Don't Forget To Watch!

BIG ERN

Ehhh Turner just had a big drop on 3rd down.... definitely not something Husker fans want to see

Why not? He's most likely going to play QB. Give him a break, it's his first game at WR. I wouldn't put much stock in this outing.

I only said that because of all the dropped balls we witnessed this year by our WR's. Sorry for the confusion

I guess my point is we tear these guys down once they get here because they aren't pinpoint passers. When Cody Green was recruited, all the analysts said he was extremely raw as a passer because he missed one year of high school football to injury. Martinez was recruited as an athlete not as a QB. Turner is recruited as an athlete. Yet, everyone expects these guys to be great passers when in reality they never have been.

I guess my point is we tear these guys down once they get here because they aren't pinpoint passers. When Cody Green was recruited, all the analysts said he was extremely raw as a passer because he missed one year of high school football to injury. Martinez was recruited as an athlete not as a QB. Turner is recruited as an athlete. Yet, everyone expects these guys to be great passers when in reality they never have been.

I will have to agree with you here. We need to get more of a pass first guy, that can also run. B. Miller the Ohio State recruit really looked good, so did the dual threat QB going to OU. I also think (hope) that one of these dual threats of Pelinis will eventually be able to throw with some accuracy. Its seems we can only get the "project" passers that are great athletes,just need some time developing in the passing game. Problem is us Husker fans are not patient.

Turner returned a punt and showed some athletic flash, something we are missing on the offense. Hes going to be a contributer one way or another.

You make a good point, but obviously we are recruiting dual-threat QB's. Only about 2 dual-threat QB's a year are actually 100% considered QB's. When you have the ability to run people consider you an athlete as well. Cody Green was raw but he threw 36 td's to 5 int's his senior year. You can't do better than that. Kids like Newton, Vince Young, and Pryor don't come around very often.