The Bubba Starling Thread

I don't know why I just got this picture in my mind, but can you imagine how awesome it would be to see Bo go nose to nose arguing a call with a baseball umpire.

Man, do I have a rumor for you! See, this one time, at a softball tournament.... chuckleshuffle

Please tell me that you were umping a softball game that Bo was playing in and you called him out on a bang-bang play and he lost his mind. :snacks:

Uhm. I guess I have to say this; Maybe it's already been addressed.

What happens if Bubba gets here, turns out to be grossly overrated (my personal opinion, but I'd sure be glad to see him prove me wrong), and just rides the pine for 4 years?

13 pages of thread wasted!

Uhm. I guess I have to say this; Maybe it's already been addressed.

What happens if Bubba gets here, turns out to be grossly overrated (my personal opinion, but I'd sure be glad to see him prove me wrong), and just rides the pine for 4 years?

13 pages of thread wasted!

No, it will be alot more then 13 pages wasted.

I don't know why I just got this picture in my mind, but can you imagine how awesome it would be to see Bo go nose to nose arguing a call with a baseball umpire.

Man, do I have a rumor for you! See, this one time, at a softball tournament.... chuckleshuffle

What happened, knapp?

That's the best part - anything you want to have happen did happen, and you can proffer it as gospel truth. It's a cornucopia of rumor. Mazeltof!

At this point Bo has to know what Bub is doing. Bo should just come out and say that Bub is not going to be part if the team. Unless Bub is actually giving Bo reason to believe he will be coming here. This whole situation should have been resolved long ago and Bo allowing his program to be held hostage by some premo is absurd. Bo is effectively letting kids use his program as leaveraging power, this is not a good thing. Bo needs to lay down the iron fist and tell Bub to sh!t or get off the pot.....actually he should have told him that just before fall camp. If Bub couldn't make a decision before fall camp Bo should have made it'd for him.

At this point Bo has to know what Bub is doing. Bo should just come out and say that Bub is not going to be part if the team. Unless Bub is actually giving Bo reason to believe he will be coming here. This whole situation should have been resolved long ago and Bo allowing his program to be held hostage by some premo is absurd. Bo is effectively letting kids use his program as leaveraging power, this is not a good thing. Bo needs to lay down the iron fist and tell Bub to sh!t or get off the pot.....actually he should have told him that just before fall camp. If Bub couldn't make a decision before fall camp Bo should have made it'd for him.

Nobody is being held hostage here but us fans who are itching for some finality.

There is a timeframe for the announcement, and that is five (well, four) days from now. Whether the announcement is made today or in five days or five days ago makes literally zero negative impact to Bo or the Nebraska program.

For Bubba, it is obviously important for him to make it seem like he is open to taking up Nebraska as a serious option, to improve his negotiating position with the Royals. But it only hurts Nebraska if he is taking reps and being allowed to be part of the team during this time. He isn't. I still maintain this is bad for Bubba's negotiating position - it must be pretty terrible actually - and is an example of Bo drawing his line in the sand. He is telling Bubba, "commit to us, or you're not going to be treated as a part of the team."

All this criticism directed in all sorts of directions comes from one thing: fans want to know NOW, and they aren't getting their need for information satisfied now. I hate to say it, but that's just tough for us. We'll have to find some way to get over it.

It's a lesson that Bo will learn. never recruit a player like Bubba Starling, you will end up getting shafted.

<_< I wouldn't subscribe to this philosophy at all. You might also say 'never recruit an academic risk', etc, etc, etc. Some players are "risks", but you recruit them because it is worth the risk. Bubba was absolutely worth the risk and which way he chooses doesn't change that.

It would have to come from nowhere, as opposed to being the expected outcome for months and months, for anyone here to be 'shafted.'

• Fire 1

Uh-mm. No, first of all, yes Bo for sure knows what he Bubba is doing. That was evident when he decided to not take part in fall camp. Bubba didn't want the injury risk to screw up his negotiations. That should tell everyone all they need to know:

HE ISN'T COMING HERE.

But why would you burn that bridge? Maybe he will some day. Maybe he has a change of heart. There's an infinite amount of possibilities for how not burning a bridge can benefit you down the road. There are no possibilities for how burning it works out for you unless the Germans are invading.

It's a lesson that Bo will learn. never recruit a player like Bubba Starling, you will end up getting shafted.

You always take that chance. You never KNOW and recruiting starts way beyond the baseball draft. (plus wait awhile, baseball is dying, when the money drops like their raitings, it will end up a bigger decision)

http://www.huskerhaw...=227&Itemid=183

read comments

:rollin That's some funny sh*t! I'd pay $ to watch Bo go Bo Pelini on anyone.

What the hell is that? did Travis Justice leave the Omaha market to go to Iowa? lolololololololol? *sound nostrils make with just air while laughing* hhhhmhhhhmhhhmhhhhhhhm. Congrats on the promotion Trav... or did an Omaha channel actually start a "huskerhawkeye" website that needs to be boycotted?

Let's assume Starling wants 10 million, and at 8 million has made it clear that he'll play football (whether that is a negotiating tactic or not doesn't matter - the only thing Bo can control is that 10 million number). So, maybe Bo decided to reduce his leverage to make it more difficult to reach that 10 million mark by keeping him out of fall practice - explaining it as "reducing the chance he might get injured"?

My guess: this may or may not have been the plan all along, and the parents may or may not have known this all along...but regardless it was Bo's decision, knowing this would be going down to the wire. It was Bo's decision to reduce Starling's leverage last minute - and he's selling it as nothing more than preventing an injury that could hurt his future. It might be the last card in his hand, so he's playing it.