The Bubba Starling Thread

Just surprised he came!

Don't get too excited, chances are this is only a negotiating tactic. Don't mean to be rude, but haven't you read any of the other comments on this board?!

Yep, i have, but think the Starling family is a little different, to just come up here and risk injury says something.

The kid actually might think he could be good up here!

Just surprised he came!

Don't get too excited, chances are this is only a negotiating tactic. Don't mean to be rude, but haven't you read any of the other comments on this board?!

Yep, i have, but think the Starling family is a little different, to just come up here and risk injury says something.

Who's to say he'll participate in anything heavy enough to risk injury? Even further, if he was still seriously considering us, I'd think he'd be enrolled in summer classes - which he's not...

Once again, don't look too much into this.

Just surprised he came!

Who's to say he'll participate in anything heavy enough to risk injury? Even further, if he was still seriously considering us, I'd think he'd be enrolled in summer classes - which he's not...

Once again, don't look too much into this.

I agree that Starling probably isn't coming, but I don't understand why summer classes keep getting brought up. If I had just graduated high school, was trying to decide between college and professional baseball, was moving to a new place, meeting new people, and beginning workouts with a team that had been holding workouts since winter without me, and had a playbook to study, I probably wouldn't be too interested in signing up for summer classes.

Heck, even if I wasn't dealing with all those other things, I still wouldn't want to sign up for summer school. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Nebraska quarterback recruit Bubba Starling has officially arrived to campus. Now the question is how long will he stay?

KOLN TV in Lincoln spotted Starling and his family on Sunday afternoon leaving the Husker football complex with offensive coordinator Tim Beck and moving his stuff into the UNL dorms.

Continue reading...

KOLN TV in Lincoln spotted Starling and his family on Sunday afternoon leaving the Husker football complex with offensive coordinator Tim Beck and moving his stuff into the UNL dorms.

So now we're trailing Bubba from the T&NOAC to the dorms and watching him move boxes into a room? I don't think we need that much coverage, KOLN.

Will they install a hidden camera in his bathroom to see if he forgets to flush? That way, the science and engineering department will be able to zoom in on his poo for examination. They could tell the percentage of Runza sandwiches in his waste and that could determine whether he will be a Husker or not.

They just said on KOLN that 6.2 million is what is on the table right now. Damn. I don't know how you could pass that up. I guess I wouldn't expect him to be here when the deadline passes.

The real question is, why be here now, do u really think that they can squeeze that MUCH more than 6.2?

I'm probably going to sound really ignorant here, but I've decided I don't care. I don't get excited about people who I don't know are actually going to be on the team, so I don't know that much about Bubba except for a few highlights I've seen.

What I'm wondering is, why are we so excited about a guy with a 45% completion percentage in his senior year? I know he's 6'5. I know he can run great, but... he's not the only one. I also know about the game where his team scored 49 points on 7 plays, so obviously that's impressive. But still... he's not even 5 star. I know the stars don't mean everything, I just don't get WHY EVERYONE IS SO HYPER!!!!1111oneoneone like he's Jesus' twin brother. Is it just because people think we're that desperate for QB depth?

because he is a once in a decade type athelete. the kid is very raw when it comes to playing qb, but his potential is through the roof, plus, the guy can flat out fly. if he comes to nebraska (which i still dont think he will, but a guy can always hope right?) and the coaches can mold him into the qb he looks like he could be, then he could be the best qb that has been there in along time imo