Starling is a cheeky dude

zoogs

My guess is most of them.

Cody was not, is not, and will not ever be ready to lead this team. Lee was hurt so he was not going to do it. We saw Taylor get hurt in the Missouri game, he was never the same afterwards. At that time he was on the Hypsman list, yet how quickly we forget when he gets injured, is forced to play and can not how good he had been prior.

He is not a finished product, but he was the best product we had to win with or we would not have been on the field. Lee may have given us a better chance, but his injury kept him out or some reason did.

I do not know Taylor by any means, but a lot of comments on here make it sound like some do. I have never seen him act disrespectful, just quiet and somewhat shy.

@skersfan

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree.

Western Kentucky - Could have won that game without a quarterback.

Idaho - Same as the first game.

Washington - Martinez certainly put up some numbers, but Rex and Roy could have managed.

Kansas State - Same as Washington.

Texas - Doesn't matter who was quarterback, receivers couldn't hold on to anything.

Oklahoma State - Taylor won this one.

Missouri - Taylor wasn't doing anything before he got injured. Plus, Roy did rush for 308 yards.

Iowa State - Cody started, Nebraska won.

Kansas - Wouldn't matter who started, Kansas sucked.

Texas A&M - Taylor didn't produce before or after being injured.

Colorado - Cody/Rex at quarterback, Nebraska won.

Oklahoma - Taylor was the biggest reason Nebraska lost. Didn't make any plays.

Washington - Who knows.

So, from what I can tell, Nebraska would have either lost one more game or had the same record without Martinez that we had with him.

I thought he got injured on the second drive, and our first drive with him uninjured we got a field goal. And to be honest i don't think he was 100%. I dont think he ever was for the rest of the season.

He was injured in the Missouri game. He was never the same afterwards.

And he is on campus, not a player talking trash, that by most accounts will not even attempt to play college football.

Every year we go through this the next one is better he has to be our starter. We have a kid that is a Freshman All American, that when healthy is a true weapon. He has the battle scars, the experience and hopefully will have a OC that uses him correctly next year, be it Watson or someone else.

High ankle sprain, bruised thigh, turf toe, most players take a year to recover from. What ever he had was bad and the fact that he went out there and played injured, giving it all he had, and all of us know he was not near 100% after the Missouri game is to be admired. Somehow we do not understand injuries take away ability, concentration. WE did not learn from last year with Zac it appears.

We need to be supporting our starting QB. He needs it more now than he has in the past. His note is an effort to try and calm fears, and to tell us he knows his shortcomings and will work on them.

I do not know if he is the starter next year or not, but at this moment he is the only one that is a real starter.

• Fire 1

And he is on campus, not a player talking trash, that by most accounts will not even attempt to play college football.

Every year we go through this the next one is better he has to be our starter. We have a kid that is a Freshman All American, that when healthy is a true weapon. He has the battle scars, the experience and hopefully will have a OC that uses him correctly next year, be it Watson or someone else.

High ankle sprain, bruised thigh, turf toe, most players take a year to recover from. What ever he had was bad and the fact that he went out there and played injured, giving it all he had, and all of us know he was not near 100% after the Missouri game is to be admired. Somehow we do not understand injuries take away ability, concentration. WE did not learn from last year with Zac it appears.

We need to be supporting our starting QB. He needs it more now than he has in the past. His note is an effort to try and calm fears, and to tell us he knows his shortcomings and will work on them.

I do not know if he is the starter next year or not, but at this moment he is the only one that is a real starter.

Yup. I'd say it's way past time to get off of Martiez's back. Not a crime to be an introvert, though it's hard to be a leader if you are. He worked hard, he's got a lot of work yet to do. But player development is as much on the coaching staff as on the player.

I don't like how the coaches handled the situation, honestly. You could tell Taylor was injured the rest of the season after Missouri and he became a detriment to the team. I can't think of one situation where he helped us after being injured. The kid should have been allowed to heal up and they should make due with someone else for a few games. Not his fault...I blame the coaches all the way for keeping him out there. It was the same with Lee. We basically shut down the offense like we did last year.

Martinez does still have one of the worst throwing motions I have ever seen. He throws it like a shot-put. He is not accurate, he has no power behind it, and he locks onto WR's. If he works on those things and studies lots of film...he will hit the next level. I just hope if he gets hurt, we can put someone else in and there isn't much drop off and we wouldn't have to shut down the playbook. Something is going on in practice that needs to be fixed, because too many guys on offense must not be getting quality reps or coaching.

