ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

What is intriquing about Rutgers that they would get some of the cream recruits? I am not the sharpest tool on the shelf...can someone explain it to me?

Growing up in or around NJ obviously helps because kids like to play close to home for the most part. I also heard a lot of kids saying they like their coaching staff. Big East isn't great, but its still a BCS conference.

What is intriquing about Rutgers that they would get some of the cream recruits? I am not the sharpest tool on the shelf...can someone explain it to me?

Growing up in or around NJ obviously helps because kids like to play close to home for the most part. I also heard a lot of kids saying they like their coaching staff. Big East isn't great, but its still a BCS conference.

But, Rutgers sucked for so long before Schiano got there, that big named schools (Penn St, Nebraska, Notre Dame, etc) would swoop in and take these recruits without a proverbial shot being fired....

I just don't think Rutgers has enough to sell this kid, outside of being 90 minutes from home.

1. Big East vs either the B1G or the Big XII

2. Differing offensive philosophy's

3. Having to work from the ass end of the depth chart

I like our coaching staff, but to be truly honest I don't see anyone getting an actual 100% shot at being the starter next year over Martinez, especially a true freshman.

I just don't think Rutgers has enough to sell this kid, outside of being 90 minutes from home.

1. Big East vs either the B1G or the Big XII

2. Differing offensive philosophy's

3. Having to work from the ass end of the depth chart

I like our coaching staff, but to be truly honest I don't see anyone getting an actual 100% shot at being the starter next year over Martinez, especially a true freshman.

Thats fine. I wouldn't expect him to unseat T-mart coming right in.

Althought, I would wonder if this would light a fire under some collective asses.

I think our best asset is the style of our offense. TCU and Rutger's QBs dont run the ball.

TCU has two QBs committed including Tyler Mathews from Kansas(good pro-style QB I thought when watchin film) who is enrolled and will take part in conditioning and spring ball.

Pretty sure TCU may giving him the lip service that the Domers were attempting to woo him with.

Also TJ Millweard switched to UCLA. So you'd have to think its between Rutgers and Nebraska at this point.

No more TCU?...

This muddles things..

Rutgers has 4 or 5 qb's, so would they really recruit him for the position. His Dad played at TCU, and we're are the only team that run the style of offense he did in HS...

This is worse than playing Clue

Rutgers does have a lot of young QBs on the team, but they haven't looked good yet, and it's his hometown.

Nebraska's offense fits his style the best out of his interests left.

TCU signed two pretty solid pro-style QBs so I think that would throw him off a bit, but his dad did play there.

Arizona could be a late contender with Rich Rod's offensive mind. He hasn't set an OV for them yet with time running out and they signed their 2nd QB yesterday (not highly rated).

I agree Crewe, like I thought I think it might turn him away from TCU and their more pro style with these recruits.

I think our best asset is the style of our offense. TCU and Rutger's QBs dont run the ball.

TCU has two QBs committed including Tyler Mathews from Kansas(good pro-style QB I thought when watchin film) who is enrolled and will take part in conditioning and spring ball.

Pretty sure TCU may giving him the lip service that the Domers were attempting to woo him with.

I think TCU is being very up front. They told him they see him as a DB but will let him try QB. That's not much different than us. We told him he'd get a shot at QB but probably move him. We told Moore the same thing. Kids need to hear that. Coaches usually know where a kid has the best chance to contribute and excell at the next level. Rich Rod and Baylor are the only two wanting him at QB first.