McShay on Husker's Draft

Round 1: Prince Amukamara (20) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Round 5: Niles Paul (136) - Arizona Cardinals.

Round 5: Eric Hagg (159) - New England Patriots.

Round 6: Keith Williams (177) - Washington Redskins.

Round 6: Pierre Allen (183) - San Diego Chargers.

Round 6: Alex Henery (188) - Indianapolis Colts.

Round 6: Roy Helu Jr (196) - Pittsburgh Steelers.

Round 7: Ricky Henry (228) - St. Louis Rams.

Round 7: Michael Smith (241) - Oakland Raiders.

Round 7: Dejon Gomes (251) - Tennessee Titans.

this will be an unpopular post - but you see a list like that, realize how many NFL caliber players we had on that team...and wonder why in the hell we lost 4 games. I hope Pelini/Beck going forward become as good at utilizing tallent as they are at developing it. 3 OL from what seemed like a pretty mediocre OL? A reciever that couldn't catch the ball in college projects to the top 5 rounds? were we just drastically underutilizing our tallent?

this will be an unpopular post - but you see a list like that, realize how many NFL caliber players we had on that team...and wonder why in the hell we lost 4 games. I hope Pelini/Beck going forward become as good at utilizing tallent as they are at developing it. 3 OL from what seemed like a pretty mediocre OL? A reciever that couldn't catch the ball in college projects to the top 5 rounds? were we just drastically underutilizing our tallent?

I totally agree with you. Bo is still learning as a Head Coach, and properly utilizing his talent is one thing he has to figure out. Another factor is that the team was largely lost late in the season. I hear rumblings about why, but frankly, it's anyone's guess. A lot of it boils down to personalities, probably - some guys (players and coaches) are like by some but not by all.

This is maybe a good example of how a solid TEAM wins games, not a bunch of great individual players/coaches. If everyone is on the same page, even vast underdogs can put up a great fight. We found that out when we saw a team playing as a team come in and give us all we could handle on our home turf, despite having half the athletic talent and half our size, speed & strength. SDSU came in here to win, and we came in to play a football game.

Hopefully we'll get better at all this as Bo's tenure wears on.