The Bubba Starling Thread

If Bubba comes what Position? QB? I think we are Jammed up with Young Qbs? I read that he was told that he wouldnt red shirt. So would he move to another Positon? How in the world would he come in and dethrone A starting qb from last year and One that everyone is high on? So does any one have any inside ifo on this?

We don't have many QBs right now. You could guess that a depth chart looks like this:

Martinez - R Sophomore

Carnes - R Freshman

Kellogg - R Sophomore

Broekemeier - true Freshman walk-on

Kody Spano ended his career due to injuries. Cody Green quit. Bubba Starling will most likely play baseball. Jamal Turner has been moved to WR.

In an emergency we could probably put Turner at QB, but we are very thin at QB.

IF Bubba comes, he comes as a QB.

then take the money,because if the Huskers have to rely on a kid that Just got out highschool and he is going to start,then it will be a long season. Again I dont care how many stars you have by your name. This was kansas football. Not Texas,Florida, or california football. The kid is nowhere in the mix for a starting shot at QB. And to sit and not red shirt is pretty dumb.

• Fire 1

We don't know how the football coaches were planning to use him, just that he wouldn't redshirt. If he ended up at Nebraska, which at this point seems unlikely, my guess is that he'd take reps at QB during practice but they'd devise a package of plays to get him on the field at wide receiver or something.

then take the money,because if the Huskers have to rely on a kid that Just got out highschool and he is going to start,then it will be a long season. Again I dont care how many stars you have by your name. This was kansas football. Not Texas,Florida, or california football. The kid is nowhere in the mix for a starting shot at QB. And to sit and not red shirt is pretty dumb.

1260528522_itcrowd-facepalm.gif?w=320&h=226

• Fire 1

July 10th will be the telling date. Bubba is scheduled to start summer school at UNL. If he shows its a great sign for the Huskers. If he doesn't then the date moves to August 15th, that's the date by which KC has to sign him to a contract which will probably be in the neighborhood of 10 to 12 million bucks. One thing we have going for us is that he's been told he can play both sports at Nebraska. Just wish Scott Boras wasn't in the mix.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

Consider him gone. The Royals understand what he wants (10 mil bonus) and understand he is willing to walk away from MLB if he doesn’t get it. They KNEW this months ago. They would not have wasted their first round pick on someone they weren’t prepared to get. The owner has already said he knows the circumstances around Bubba; they know he is a special case and stated "we wouldn’t have drafted him so high if we were not confident we could sign him".

Sucks it didn’t work out for us, but it’s great for him and his family. He can always come back to NU and play QB in 4-5 years (which may be the best for us in the long run, seeing as he would be matured both physically and mentally, and doesn’t have to worry about money/NFL at that point).

I think Bubba will take the money and begin his baseball career. Who could blame him? Not I. You just don't get an opportunity like the one he has. To play ball for his hometown Royals for the kind of money he will see. I think the decision has already been made.

I think Nebraska fans should not get too worried about the quarterback situation. It might seem dire, but really I think we are going to be more than fine. Martinez will most likely start, with Carnes at number 2. I have liked Kellogg from day one and really like his timing and pocket presence. He could surprise a lot of people and be very solid for us if needed. The best part will be when Brion, and Broekemeier become the top contenders for the starting job in two years, then Jamal Turner moves back into the mix. Really excited about Broekemeier and Carnes.

I was listening to a radio program in KC, and they were interviewing Bubba's baseball trainer...They asked him if Nebraska was even in play, he responded "absolutely not, the Royal's wouldn't have even considered taking him if they weren't completely sure he was committed to baseball.He is 100% baseball" He went on to say "It's almost comical to me that Nebraska fan's think it's a 50-50 chance. This is a done deal"

It isn't his actual baseball coach, so i'm not sure how reliable this is, he's just a trainer that I believe he hits with in the winter. Take this for what its worth, but it's certainly not good news on the Husker front

I was listening to a radio program in KC, and they were interviewing Bubba's baseball trainer...They asked him if Nebraska was even in play, he responded "absolutely not, the Royal's wouldn't have even considered taking him if they weren't completely sure he was committed to baseball.He is 100% baseball" He went on to say "It's almost comical to me that Nebraska fan's think it's a 50-50 chance. This is a done deal"

It isn't his actual baseball coach, so i'm not sure how reliable this is, he's just a trainer that I believe he hits with in the winter. Take this for what its worth, but it's certainly not good news on the Husker front

Well he think's we think we have a 50-50 chance when we all are 99% sure he's taking the money, so he probably isn't a reliable source, lol.

This is the first I've ever heard about a "trainer". i'm pretty confident this is just some Joe Schmoe. Remember, this winter he was playing basketball, practicing for the Army game, etc. He might have batted at an indoor cage, and this guy sold him tokens to put in the pitching machine...but I'm calling BS on this one. Especially since it's the first person from his "camp" to say anything even remotely close to indicating he is leaning one way or the other...let alone to say he's 100% baseball, no chance, etc.

i will tell you that people in the athletic department are pretty confident that bubba is coming to college and will be playing college football this fall.

what do you honestly expect the royals office to say? either "we drafted bubba starling with the #5 pick in the MLB draft and we arent sure which way he is going to go, we are taking a risk." or "we are confident that bubba starling will be playing for the royals."?

just like in any major business there is some smoke being blown up the fans (investors) asses to get them to buy in. if the royals fans thought that he was going to play college football there would be a blood bath at royals headquarters.

just like in any major business there is some smoke being blown up the fans (investors) asses to get them to buy in. if the royals fans thought that he was going to play college football there would be a blood bath at royals headquarters.

If he does play at Nebraska there'll be a bloodbath anyway. You cannot waste a draft pick in a talent-rich draft like this. If they didn't know for sure that he was going to play baseball, they're in for it.