Starling is a cheeky dude

zoogs

They have to "simplify" the Senior Bowl offense for him.

Sound familiar? Let's not get our hopes up. Starling is just as much of a liability as Martinez until he learns how to go through at least one progression on a passing play. Or at least be able to see a wide open receiver and then be able to throw the ball within 5 feet of him. The way QB play at NU has gone, I'm not expecting much until his 3rd or 4th year no matter how much raw talent this guy comes in with.

Sound familiar? Let's not get our hopes up. Starling is just as much of a liability as Martinez until he learns how to go through at least one progression on a passing play. Or at least be able to see a wide open receiver and then be able to throw the ball within 5 feet of him. The way QB play at NU has gone, I'm not expecting much until his 3rd or 4th year no matter how much raw talent this guy comes in with.

It might even help if our wrs could catch the ball too.

Until he actually arrives on campus, and then decides that he'd rather spend winter and spring working on his QB chops as opposed to spending it in batting practice and on the pitcher's mound, I'm not going to expect anything at all.

I mean, when was the last time a division 1 QB also played baseball in the spring and still managed to be a great QB?

its funny how when martinez says stuff like this he gets slammed for being cocky, but when recruits say it they're confident

I'd say there are a few reasons for that:

1. Martinez wasn't a highly rated quarterback recruit, let alone surefire first rounder in the MLB draft like Starling is.

2. Martinez has shown no ability to be a competent leader so cockiness is just that; cockiness.

3. Taylor really hasn't done anything at Nebraska to deserve to be cocky.

Not saying those are good reasons, but they're reasons, dammit!

So beating a QB rushing record this year doesn't count for anything?

http://www.cornnation.com/2010/10/7/1737938/nebraska-rolls-kansas-state-48-13-while-taylor-martinez-breaks-school

I would rather have a player that is confident in the way he plays, more so than how he talks the talk. I always love the players that are awesome athletes, are humble, and quiet about themselves, and lead by what they put out on the field. I hope Starling comes here, I also hope that he can be confident without a ton of talk. Play for your teammates with all your heart, build them up, don't tear em down. Theres enough people in the world trying to tear each other down already.

He's in the mix as a top pitching prospect for the MLB 2011 draft.

http://www.mlbbonusbaby.com/2010/6/28/1541924/andys-first-2011-top-50#storyjump

Is he really gonna turn down millions ?

If he does that would be a dream come true.

Really!? 29th on this list...and the 12th HS player...I thought he was higher then that even. Maybe there is a chance he comes here!!!

I think it was Baseball Prospectus that had him as their #1.

@Joe_5700

Considering Taylor set that record against awful defenses and wasn't able to produce at all against good defenses, no, I don't think he deserves to be cocky. This is compounded by the fact that early in the season Taylor said something along the lines of, "I've always known I'm a good passer." I think we all know how good of a passer Taylor really was this year. No reason to be cocky.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

Did he not beat Oklahoma State, Missouri, both highly ranked teams. AS A FREAKEN FRESHMAN!!!!!

Is he not a Freshman All American, when was the last time we had one of those????

Is he really cocky or quiet? Some (his high school coaches) would argue he is introverted.

I think he gave us all he had this year, to some that was not enough, but he was not helped much by the Oline. Play calling when he was injured was a joke to say the least. Making him or allowing him to play when he was not 100% or even close to it was questionable.

I think it is time to get off his back and thank him for the effort he gave. Without him we would not have seen a 10-4 season.

• Fire 2