@skersfan

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree.

Western Kentucky - Could have won that game without a quarterback.

Idaho - Same as the first game.

Washington - Martinez certainly put up some numbers, but Rex and Roy could have managed.

Kansas State - Same as Washington.

Texas - Doesn't matter who was quarterback, receivers couldn't hold on to anything.

Oklahoma State - Taylor won this one.

Missouri - Taylor wasn't doing anything before he got injured. Plus, Roy did rush for 308 yards.

Iowa State - Cody started, Nebraska won.

Kansas - Wouldn't matter who started, Kansas sucked.

Colorado - Cody/Rex at quarterback, Nebraska won.

Oklahoma - Taylor was the biggest reason Nebraska lost. Didn't make any plays.

Washington - Who knows.

So, from what I can tell, Nebraska would have either lost one more game or had the same record without Martinez that we had with him.

Western Kentucky - Could have won that game without a quarterback.-agreed

Idaho - Same as the first game.-agreed

Washington - Martinez certainly put up some numbers, but Rex and Roy could have managed.- I was at this game, every Nebraska fan there thought it was going to be a tough game to win at halftime. Then Martinez had an 80-yard touchdown run. He blew that game open.

Kansas State - Same as Washington.- Seriously? Didn't he break the school record for rushing by a quarterback in this game?

Texas - Doesn't matter who was quarterback, receivers couldn't hold on to anything.- Agreed

Oklahoma State - Taylor won this one. - OK, well you can kiss the Big 12 North goodbye if he's not starting.

Missouri - Taylor wasn't doing anything before he got injured. Plus, Roy did rush for 308 yards. - “We did a good job on the quarterback,” Tiger linebacker Andrew Gachkar said, “but I guess we forgot about the running back. I don’t know.” Does this not register with you? Taylor is so dangerous that teams have to focus on him to stop him. After Taylor got hurt our offense wasn't the same.

Iowa State - Cody started, Nebraska won. - Burkhead won us that game as the QB. We still should have lost.

Kansas - Wouldn't matter who started, Kansas sucked. - Agreed and from this point on it was pretty obvious that Taylor wasn't healthy. He ended up hurting the team more than he helped, but I think the same would have gone for any of our other starting QBs. However, that is put on the coaches. Taylor was giving it everything he had.

Texas A&M - Taylor didn't produce before or after being injured. - Agreed

Colorado - Cody/Rex at quarterback, Nebraska won. - Agreed

Oklahoma - Taylor was the biggest reason Nebraska lost. Didn't make any plays. - Agreed

Washington - Who knows. - Agreed

Bottom Line: A healthy Taylor Martinez is the most explosive offensive player we have, a player that other teams have to game plan for. He was also a RS FRESHMAN!!! The last time I checked RS Freshman have another 3 years to play, another 3 years to develop. He's far from a finished product, but his first year was a pretty damn good launching point.

• Fire 1

Taylor is still our guy. If he stayed healthy this year, I trust that things would have been different. It's awful tough to get back into the swing of things when you've been on the DL for a few weeks. Starling has done nothing that leads me to believe he will be in competition for the starting job in Lincoln next year. Cody still can't hold onto the ball, and in my opinion hasn't developed the athletic skill set that a starting QB at NU requires. My guess: Starling signs on to play baseball, Taylor stays in Lincoln and is our #1 in 2011.

It's easy to run your mouth if you never plan on stepping on the field to back it up. If he's going to say something like that, he damn well better come here and try to prove it. If not, his cockiness is actually cowardice.

I have been saying this all along, in fact put it on the front with "status" remarks about Bubba. Pretty easy to issue challenging statements when HE and EVERYONE else knows that he will "probably" NEVER step foot on campus. Like I said, I could say that I could beat Suh in an arm wrestling contest. Pretty sure that he will never get a chance to prove me wrong.

Hoping he shows up to TRY to put his money where his mouth is... let's see it first, before I start drinking kool aid.

** Right now... Brion Carnes, Jamal Turner, Bubba Starling are NOTHING except message board super heroes !!!! Let me see it on the field !!! If they show up, beat out the QB's that we have, then FANTASTIC... I will be their number 1 fan, but until they actually show me something in COLLEGE, I am not buying it.