Starling is a cheeky dude

zoogs

I have to agree with Kapplc, I have seen nothing, stats or on field actions/results that would lead me to think Cody was ahead of Taylor.

Taylor was mentioned yesterday on Bill King's show. That he had tremendous talent, but was being wasted by the offense. Questions about him for sure, but his early season results when well were quite impressive.

I am tired of the new guy is always better, that we see year after year. It is just not going to happen unless a coach makes it happen.

I truly believe Lee was a better option this year, but he never got the opportunity and then when he did he was injured.

Sometime or another we have to start supporting our players, not wishing for the next one to step up.

I have to agree with Kapplc, I have seen nothing, stats or on field actions/results that would lead me to think Cody was ahead of Taylor.

Taylor was mentioned yesterday on Bill King's show. That he had tremendous talent, but was being wasted by the offense. Questions about him for sure, but his early season results when well were quite impressive.

I am tired of the new guy is always better, that we see year after year. It is just not going to happen unless a coach makes it happen.

I truly believe Lee was a better option this year, but he never got the opportunity and then when he did he was injured.

Sometime or another we have to start supporting our players, not wishing for the next one to step up.

Totally agree, but truthfully I'm not sure either has separated themselves as of now. TM did early in the year with his feet, but once injuries hurt him, and personally what I don't think we talk about enough, is teams figured him out and learned how to defend him. So, until Taylor can pass better so defenses can't scheme him and Cody gets better at running and tweaking his passing, I would say they are about even right now.

I'm betting on another QB stepping up a few games into the season next year to take over, whether Carnes, Turner, or Starling(fingers crossed).

He should have been a situational/Wildcat QB a la Tim Tebow, as well as taking Marlowe's place on those jet sweeps. A guy you get on the field 20 snaps a game and find a way to put the ball in his hands for 12-15 of them.

Right, because all those records he nearly set were worthless.

The ONLY thing preventing Taylor from rewriting the record books was a high ankle sprain. This revisionist history needs to stop.

Exactly this. What a difference an injury makes. Before the injury the kid was the savior of Nebraska football, after the injury he's no longer fit to be a starter.

Taylor has the talent, but it's raw. Let the kid develop people.

I also forgot that breaking records wins football games. WHO CARES about records. Taylor could have ran for 5000 yards in the first 6 games and it mean nothing with the record we ended with. They were essentially worthless. If we go undefeated they are worthless. Fact is he can't pass, read a defense, etc. The fact that he is being compared to what tebow was his freshmen year is comical. We are one dimensional to our death. Can you blame a QUARTERBACK recruit for having more confidence in moving the ball than,Taylor. Yes and no. But unless Taylor goes lightyears this off-season we are going to be SOL again.

No, it isn't a fact he can't pass. In fact, he can pass. He was throwing fine up until he injured the ankle of the foot he throws off of. Remember the Okie Light game? Or the Texas game? He was throwing just fine, his receivers just couldn't catch a cold.

In the end, he's was a freshman. Do we give up on him because he struggled when he shouldn't have even been playing? I say nay. Let him grow, he has 3 years left.

+1. There haven't been many freshman QBs who performed better. Ever. And the guy was injured for a third of the season.

ok yea to t-mart has fast acceleration right? well bubba played in the under 18 world baseball tournament last summer and had the fastest time ever recorded from the plate to first base, it wouldnt be a stretch at all to say he has even acceleration then t-mart. he has the height to be a prototypical height to be an nfl prospect at qb. and he has thrown for over 300 yards in multiple games at gardner. and his coach said that he cant throw but i no a guy who is friends with bubbas dad and coach deiner is not happy with bubba because he got hurt in the playoffs and gardner lost. i am not saying that i am condoning what bubba said but he honestly has the physical tools right now to come in and maybe out perform what t-mart did. i don't think he will come in and play right away he isnt heavy enough he needs to pack on the pounds, but this kid could be just what nebraska needs. he isnt scared to come in and demand the respect in the huddle, and communicate with his teamates, cuz this kid wont give the impression that he is above the team like t-mart and his dad have

I actually really like Cody's pocket presence and his technique seems decent...but if ya can't make the throws...you're not playin...

That's exactly what I've been saying.

Cody may have "all the tools you look for", or "the intangibles", or whatever you want to call it, but he doesn't have the accuracy to be a consistent quarterback... at least not yet.

ok yea to t-mart has fast acceleration right? well bubba played in the under 18 world baseball tournament last summer and had the fastest time ever recorded from the plate to first base, it wouldnt be a stretch at all to say he has even acceleration then t-mart. he has the height to be a prototypical height to be an nfl prospect at qb. and he has thrown for over 300 yards in multiple games at gardner. and his coach said that he cant throw but i no a guy who is friends with bubbas dad and coach deiner is not happy with bubba because he got hurt in the playoffs and gardner lost. i am not saying that i am condoning what bubba said but he honestly has the physical tools right now to come in and maybe out perform what t-mart did. i don't think he will come in and play right away he isnt heavy enough he needs to pack on the pounds, but this kid could be just what nebraska needs. he isnt scared to come in and demand the respect in the huddle, and communicate with his teamates, cuz this kid wont give the impression that he is above the team like t-mart and his dad have

He reminds me of a young version of dare I say his name...only because I recently moved from Florida and really got tired of hearing him in the news...Tim Tebow. Ok I said it! But seriously, the kid reminds of him the way he plays, runs, throws, his toughness and how he speaks to the media. Grant it, I have only seen video of from the pay sites but I sure like what I see! The only kicker is the baseball deal. I would be really shocked if he turned down a baseball career but ya never know with these young kids. They change their minds on a daily basis. Here's hoping to Bubba coming to Nebraska...........

Not true. not once. His best game was 211 yards as a junior.