Big Surprise???

It is like BigWillie said. "Ooh, look at me. I know something. Bow down on your knees and eat out of my hand while I tell you more." I will never understand why people actually aspire to be the next I Bleed Red. There is no point in feeding it, guys.

And yogurt, that's a lid on the name-calling. Read the rules.

As I said before, Rivals pulled the B.S Taylor Martinez email threads too. They just like doing that stuff.

• Fire 1

It's coaching changes but they won't be announced until Wednesday becuase of signing day and it's pretty obivous that it would hurt the program if it got out. Two are being dismissed and if you think about it you can figure out who they are.

:clap

Well done, sir. You actually came out and made a statement and didn't just throw out some vague drivel. Right or not, it is nice that someone actually said something solid. Guess we'll see come Wednesday whether you speak the truth. Still, either way, I like that I don't need a freaking decoder ring to understand what you're saying.

The only two guys it makes sense to fire are Cotton and Gilmore. I know many pine for Watson to be gone as well, but firing the offensive coordinator would gut our offense and then we'd have to go find a new one who can run the spread Bo wants, and then he might want to bring in his own assistants.

Although Bo is loyal to a fault to his coaching staff (minus Ek, who was basically his whipping boy), I think if the TO or other higher ups convinced him changes had to be made, he'd be willing to cut Barney and Gilmore loose. Those two positions clearly haven't reached their full potential yet, and filling those positions would require a ton less effort than the OC position. It'd basically set Wats up to have one more chance to prove himself in 2011 as well, perhaps allowing him to bring in his choice of OL and WR coaches as well.

Ok... IF anything happens with coaching changes, wouldn't that basically destroy our rep as being straight forward and honest with recruits? Seems like a pretty cheap thing to do, but maybe it's commonplace, I don't follow recruiting closely enough...

IMAGINING for the moment that this is true, it wouldn't, because recruits won't hear such announcements from the news the way fans do. Recruits will get the story from the coaches while the fans are completely clueless as to anything going on.

Again IMAGINING, the reason you might want to wait until Signing Day to make things public is simple: to give all recruits the chance to hear it from official channels, before everyone and their mother on the internet start speculating about it and spreading rumor and false information. If another school can find anyway to paint our program as one in the midst of change or shakeup, they will use it. All things equal, it can change a recruit's mind. Sure you might argue it's ludicrous, but I'd argue it's arguable. And all it takes is changing one kid's mind, from the efforts of a coordinated bunch of men who are just good at this type of smear job type stuff.

Ok... IF anything happens with coaching changes, wouldn't that basically destroy our rep as being straight forward and honest with recruits? Seems like a pretty cheap thing to do, but maybe it's commonplace, I don't follow recruiting closely enough...

IMAGINING for the moment that this is true, it wouldn't, because recruits won't hear such announcements from the news the way fans do. Recruits will get the story from the coaches while the fans are completely clueless as to anything going on.

Again IMAGINING, the reason you might want to wait until Signing Day to make things public is simple: to give all recruits the chance to hear it from official channels, before everyone and their mother on the internet start speculating about it and spreading rumor and false information. If another school can find anyway to paint our program as one in the midst of change or shakeup, they will use it. All things equal, it can change a recruit's mind. Sure you might argue it's ludicrous, but I'd argue it's arguable. And all it takes is changing one kid's mind, from the efforts of a coordinated bunch of men who are just good at this type of smear job type stuff.

I can see that. I was assuming that the main motive for waiting until signing day or after to announce was to keep it secret from the recruits so that they signed their letter of intent before they knew that their favorite coach was getting fired. But if we're being honest with recruits and just trying to keep it away from the media or other programs or whatever, than I wouldn't have a problem with it.