Recruiting not going good

Well, things are not looking good, especially recruiting on the defensive side of the ball and WR.

Looks like Lyons, Peat, Heyward, Lake are all going somewhere else, Mitchel already gone. Onawasur is still taking trips and haven't heard much on any other WR's.

Now the WR's I understand since we haven't seen a QB who could hit anything plus too worried about running the QB.

But, the defense is mind blowing. Especially D-lineman and D-backs. You would think they'd be lined up.

Do you think the scheme is becoming a problem? It's well known we expect our D-lineman to play 2 gaps most of the time which means D-lineman don't get to rush the QB and make a push to the backfield very often.

Now this does work well against the spread teams, but I would still like to see the coaches cut loose and blitz more often and allow D-lineman to go after the QB. I'm worried kids see this and realize they are not going to get the stats they want because they are not cut loose. Anyone else think this could be a problem with recruiting D-lineman??

Patrick O. still hold Nebraska near the top of his list. Lyons, and Peat have basically been Stanford leans since day one. Lake seems to have wanted to stay on the west coast, along with all the other west coast kids. We still have a great class, do not fear!

Plenty of reason to be concerned IMO.

Rather than gathering up momentum heading into the final push - where we have several spots left - we seem to be teetering on the edge of a cliff, just hopeful to try to keep this class together.

How just 2-4 guys decide can change everything.

we have a top corner....CJ

DT Kevin Williams...very under rated

Top running back..AG

2 of the top 10 dual threat QB's

One of the top OL in the country(some say THE top) Tyler Moore

Best OL recruiting class weve had in a long time

# 13 class according to Rivals with only 16 recruits

Some spots like LB and WR are a little concerning, but i think we are alright.

166665_1566522678084_1085936830_31257639_442664_n.jpg

• Fire 1

You guys make me laugh. Yes, we lost a couple quality guys...mainly a dang good CB and a kicker. However, this class is a great position to be one of the best we've had in a long time.

We are almost guaranteed to get a rather high profile (in terms of skill, not offers at this point) JUCO DE in Joseph Carter- who will see playing time early on. His coach just sent out another round of film and both Auburn and Rutgers have already begun their pursuit.

You asked why were aren't getting a bunch of DL and DB recruits? Did you ever think it could be b/c we took 6 DL (4 DEs and 2 DT) and 4 (possibly 5 with a position switch) DBs last year.

Just relax...we may miss on a couple guys but the world isn't over because we didn't get Lyons, Peat, Mitchell, or Koa Ka'ai.

It's obvious the staff concentrated on offense this year and they've done a hell of a job. Two great QBs, 6 high potential OL, and a stud RB. We might only take 2 WRs and we have two already (Allen and Davie).

• Fire 1

I'm totally happy with offense, except the WR position of course. I know we are still in on a few good possibilities at WR so not totally worried there.

But I'm definitely worried about some Defensive spots. Just thought with what we did with our D over the last 3 years defensive recruits would be lining up, and we may actually get to pick from them instead of really having to talk them into coming here.

Just somewhat concerned and wondering what others are thinking if possible defensive schemes, moving to Big 10, or etc may be cause.

Thanks to everyone who gave good and welcome feedback, but I think it's pretty obvious by now I'm not a troll and take offense to that post :steam

our class is fine. i think people are getting too antsy over the bowl results and the fact that two recruits were lost due to factors beyond our control (both involving changes to their parents employment). both were key losses, but let's not start throwing a fit. we've still got lots of talent coming in and plenty of time to collect a few more. the juco DE is the biggest realistic target at this point in my mind. we could really use some help there next year.

You guys make me laugh. Yes, we lost a couple quality guys...mainly a dang good CB and a kicker. However, this class is a great position to be one of the best we've had in a long time.

We are almost guaranteed to get a rather high profile (in terms of skill, not offers at this point) JUCO DE in Joseph Carter- who will see playing time early on. His coach just sent out another round of film and both Auburn and Rutgers have already begun their pursuit.

You asked why were aren't getting a bunch of DL and DB recruits? Did you ever think it could be b/c we took 6 DL (4 DEs and 2 DT) and 4 (possibly 5 with a position switch) DBs last year.

Just relax...we may miss on a couple guys but the world isn't over because we didn't get Lyons, Peat, Mitchell, or Koa Ka'ai.

It's obvious the staff concentrated on offense this year and they've done a hell of a job. Two great QBs, 6 high potential OL, and a stud RB. We might only take 2 WRs and we have two already (Allen and Davie).

+1 again Skers is the calm voice of reason. What a lot of people are missing too in my eyes, the fact that we were even a part of the discussion with the Peats and Lyons of the world. A couple years ago players like this were just a pipedream. In most of these cases we were the blacksheep of the finalists of these guys, you know the one school that just didn't have much in common with the others.

Also a lot of people need to realize that next year the DL prospects are amazing. The state of Ohio ALONE could very well be a who's who. And as you skers said DL was not a high priority position of need.

There will be another mini rush of commits in January as usual. They may be kids that leave many of us scratching our heads, but how many of us were puffing our chests when Eric Hagg, Alphonzo, or Gomes committed? Exactly, all will be good.

+1 again Skers is the calm voice of reason. What a lot of people are missing too in my eyes, the fact that we were even a part of the discussion with the Peats and Lyons of the world. A couple years ago players like this were just a pipedream. In most of these cases we were the blacksheep of the finalists of these guys, you know the one school that just didn't have much in common with the others.

Also a lot of people need to realize that next year the DL prospects are amazing. The state of Ohio ALONE could very well be a who's who. And as you skers said DL was not a high priority position of need.

There will be another mini rush of commits in January as usual. They may be kids that leave many of us scratching our heads, but how many of us were puffing our chests when Eric Hagg, Alphonzo, or Gomes committed? Exactly, all will be good.

Me! :koolaid2:

I'm totally happy with offense, except the WR position of course. I know we are still in on a few good possibilities at WR so not totally worried there.

But I'm definitely worried about some Defensive spots. Just thought with what we did with our D over the last 3 years defensive recruits would be lining up, and we may actually get to pick from them instead of really having to talk them into coming here.

Just somewhat concerned and wondering what others are thinking if possible defensive schemes, moving to Big 10, or etc may be cause.

Thanks to everyone who gave good and welcome feedback, but I think it's pretty obvious by now I'm not a troll and take offense to that post :steam

Interesting second post ... your title was "Recruiting not going good". That would be my guess about the "troll" comment.

The reality is we are "limping" into the final push on recruiting. I think it's pretty well understood we have a solid class thus far ... we just need to get to the train station with what we got and hopefully Bo & company can find a few diamonds in the rough ... cause what we did on the field certainly took us off the radar of most recruits that would consider us ... that's my opinion. I would add ... all the rumors our fan base feed on as well sure don't speak toward "consistency" in our coaching ranks.

SheepdogMark