J. Crick

How exactly is the "potential" lockout impacting this years players? They'll still get that MASSIVE guarentee. The only thing I see it affecting is if they have to sit out a year and can't aclimate into the NFL as well the following year after so much time off. I kind of thought one of the major things the owners were pushing for was a reduction in rookie pay. If that's the case it would be better to get out this year than next when whatever compromise they make is in place. ? I don't follow the NFL that closely so I'm just curious why everyone always mentions the CBA when talking about juniors leaving early.

He had such a quiet season. So many of the questions like "can he do it without Suh at his side?" went unanswered. 70 tackles, 17 TFLs, 9.5 sacks. Very solid season - but when you look at the fact that David had 152 tackles and Gomes had 99 it makes you realize how many runners were getting past the line of scrimage.

Well these "quiet" stats, 32 tackles, 6 sacks, 15.5 TFL, two pass breakups, and one fumble recovery were loud enough to get 63 million over five years and the third pick in the draft. Gerald McCoy put those numbers up in the same defensive system of taking up blockers to free up LBs.

guys guys breaking down how players will translate to the next level doesn't have that much to do with production especially on defense. its all about judging your potential based a combination of height/weight/40 time etc etc. Im not saying performance on the field doesnt count, clearly it does, but look at someone like graham harrell from texas tech. threw for 8 million yards over his career and nobody has heard of him since. Just dont get too hung up on stats

My reply had nothing to with saying Crick's numbers vs McCoy's is a direct relation to how he'd be drafted. It is more to do with the quiet year. Any defensive lineman in the country would drool for a stat line like Crick had this year. The quiet year idea probably has more to with people's perception of him being Suh the Sequel like knapplc said. It's really funny how his stock and people's opinion of him has dropped this year though, when he put up almost mirror image stats that had scouts salivating.

My reply had nothing to with saying Crick's numbers vs McCoy's is a direct relation to how he'd be drafted. It is more to do with the quiet year. Any defensive lineman in the country would drool for a stat line like Crick had this year. The quiet year idea probably has more to with people's perception of him being Suh the Sequel like knapplc said. It's really funny how his stock and people's opinion of him has dropped this year though, when he put up almost mirror image stats that had scouts salivating.

...and without the Suhnami next to him. :bonesflag:

I really don't see him worse than late second. Nick Fairley will be the top D tackle, after him, Paea, Casey, Nevis, Powe, and Austin would all go before him for sure. In last year's draft, 10 D tackles went in the first two rounds, and he's definitely in the top 10 of DTs. I'm no Mel Kiper, but I think he could fit at end in a 3-4 also, which would help his stock a little.

He had such a quiet season. So many of the questions like "can he do it without Suh at his side?" went unanswered. 70 tackles, 17 TFLs, 9.5 sacks. Very solid season - but when you look at the fact that David had 152 tackles and Gomes had 99 it makes you realize how many runners were getting past the line of scrimage.

That doesn't really tell the whole story, though. If I'm not mistaken, Terrell Farley led the team in tackles in 1995 and we had one of the best rushing defenses in the country that year. Pretty sure we held opponents to under 100 yards rushing a game that year.

Plus, our defense is designed for the linemen to allow our backers to come up and make tackles. Suh was such a beast, however, that he was able to dominate despite what his role in the defense was supposed to be.