The Bubba Starling Thread

I love it when your opponent has never learned, after a decade of playing fantasy baseball, that two-start pitchers rarely win the game for you. If a pitcher is projected to win 10 games in a year, and you've got him on a double-start OR you have another decent pitcher going up against a really terrible team, you go with the single-start guy with the better chance of winning one game.

In a 22-week season, where your pitcher is going to get 30 starts, expecting him to win two games in one week when he's a mediocre pitcher to begin with is foolish.

You would really <really> hate my fantasy baseball league then.

Hate it, or dominate it?

Its like the Mercantile exchange on the ol' waiver wire around Sunday.

yagottabekiddingme.gif

Nobody wants to trade in my league. Everyone thinks their 10-win pitcher = Verlander or Halladay.

I just wanna see how much money he's gonna get... The Royals were at 7.5 million on the table last week. I wanna see how much this Boras guy got them to come up.

Question: which MLB draftee has signed for the most $ and how much?

I believe Stephen Strasburg signed for 15 or 16 million. Before him, the record was Mark Prior at about 10.5 million.

Bubba asking for 10 million seems a reach compared to those other guys.

Didn't Bryce Harper nearly match or even top Strasburg