Bo's new contract

*$100,000 for tying for the Legends Division title, without an appearance in the conference championship game (up $50,000).

*$200,000 for reaching the Big Ten championship game (up $50,000)

*$350,000 for winning the league championship game (up $100,000).

In addition, Pelini would receive $150,000 if Nebraska reaches any bowl game (up $50,000) or $250,000 if it's a BCS bowl, which is a bonus not part of his previous deal.

He would receive $350,000 if NU reaches the BCS championship game (up $200,000) or $650,000 if the Huskers win the BCS crown (up $400,000).

I hope we end up paying Bo every single one of those bonuses. :)

Me too I'd like to see Bo stay here until he retires

I will personally pay Bo in Trident Layers to assure he will be at Nebraska until he retires.

I'd lay in front of his driveway so he can't leave :lol:

If he does leave he is going to have one heack of a time with all the fans laying in his drive way plus we would take his car keys and bags and make sure he stays lol

• Fire 1

I will personally pay Bo in Trident Layers to assure he will be at Nebraska until he retires.

If he does leave he is going to have one heack of a time with all the fans laying in his drive way plus we would take his car keys and bags and make sure he stays lol

lol I like you're thinking

Yeah, if he gets those Bonuses, you guys will be able to afford them, and would happily pay them...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are a Kansas fan?

Just a hunch. The glittering signature kinda throws me off though.

Yeah, if he gets those Bonuses, you guys will be able to afford them, and would happily pay them...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are a Kansas fan?

Just a hunch. The glittering signature kinda throws me off though.

Being a KU football fan gave me lots of time in the old Big 8 to need another football team come bowl season. When you consider the tradition and fun of Nebraska football, and the fact that a rivalry never really developed because our Football has been traditionally bad and so has your basketball, I have always liked the Huskers. That said, when we would play you , I root for the Jayhawks. Now that we appear to be unlikely to play you much ever again, I guess that removes that conflict...

I love Bo and think he deserves all this, but he needs to win the big one. AKA conference chip. 5-7 record vs ranked opponents. I see this vastly improving between this year, the next, and throughout his career. Done a GREAT job in 3 years. We just need to get over the hump.

08' -

#4 Mizzou - L

#7 Texas Tech - L

#4 Oklahoma - L

09' -

#13 V Tech - L

#24 Mizzou - W

#20 Oklahoma - W

#3 Texas - L

#22 Arizona - W

10' - #17 Ok St. - W

#7 Mizzou - W

#18 Texas A&M - L

#10 Oklahoma - L

I love Bo and think he deserves all this, but he needs to win the big one. AKA conference chip. 5-7 record vs ranked opponents. I see this vastly improving between this year, the next, and throughout his career. Done a GREAT job in 3 years. We just need to get over the hump.

08' -

#4 Mizzou - L

#7 Texas Tech - L

#4 Oklahoma - L

09' -

#13 V Tech - L

#24 Mizzou - W

#20 Oklahoma - W

#3 Texas - L

#22 Arizona - W

10' - #17 Ok St. - W

#7 Mizzou - W

#18 Texas A&M - L

#10 Oklahoma - L

Yup a lot of those games we should've won but just didn't have what it took to hang onto the lead.

I am very happy for Bo to get this raise and it shows that the university is willing to pay to keep a good thing around.

However, i sill feel that this could have waited, I know Bo has done wonders for this team considering where we were when he got here, but we still havent seen him get over the hump as others have noted. Back to back confrence championships is great, but they were both very hard to watch(I love me some defensive battles, but the O didnt show for a game and a half).

He also hasnt been to a "big" bowl game and couldnt have his team up for the holiday bowl, i realize the situation of playing same bowl two years in a row and same team twice in one season(3 times within a year) but we should have won that game and that is on the head coach.

I am a huge Bo Pelini supporter, I just feel that these raises could have waited until at least an out right confrence championship.

08' -

#4 Mizzou - L

#7 Texas Tech - L

#4 Oklahoma - L

09' -

#13 V Tech - L

#24 Mizzou - W

#20 Oklahoma - W

#3 Texas - L

#22 Arizona - W

10' - #17 Ok St. - W

#7 Mizzou - W

#18 Texas A&M - L

#10 Oklahoma - L

Yup a lot of those games we should've won but just didn't have what it took to hang onto the lead.

Having an offense that scores more than 15 points will help. You can look at almost all of those games and say, if they offense just scored one or two touchdowns we would have won.

I'm hearing this rumor that Carl Pelini was banging a boosters wife. TO was going to fire him but Bo would quit if done so. Tom didn't want that so he asked Bo to straighten it out, soon after Bo got his raise.

Carl is actually D.B. Cooper. He lost his hair jumping out the plane and he needs the raise to buy propecia.

*$100,000 for tying for the Legends Division title, without an appearance in the conference championship game (up $50,000).

*$200,000 for reaching the Big Ten championship game (up $50,000)

*$350,000 for winning the league championship game (up $100,000).

In addition, Pelini would receive $150,000 if Nebraska reaches any bowl game (up $50,000) or $250,000 if it's a BCS bowl, which is a bonus not part of his previous deal.

He would receive $350,000 if NU reaches the BCS championship game (up $200,000) or $650,000 if the Huskers win the BCS crown (up $400,000).

I hope we end up paying Bo every single one of those bonuses. :)

Me too I'd like to see Bo stay here until he retires

A couple things-

#1. Most of that bonus money isn't actually a raise because money he used to get is no longer in the contract. If you remember Bo's contract has always had academic based bonuses in it, those bonuses recently became banned in coaching contracts. So the money that he used to get for academic benchmarks is now primarly being rolled over and added into other already existing bonuses for performance benchmarks (as well as some being added as an increase in base salary). It's pretty much still the same money, it just looks like a lot more because of the way it's presented as they don't show the loss of the academic bonus money factored in.

#2. Bo is contractually guaranteed a small raise every year. Every year the press is going to make a big deal about Bo getting another raise even though it's already planned for and has nothing to do with anything that happens in that current season.

#3. So beyond the shifting benchmark money (some of which is now in other benchmarks and some of which is just more guaranteed base salary) and the contractually guaranteed wage increase, the raise is basically 16 hours of private plane use, a larger buyout if fired without cause and a few bonus bumps.