The Bubba Starling Thread

Tomorrow is my birthday, and Bubba is going to give me the most wonderful birthday present a Husker fan could ask for: closure to this distraction

One way or another, it is done. Frankly, I think the guy would cause more problems than he'd solve if he were to sign with us. Carnes is going to be a good backup and is going to push Martinez as it is. Adding Bubba to the mix would probably just mess with the chemistry that the team has been building this year. Nebraska doesn't need a QB that always has his future professional career in the back of his mind when making a decision to run or pass (or even get that extra yard). I'd rather stick with the guys that we have, tyvm.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and Bubba is going to give me the most wonderful birthday present a Husker fan could ask for: closure to this distraction

One way or another, it is done. Frankly, I think the guy would cause more problems than he'd solve if he were to sign with us. Carnes is going to be a good backup and is going to push Martinez as it is. Adding Bubba to the mix would probably just mess with the chemistry that the team has been building this year. Nebraska doesn't need a QB that always has his future professional career in the back of his mind when making a decision to run or pass (or even get that extra yard). I'd rather stick with the guys that we have, tyvm.

:yeah

blah, blah, blah--all our athletes make significant life choices. Enough grandstanding-i'm glad he's forced to make a decision tomorrow as this could go on for eternity.

This is getting ridiculous. We'd all like Bubba to come here, but you don't have to start hating on him just to make yourself feel better when he signs with the Royals.

Bubba's not going to screw with the team chemistry if he comes to Nebraska. IF he comes to Nebraska, he's going to start out, 3rd, 4th, or 5th on the depth chart at QB, he's going to be about 10 practices behind everybody else, he's not going to be allowed to do interviews until he's played in a game, which will be a while given how far behind he is, and when reporters ask Bo about him, all they're going to get is, "Well we're glad he's here, he's a tremendous athlete, but he's way behind, and has a lot of work to do."

IF he comes to Nebraska, he'll be a great player one day, in two sports. But he's not going to screw with the team chemistry this year because he's not going to come close to the starting position. By the time he would be able to challenge for the starting position, he would be just as much a part of team chemistry as the three freshman running backs we have right now.

Besides, even if he does come, he will do little for the football team this year. But the baseball program, well, he could be the savior!

Much like Darin Erstad did for baseball program?? Erstad's biggest contribution to the baseball program is yet to come.

Yeah, one player can't save a baseball team. Teams will just walk him until we get somebody else that can hit.

Starling would probably be the best player in the Big Ten conference right away, though.

This is getting ridiculous. We'd all like Bubba to come here, but you don't have to start hating on him just to make yourself feel better when he signs with the Royals.

Bubba's not going to screw with the team chemistry if he comes to Nebraska. IF he comes to Nebraska, he's going to start out, 3rd, 4th, or 5th on the depth chart at QB, he's going to be about 10 practices behind everybody else, he's not going to be allowed to do interviews until he's played in a game, which will be a while given how far behind he is, and when reporters ask Bo about him, all they're going to get is, "Well we're glad he's here, he's a tremendous athlete, but he's way behind, and has a lot of work to do."

IF he comes to Nebraska, he'll be a great player one day, in two sports. But he's not going to screw with the team chemistry this year because he's not going to come close to the starting position. By the time he would be able to challenge for the starting position, he would be just as much a part of team chemistry as the three freshman running backs we have right now.

I agree. If Bubba comes to Nebraska, by all accounts, he is going to be a great addition to the roster, in many ways.

Everyone's got their future in mind. The same way Suh did when he came back for his senior year after passing up NFL millions; same thing Prince did. Did not screw with team chemistry.

If Bubba does decide to stay - which, well, he won't; but if he did - he'll start fresh, bring his pail to work and get in line behind everybody else.

• Fire 1