Bo under attack again by the press

A man is only as good as his word. We all need to remember that.

I think a mistake was made, forgetting to do it was fine, calling it a joke was not the appropriate answer. Again a Coach that is not polished enough with the press looking for news. My guess his answer would have been different if he had thought about it more. Tough loss for Bo and I am sure his thoughts were not on the play or the young man.

I really do not think Bo understands how important or powerful he is. He does not seem to realize that the whole fan base moves on his words and thoughts. Being the head Coach at Nebraska brings more responsibilities than just winning football games. He is a young firey coach that still needs guidance. Coach Osborne will get him there.

Screw that kid. I served in the Navy and never expected anything extra. wha wha wha i got a jersey and met Bo and was on the field, but they didn't let me call my play whaaa wha wha wha wha.. If Bo actually came to my old ship. GAVE me a jersey. and let me be on the field for the game?! I wouldn't be able to contain myself!! That would be one of best times in my life!! I definitely wouldn't whine about how they didn't let me call a play to some reporter. What a dumbass.

Don't know what is up with this story, but 'under attack' is right. I don't get it.

At first I was reading and thought, wow, that is a low blow from Pelini. And it is, if that's what he promised.

But the article gets more and more absurdly melodramatic. An extremely poor attempt by the author...not even sure what she was trying to go for. It's usually not a good idea for reporters to write with emotion. I have a feeling she got more caught up in the outrage - substantially more - than even the sailor's disappointment.

Agreed. This article was definitely written out of rage and hatred. This is why I hate reporters.

Screw that kid. I served in the Navy and never expected anything extra. wha wha wha i got a jersey and met Bo and was on the field, but they didn't let me call my play whaaa wha wha wha wha.. If Bo actually came to my old ship. GAVE me a jersey. and let me be on the field for the game?! I wouldn't be able to contain myself!! That would be one of best times in my life!! I definitely wouldn't whine about how they didn't let me call a play to some reporter. What a dumbass.

Check the article. The kid didn't make a big deal at all. He understood. Although, after being told he could do something then being told it was a ll a joke, I could understand if he was frustrated...but this kid was completely professional about the whole thing.

So Bo forgot to have the kid call a play, and he's supposed to be fired over this?

:facepalm:

Probably more that he told said it was a joke and he never meant it...

Either someone should have told the kid, or he should have never said it. All he had to say was the game was close and every play counted, so he couldn't follow through. Simple fix, but this reporter is acting like Bo broke into his house and b*tchslapped his sister.

Eh, while I realize a big play could have maybe changed things the game wasn't all that close. It just looks to me like a mountain is being made of a molehill. Bo shouldn't have said it was just a joke. I'm sure his answer would have been different had he been given a couple hours to reflect after the game.

This has WAY more to do with Bo's lack of respect for the press (and far too often, they give him no reason to respect them) than it has to do with this kid.

I'm sorry, but this was something the guy should (and does, apparently) understand. His team played like dog ass and got beat by a four-touchdown underdog, in one of the worst performances they've put forth in years. The sailor knew what was up and he didn't approach Bo with his play. He's cool. It was the reporter, digging for a story where there was none, who is making an issue out of this.

And mad props to the sheeple commenting on the article. Classic stuff - "Bo has no class," "Bo should be fired," "Bo screwed this kid," blah blah blah. It's amazing that people have such little capacity for critical thought. Although, to be fair, if everyone had the capacity to think critically, FOX would have no viewers. So it goes.

This has WAY more to do with Bo's lack of respect for the press (and far too often, they give him no reason to respect them) than it has to do with this kid.

I'm sorry, but this was something the guy should (and does, apparently) understand. His team played like dog ass and got beat by a four-touchdown underdog, in one of the worst performances they've put forth in years. The sailor knew what was up and he didn't approach Bo with his play. He's cool. It was the reporter, digging for a story where there was none, who is making an issue out of this.

And mad props to the sheeple commenting on the article. Classic stuff - "Bo has no class," "Bo should be fired," "Bo screwed this kid," blah blah blah. It's amazing that people have such little capacity for critical thought. Although, to be fair, if everyone had the capacity to think critically, FOX would have no viewers. So it goes.

Zing!

I don't get what happened though. Did Bo forget? Was it really a joke? The heck? Just odd.

Lisa was offended that Bo didn't answer her question the way she wanted him to, so she decided to round up the White Knight Brigade to make herself feel better. Judging from all the stupid comments from the Oklahoma, Texas, etc. fans who hate the Huskers and couldn't care less about the contents of the article aside from the fact that it attempts to cast Bo in a bad light, she succeeded.