Big Surprise???

SOME guys always know what they're talking about. Some guys are full of hot air. You never know who's who, though, and the hot air guys from the past have largely spoiled it for the guys who do know these days. So it goes.

It isn't about this at all. I can't stress enough how it isn't about being right or wrong.

It's about some fans who got wind of a shakeup going on with certain position(s) on the coaching staff, and decided, with incomplete and/or misinformation, to spread rumor and speculation all over the internet just before signing day.

If they're right - congratulations. Hopes it boosts their ego. And :facepalm:. Hope Mack Brown sends them the check they deserve, regardless of the result.

SOME guys always know what they're talking about. Some guys are full of hot air. You never know who's who, though, and the hot air guys from the past have largely spoiled it for the guys who do know these days. So it goes.

It isn't about this at all. I can't stress enough how it isn't about being right or wrong.

It's about some fans who got wind of a shakeup going on with certain position(s) on the coaching staff, and decided, with incomplete and/or misinformation, to spread rumor and speculation all over the internet just before signing day.

If they're right - congratulations. Hopes it boosts their ego. And :facepalm:. Hope Mack Brown sends them the check they deserve, regardless of the result.

It's about the whole culture of "inside information" these days. Someone knows someone from the team, or the staff, or whatever, and they can't wait to get their egos boosted by posting it online. It's not a matter of "this came out just before Signing Day," it's a matter of this came out at all. People need to realize that it is not their place to divulge secrets about the program. Unfortunately, there will always be someone seeking internet fame, and we'll always have "insiders."

Leaking info about the program today, tomorrow, two months from now is all damaging. It all puts the program in a bad light.

I agree with that, knapp. Some info - such as opinions on how players are doing on the depth chart - is different from other stuff. But it isn't just about the timing here.

Some info is sensitive, to the point where it should be pretty explicit and clear that it isn't to be spread around. I don't think people realize sometimes when they are doing just that though, by posting it all over the internet. Information can be hard to contain, and IMO it always starts with people figuring it's not a big deal to say something. Then all of a sudden anyone who's been talking to anyone knows what's up.

Just to clarify, I was agreeing with you, and then adding that there is some information that I don't consider "damaging leaks." For example, when you hear about Kenny Bell or Brion Carnes or Taylor Martinez (last year) tearing it up on the scout team. But on the culture of 'inside information', I agree. Too many chest thumpers.

Gotcha. I'd agree with that, but then the problem becomes, is the person with the info discerning enough to know what they should leak and what they shouldn't? Often the answer is no, which causes problems (or has the potential to cause problems). Then we have situations like today, and it's another PR mess.

The easiest way to fix these leaks is for Bo to become a highway of information, not a roadblock. The man keeps WAY too much stuff secret (or tries to), and then he obfuscates the truth, or flat-out lies. Several times last season we were fed information that was not truthful, and nearly out-and-out lies. I do not like this from my Head Coach. As a fan, I think we expect better than to be lied to by the coach of the team we support.

Gotcha. I'd agree with that, but then the problem becomes, is the person with the info discerning enough to know what they should leak and what they shouldn't? Often the answer is no, which causes problems (or has the potential to cause problems). Then we have situations like today, and it's another PR mess.

The easiest way to fix these leaks is for Bo to become a highway of information, not a roadblock. The man keeps WAY too much stuff secret (or tries to), and then he obfuscates the truth, or flat-out lies. Several times last season we were fed information that was not truthful, and nearly out-and-out lies. I do not like this from my Head Coach. As a fan, I think we expect better than to be lied to by the coach of the team we support.

well, by now it should be painfully obvious Bo doesn't care what the fans or media think. he obviously feels justified in lying or avoiding the truth, like it or not, that is who he is.....his concern is selling the program and coaching the kids and closing the doors around his team and coaches........Dr. Tom would never do things this way, so by now we should know who is running the program.....Pelini has a strange way about him, we will have to, at the very least, tolerate this and learn to like it...this is the price of supporting a winning program under Pelini........the real question is, will winning overshadow his lack of integrity?...

fixed it.......

Please don't swear in the forums. That's what the Woodshed is for. knapplc