DE Jonathan Bullard [Florida Commit]

Nexus

Don't understand the gloom about this anouncement. Actually it isn't as cheery as some paint it. Jon had a final three about a month ago of Florida, Cockey, and NU. Now Tennessee and Clemson have joined the ruckus. Clemson I can see because of his pretty tight bond with Watkins, but Tenn is a little puzzling.

This recruitment has been more about the fact that JP has NU in this race more than the chances of him coming here. Take it to bed he will either be a Gamecock, to play with Clowney which he is excited about, or Florida, to join his HS teammate whom he is closer with than Watkins or Clemson, because they are the "flavor of the month" down in those parts for the national media(ok, they have been playing great ball this year) and his friendship with Watkins.

The fact that NU is still in consideration speaks volumes about JP(a fact that a couple of us on here have alluded to). If mom or dad would visit with him, it would help, but not a lot.

Wonder if Clemson will make it til he graduates... They're program is 'clean' and all :rolleyes:

Wanna know why kids come to Clemson? We can pitch things like this to their parents:

http://www.thestate....-in-sleepy.html

well according to guys like SJB guys go to clemson because they tell them they dont to go to class and they will take care of everything.......

so yeah i can see why a lot of guys go there....

:lame

Jean-Baptiste didn't earn the grades at Westlake Preparatory in Davie, Fla., to play college ball, so he spent 2008 at North Carolina Tech Prep. Florida State and Clemson coaches said they'd make an offer if he got his test scores up.

But he still didn't go to class.

"They told me I didn't have to go to class," he said. "I don't know what I was thinking. They said come play for us and we'll take care of everything. I should've known

something was wrong with that."

I assume you're speaking of this. Tell me, why would Clemson tell him not to go to class but wouldn't offer him a scholarship unless he got his grades up? That's saying they are worried about academics, but not worried about them all in the same sentence. Doesn't make sense. I'm calling BS.

By the way, Clemson turned down UNC WR Dwight Jones because he "wouldn't be academically successful." I doubt we'd tell a kid he doesn't have to worry about going to class.

I remember when CJ Spiller "should have won the Heisman" :wasted

I won't say that. But he deserved an invite for that season over Tebow.

That year was a wash. Suh should have won it. Gerhart and Spiller both had better arguments for their stake at the trophy than Ingram.

Wonder if Clemson will make it til he graduates... They're program is 'clean' and all :rolleyes:

Wanna know why kids come to Clemson? We can pitch things like this to their parents:

http://www.thestate....-in-sleepy.html

Cool article! For the record, I have been rooting for Clemson this year. They have a good football team, but I still hope we can grab Bullard and run.

Jean-Baptiste didn't earn the grades at Westlake Preparatory in Davie, Fla., to play college ball, so he spent 2008 at North Carolina Tech Prep. Florida State and Clemson coaches said they'd make an offer if he got his test scores up.

"They told me I didn't have to go to class," he said. "I don't know what I was thinking. They said come play for us and we'll take care of everything. I should've known

I assume you're speaking of this. Tell me, why would Clemson tell him not to go to class but wouldn't offer him a scholarship unless he got his grades up? That's saying they are worried about academics, but not worried about them all in the same sentence. Doesn't make sense. I'm calling BS.

By the way, Clemson turned down UNC WR Dwight Jones because he "wouldn't be academically successful." I doubt we'd tell a kid he doesn't have to worry about going to class.

Everyone is misreading his quote, the Prep school told him that. Or at least that is the way I read it because it doesn't make sense the other way.

Everyone is misreading his quote, the Prep school told him that. Or at least that is the way I read it because it doesn't make sense the other way.

That's actually the way I interpreted it, too. I just played the worst case scenario card.