Norm Chow for OC?

UCLA ranked 116th in passing yards, With Only 81yds vs. Stanford. Not the direction we want to go in. In fact find the exact opposite of Chow, bingo !

NE was at 109th. UCLA definately had a crappy offense this year, but at least Chow wouldn't lose to himself 2-3 times a season. Standford wasn't exactly a bad team this year, and UCLA was trying to find a QB still. They weren't a passing team at all this year. They only had 8 attempts against Texas and still hung 34 on them.

Didn't he head to Nevada and attempt to implement the pistol at UCLA this year? Or was that Cal? Anyways - it's slightly understandable if their offensive production was down w/ a young QB in a new system, and Best now gone. We seem to implement a new system, new QB every year and look where that leaves our offense - we of all people should be tolerant of change.

I wouldn't write off Chow - at least he was able to be Texas.

You're confusing teams. Yes, Chow did implement the Pistol offense at UCLA at Neuheisel's behest. But UCLA did not start a freshman QB; they started a vet, Kevin Prince. And Jahvid Best was the RB at Cal.

The lack of success at UCLA on offense is due to the exact same problem we have: You have an OC (Chow) schooled in one offense (Pro Style) teaching the team to run another (Pistol). Except that in our case, it's Watson schooled in the West Coast Offense teaching the team to run the spread option. Either way, do not attempt.

Chow would be a GREAT fit, except that he runs the wrong offense, has no ties to NU, Osborne or Pelini, and is on the cusp of retirement (or at least he's the oldest OC in college football). Except for those things he would be a great fit.

Here are 99 other guys who would be a great fit also: LINK

Chow would be a GREAT fit, except that he runs the wrong offense, has no ties to NU, Osborne or Pelini, and is on the cusp of retirement (or at least he's the oldest OC in college football). Except for those things he would be a great fit.

This.

Oh, and he has always been about as mediocre as Watgrove. Thanks but no thanks.

I'd rather see Scott Frost, Tim Beck, or Barney calling plays.

This.

Barney? Hmmm... I don't know, never been a fan of Barney, of course who knows what he could do given the opportunity.

Seriously, do people on here get off on coming up with these rediculous threads?

"So and so just got let go from BFU, would he come here? Thoughts?"

There is nothing to base any of that on. It's just made up because all of a sudden someone doesn't have a job. It's the same crap over and over.....

Yes. Yes they do.

This.

Barney? Hmmm... I don't know, never been a fan of Barney, of course who knows what he could do given the opportunity.

Me neither, but Barney would be a better fit with what Bo wants this offense to do than what Chow and his offense does.

This.

Me neither, but Barney would be a better fit with what Bo wants this offense to do than what Chow and his offense does.

agreed. He was the OC in 03 right? And OC at ISU? I know he has experience, and he should know the offense as good as anyone, but his lines have underperformed in this offense anyway. So far sounds like this staff may get another crack at it, so hopefully they mend what is broken.

Barney = Terrible

2003 Offense

24.8 PPG

345 YPG

235.6 RYPG

109.3 PYPG

2009 Offense

25.1 PPG

322.8 YPG

147.1 RYPG

175.7 PYPG

2010 Offense

30.9 PPG

398.1 YPG

247.6 RYPG

150.6 PYPG

Scott Frost to a lot of board members = :wub::leghump:

Never knew his stats for 03, but does not surprise me.

norm chow and my mom were friends and graduated in '64 together... so i've met him a few times here and there... pretty cool old guy... who i guess was a major geek (along with my mom) in high school..... but he is totally a west coast guy.. where he feels comfortable and feels like he can recruit best... if anything i see him moving to another level of football, coming back to hawaii to go to UH, or perhaps even if something came up head to SEC country is worst came to worst... 200 percent he dont come here... dont think it would a good match

Now word on the street is Watson to LSU. :laughpound

Statistically speaking Watson would be a step up for LSU.

LSU

24.8 PPG

304.5 YPG

122.8 RYPG

181.8 PYPG

29.7 PPG

341.3 YPG

185.7 RYPG

155.6 PYPG

If people thought the NU offense under Watson was bad the last couple years take a look at the Bruins offense with Norm Chow this year.

UCLA

20.2 PPG

316.7 YPG

175.6 RYPG

141.1 PYPG

Norm Chow didn't stand a chance at UCLA. You can't take a high profile OC and expect him to have any success when he's an assistant under an offensive HC. It would be like Pelini hiring Bud Foster as DC. It would never work. We don't have the the right players for Chow to succeed here at Nebraska. I have a feeling with Chow running the offense, we'd see 2004 all over again.