may have gotten a 70, 71, 72, or 73 cumulative score based on him telling us that he scored an 18. As long as he didn't get a 70, he will make it in. So basically think of it as a 75% chance that Braylon is N!

Well here's the deal. It's obviously looking good because Braylon got an 18, BUT... he needs a 71 cumulative. If you take 71 divided by 4 (the number of sections on the ACT), that is equal to 17.75, which is rounded up to 18. The problem is, a 17.5 is also rounded up to an 18, and a 17.5 is only a cumulative score of 70, leaving him one point short.

Basically, Braylon may have gotten a 70, 71, 72, or 73 cumulative score based on him telling us that he scored an 18. As long as he didn't get a 70, he will make it in. So basically think of it as a 75% chance that Braylon is N!

Well I am just going to hope that the reporters and Heard himself did their homework on this and he will be qualified. Thanks for breaking it down and being a voice of reason but this is celebration time! :woo

congrats braylon.... everyone is really proud of you and are quite happy with your accomplishments in getting the scores you need

you RB AG (and dont forget DR which i really hope will come along.. had high hopes for him this season and not just in clean up time... seems like he took a step back in a way) will reall lead the way in the B10

:thumbs

Stargazer question here: Will he show up on our rivals rankings page? If so when?

Oh, and I know, stars don't matter.........until you have a top 10 class and then they kick a$$!!

Probably in last years class. :thumbs

actually i believe he is considered part of this years class...not sure thou

his scholarship counts against this year's 25 man limit (2011). i have no idea about (and even less concern for) which class the recruiting marketers place him.

Don't think gratefulred is worried about recruiting class, he's worried about him gettin into actual academic classes. The NCAA clearinghouse has not cleared Braylon yet and really no word on it. I'm not sure how long he would have to enroll. I would think the NCAA would pick it up in his case so he can enroll as soon as possible if he clears so he doesn't get behind or if he doesn't he can move on.