Morning after

holvy83

Stayed away from the board last night for good reason :wasted But a couple things that stick out from last night was:

1) The O-LINE got flat out dominated! Watson's play calling doesn't mean squat b/c the guys in the trenches couldn't block anyone! Anyone notice on the sacks that UW only rushed 3!!

2) Did not see any fire out of anyone last night, talk about everyone going through the motions...

3) How many times was the defense not set when UW got up to the line of scrimmage, looked like they had guys in the wrong spots most of the time. Also, are they not allowed to try to block a punt? We don't send anyone and Burkhead still has to call a fair catch!!

4) This came down to which team wanted it the most, and it was painfully obvious that NU did not want it, and that my friends falls on Bo.

Disappointing is the only word I can come up with, they had the perfect opportunity to coast into the offseason on a high note at 11-3 but instead get their butt's whooped by a far more inferior team and go 10-4 with many ?????? leading into spring and next fall. This falls on Bo as the head coach to put the pieces back in place, I decided to jump on the can Watson bandwagon last night also, maybe change IS what they need. They only thing we can hope for is improvement.

I was on the board last night, and I was pi$$ed, but tried to stay rationale..... this morning, I think that I am almost more baffled, and in disbelief than last night.

It is such a disappointing end to what looked to be sooo promising before the Texas game. I don't have any answers either...Way tooo much blame to go around on this one.

1. Bo = It has to start with the HC. He was quoted saying that he spent 9 yrs in the NFL

and was used to playing a team twice in a year and this was no problem. Apparently

his motivation tactics weren't enough for a group of disappointed athletes to buy

into. Plus, if you noticed, Bo was very "relaxed" ( in Bo terms ) on the

sidelines. Almost sensed that he wasn't "suprised" that we played unispired.

2. Asst. = Enough on here about Watson...no need for me to add anything..gone....Cotton's

OL got "lit up" all night. Obviously, OC calling run plays on every 1st down,

(1 throw on 1st down), didn't help his OL out. Trying to block 8 with 6 doesnt

work well... Once again, Gilmores WR couldn't get open oo hold onto ball.

Defensively, we once again played very well in the secondary (Thank you Marvin)

3. Players = I really thought the senior class would find a way to go out WINNERS. Now,

they are "winners", but lost their last game. I was suprised that guys

failed to show up last night. I understand the scheme aspect, but at some

point, the player must block, tackle, throw, catch, hold onto the ball, and

yes even for one game "punt" ( thank you Alex for awesome career).

What needs to change. Million dollar question. Watson gone = yes.... Cotton gone = yes, in my opinion. We keep hearing about these great OL guys coming in, but his OL's haven't gotten any better in the 3 years. Hell, I am a CUBS fan... I already get enough of the "wait til next year" crap.

I am a T-Mart fan. I think he will develop into a good QB.... Look how healthy Robinson tore up the Big 10, until he got hurt. I can envision T-Mart doing the same, just polishing his passing presence. I am a fan of Green too. What a mature kid. Did not throw ball well last night. Off of back foot every time, causing ball too sail.

** Bo needs to work hard to keep current recruits....keep Crick and Dennard on board. I know Dennard already stated he is staying, but after the disappointment, a lot of things go through a young kid's mind. Develop a "run" stopping defense and some form of a power running game, with the big play (speed) game potential as we enter the Big 10. We need ball control.

It honestly looked like we didn't prepare at all this past month. That was probably the worst game we've played all year....................pathetic. I was pissed I stayed up to watch that garbage, should've just taped it and watched it today instead of losing sleep over it. The entire team played bad, offense, defense, and special teams. When Alex Henery plays bad we know we're really screwed.

Giving how terrible we played, I like how ESPN is still getting on its knees for Jake Locker.

The dude showed he's not going to be a next level QB. Yea he ran for 85 yards and a TD, but he still only completed 33% of his passes for 71 yards!

I just hate looking at ESPN & Yahoo sports saying how Locker went out a winner and all this about how great he is. I guess I'm just digressing and pissed from last nights loss. Anywho, have a great new year everybody

For me, its the fact that most of our improvenent we saw in bo's first year. I do not know what to look forward to now. Verrrry concerned for our future. If we can't be solid/consistent top 15 with these kids and quit losing 6-3, 13-12, 9-7 etc. I am not sure what we can do.very troubling since SDSU and particularly since .

MU

I know the OL didn't do that well last night but not every sack was on them. There were a few times where Martinez held onto the ball more than 4-5 seconds and just ate it. You can't ask your OL to give you more than 3-4 seconds in a passing situation especially when it's a 3 step drop for the QB. I personally think Martinez has mentally been beaten with his ankle and toe because he seemed so timid in the pocket against OU and Washington. He didn't commit to scramble and he didn't commit to throwing it away or trying to break the pocket. Also we had way too many penalties. There were a few 3rd and shorts that turned into 3rd and mid to long which don't help. Not to mention, just like with OU, I think Washington just pinned their ears back a few times because they don't fear Martinez running. He just seemed to be beaten after getting hurt. He goes from busting 80 yard TD runs in the first 7 games to not being able to break the pocket and scramble for a yard or two. I think he held the ball too long against OU and Washington quite a few times.

Giving how terrible we played, I like how ESPN is still getting on its knees for Jake Locker.

The dude showed he's not going to be a next level QB. Yea he ran for 85 yards and a TD, but he still only completed 33% of his passes for 71 yards!

I just hate looking at ESPN & Yahoo sports saying how Locker went out a winner and all this about how great he is. I guess I'm just digressing and pissed from last nights loss. Anywho, have a great new year everybody

Nebraska needed a "Jake Locker" this year. Great group of Seniors but no leader stepped up from that group to set the attitude. Suh provided that for the team last year. Maybe it is due to Bo being too much of the inspirational leader. This team next year has to find a go to leader that can will them to victory. Locker will not be a good NFL QB, no chance, but his spirit last night was very honorable.

Stayed away from the board last night for good reason :wasted But a couple things that stick out from last night was:

1) The O-LINE got flat out dominated! Watson's play calling doesn't mean squat b/c the guys in the trenches couldn't block anyone! Anyone notice on the sacks that UW only rushed 3!!

2) Did not see any fire out of anyone last night, talk about everyone going through the motions...

3) How many times was the defense not set when UW got up to the line of scrimmage, looked like they had guys in the wrong spots most of the time. Also, are they not allowed to try to block a punt? We don't send anyone and Burkhead still has to call a fair catch!!

4) This came down to which team wanted it the most, and it was painfully obvious that NU did not want it, and that my friends falls on Bo.

Disappointing is the only word I can come up with, they had the perfect opportunity to coast into the offseason on a high note at 11-3 but instead get their butt's whooped by a far more inferior team and go 10-4 with many ?????? leading into spring and next fall. This falls on Bo as the head coach to put the pieces back in place, I decided to jump on the can Watson bandwagon last night also, maybe change IS what they need. They only thing we can hope for is improvement.

Knowing this undisciplined team, attempting to block a punt would most likely result in a 15-yd roughing the kicker penalty. At least Burkhead can catch the dang ball.

How about embarrassing? I was sure embarrassed by that nationally televised performance.