The Bubba Starling Thread

I was listening to a radio program in KC, and they were interviewing Bubba's baseball trainer...They asked him if Nebraska was even in play, he responded "absolutely not, the Royal's wouldn't have even considered taking him if they weren't completely sure he was committed to baseball.He is 100% baseball" He went on to say "It's almost comical to me that Nebraska fan's think it's a 50-50 chance. This is a done deal"

It isn't his actual baseball coach, so i'm not sure how reliable this is, he's just a trainer that I believe he hits with in the winter. Take this for what its worth, but it's certainly not good news on the Husker front

The Husker hater radio host said "got a tweet from a Husker fan in Omaha, and he says that the Husker fans up here think its a 50-50 shot that Bubba comes to NU. Ha-ha-ha, all Husker fans are idiots"

Judging from posts here 99% of Husker fans rational side says he's gone, but our emotional side holds out hope.

EDIT: Today "Col Klink"scale was talking the Royals draft and how the fans shouldn't expect Bubba to be George Brett when he gets to KC. When, not if, not probably. Sure I don't think it likely that he comes to Lincoln, but he hasn't signed a contract yet - something about counting chickens? He is as arrogant as a Texas fan.

Bubba as a Royal is a lock. There is no way that Dayton Moore drafts him otherwise. Starling should be the pick that cements the Royals return to the ALCS. The Royals are too close to screw this up.

Not disputing that he ends up a Royal, but the reason will be money. Also, he is not what puts the Royals over the top. They need pitching more than a center fielder at this point.

Bubba as a Royal is a lock. There is no way that Dayton Moore drafts him otherwise. Starling should be the pick that cements the Royals return to the ALCS. The Royals are too close to screw this up.

Not disputing that he ends up a Royal, but the reason will be money. Also, he is not what puts the Royals over the top. They need pitching more than a center fielder at this point.

Absolutely! Bubba won't be passing Melky Cabrera. He'll have a few years to work through the minors. That being said, the fact that he is right next to home on his childhood team is HUGE! A big factor for Bubba is being comfortable, and I bet he's a heck of a lot more comfortable in KC than he would be in Seattle or DC.

Absolutely! Bubba won't be passing Melky Cabrera. He'll have a few years to work through the minors. That being said, the fact that he is right next to home on his childhood team is HUGE! A big factor for Bubba is being comfortable, and I bet he's a heck of a lot more comfortable in KC than he would be in Seattle or DC.

Or Lincoln!!!

Or Lincoln!!!

If KC plays him in AAA he might end up in Papillion. Playing for the Storm Chasers.

Obviously it will take a few years in the minors before he plays in KC or even Omaha. NOBODY jumps right to the majors from high school. Regarding pitching the top four on the Royals board all went before their pick so it was a no-brainer to take Bubba. The Royals have plenty of highly touted pitching prospects on the cusp of arriving in KC and most will there a couple seasons before Bubba even arrives.

• 4 weeks later...

Another update on Huskerextra.com

Bubba still planning on coming up this weekend. Not enrolling in class but hopes to work out with the offense. Royals don't want to see Bubba in Lincoln. Says he is getting closer to a decision.