ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

I know, I read and heard the rumors about that too. Simple fact is, until you sign it doesnt mean a thing. He would have most likely ended up taking more visits. His heart would have changed.

Think about it, say he said "I am ready to be a husker!"

Coach: "Are you sure?"

Player: Yeah, I am 99.9% sure"

Coach: "Great, we are glad to have you!"

two months later...

Player: "Man, I am a Husker but it might be cool just to go visit this school..."

and it begins.

but at least we would have had the committment - so advantage us throughout the entire process. the way things went we were just on a level playing field with everyone else. take westerkamp as an example...had he not already been committed to us there is a much higher likelyhood that he'd be w/ ND today. that committement still means something to kids - and it's useful leverage for the staff. it deters other schools from pursuing, and the recruit also partially shuts down to offers - they don't listen as much.

I know, I read and heard the rumors about that too. Simple fact is, until you sign it doesnt mean a thing. He would have most likely ended up taking more visits. His heart would have changed.

two months later...

Player: "Man, I am a Husker but it might be cool just to go visit this school..."

and it begins.

but at least we would have had the committment - so advantage us throughout the entire process. the way things went we were just on a level playing field with everyone else. take westerkamp as an example...had he not already been committed to us there is a much higher likelyhood that he'd be w/ ND today. that committement still means something to kids - and it's useful leverage for the staff. it deters other schools from pursuing, and the recruit also partially shuts down to offers - they don't listen as much.

See Debo Jones

two months later...

and it begins.

See Debo Jones

i'm not saying we won't lose some - just that we are in a better position with them committed at 99.9% - than not committed at all.

two months later...

and it begins.

See Debo Jones

i'm not saying we won't lose some - just that we are in a better position with them committed at 99.9% - than not committed at all.

Have to agree with you Chris, that's really my only problem with how the staff recruits. They don't push for the commitments like they should. They way they're trying to push Valentine to commit makes me wonder if they're starting to realize it.

Kiel to ND is great for us... I just don't see FUller going to Rutgers?

Like speed and I have said probably somewhere in this thread as well as the QL thread, Grag Schiano is closing on kids from New Jersey a bunch. Already has QL and WR Leonte Carroo both studs, and this weekend is hosting a whole slew including Yuri Wright, Devin, and 5 star DE Darius Hamilton. Could have a little NJ "dream team" much like Georgia last year.

Also TJ Millweard switched to UCLA. So you'd have to think its between Rutgers and Nebraska at this point.

No more TCU?...

This muddles things..

Rutgers has 4 or 5 qb's, so would they really recruit him for the position. His Dad played at TCU, and we're are the only team that run the style of offense he did in HS...

This is worse than playing Clue

Also TJ Millweard switched to UCLA. So you'd have to think its between Rutgers and Nebraska at this point.

No more TCU?...

Arizona and TCU are in the running as well, but I think they are on the outside looking in right now.

Apparently now TCU says they're looking at Fuller as a QB.

"They've said they'd put him at quarterback," Fuller's father said. "That's the decision we're going to have to make, to decide if that's for real or not for real."

No more TCU?...

This muddles things..

Rutgers has 4 or 5 qb's, so would they really recruit him for the position. His Dad played at TCU, and we're are the only team that run the style of offense he did in HS...

This is worse than playing Clue

Rutgers does have a lot of young QBs on the team, but they haven't looked good yet, and it's his hometown.

Nebraska's offense fits his style the best out of his interests left.

TCU signed two pretty solid pro-style QBs so I think that would throw him off a bit, but his dad did play there.

Arizona could be a late contender with Rich Rod's offensive mind. He hasn't set an OV for them yet with time running out and they signed their 2nd QB yesterday (not highly rated).