ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

In Team New Jersey news that definitely would affect DF, Darius Hamilton(stud DE) is visiting MIami tomorrow. Supposedly Leonte Carroo(stud WR) is going with him. Carroo is/was a commit and one of the biggest New Jersey Dream Team ring leaders.

Hamilton also is strongly considering Florida.

I agree about Carroo being the ringleader, he was riding high after their visit. Rutgers can forget about Hamilton.

He'd be a bonus addition. Nothing to get too upset about if we lose him to Rutgers, Arizona, etc.

Honestly, Tommy Armstrong looks like the better QB. He's not as athletically gifted as Devin, but he's no slouch in that department (I don't agree with the statements about him being a worse runner than Carnes. Carnes didn't impress me much in that regard). Armstrong's mechanics in my opinion, which also deviates from the notion on this board, are absolutely amazing. He releases the ball at a very high point, a la Peyton Manning (don't confuse this as a whole comparison). The only problem I see with Tommy as a QB is that he has too little wiggle in his runs, a la Taylor Martinez, and he has very little footage of the intermediate throws.

All in all, Tommy is my projected QB of the future, starting immediately after Martinez's senior year, with or without Fuller here.

Brian Perroni from rivals switched his predcition from Rutgers to Nebraska.

When I tweeted at him a couple days ago he said he had heard he wasn't staying at home. I posted bout it. May be on the previous page.

Thanks for clearing that up. And I thought I was the first to report that, rookie mistake.

Some people are prediciting Fuller to Arizona now. I really hope he doesnt fall for Richrods snake oil.

I hope not either, I really do. I can understand if he does though, but if he does he better prepared to lose and lose a lot. That isn't a hit on Devin, AZ needs serious talent upgrades everywhere to begin with. Where as NU has better OL, RBs, WRs, so if I were a QB prospect, I'd be ready to jump at the opportunity, not to mention the facilities, academics, fan support and bowl tie ins. As good as a recruiter Rodriguez is, it will take him some time to get it at a competitive level talent wise. I really hope the Fullers recognize this. As far as our QBs go I hope we get Devin, because I really, really like his potential.

Some people are prediciting Fuller to Arizona now. I really hope he doesnt fall for Richrods snake oil.

I hope not either, I really do. I can understand if he does though, but if he does he better prepared to lose and lose a lot. That isn't a hit on Devin, AZ needs serious talent upgrades everywhere to begin with. Where as NU has better OL, RBs, WRs, so if I were a QB prospect, I'd be ready to jump at the opportunity, not to mention the facilities, academics, fan support and bowl tie ins. As good as a recruiter Rodriguez is, it will take him some time to get it at a competitive level talent wise. I really hope the Fullers recognize this. As far as our QBs go I hope we get Devin, because I really, really like his potential.

Excellent points. I agree with them all --- save one. UA is an excellent academic institution --- their academics are first rate. NU, of course, is strong there too. But let us not overstate the case... UA is a fine school.

Football wise --- as you state, Devin likely has a better context at NU than at UA.