Weight: 195

40 time:

Scholarships: Nebraska

Rivals:

Scout:

ESPN:

247:

Highlights

Now this looks like a kid we can use. I watched his highlights and he can pass! He throws fades, outs, hooks --- short range, midrange and long range all very well he also is athletic. He passes well under pressure and on the run. He has an obvios skill set that none of our QB's possess --- he can pass!

• 2 months later...

Anyone think it would be a benefit to have a left-handed QB? It's not something opposing defenses see every day. Pass rushers that are used to coming in from the blind side have to switch to the left, blitzes have to be flipped, handoffs probably are more consistently to the left, etc? A lot defensive linemen get complacent in making the same moves each and every game to get inside or outside...all those moves would be flip flopped against a left handed QB.

Anyone think it would be a benefit to have a left-handed QB? It's not something opposing defenses see every day. Pass rushers that are used to coming in from the blind side have to switch to the left, blitzes have to be flipped, handoffs probably are more consistently to the left, etc? A lot defensive linemen get complacent in making the same moves each and every game to get inside or outside...all those moves would be flip flopped against a left handed QB.

The receivers will have to adjust to the opposite rotation from a lefty. But that can develop over time.

the only real benefit i see is that some teams will have their best speed rusher at right end just to be on the blind side. however, not every team does that. was just watching the 09 VT game and their best rusher, worilds, was at left end (ie, not the blind side) and gave us fits. not every team even as an appreciable difference between the rushing abilities of their left and right end, and those that do are pretty unlikely to flip them for one game. i think you'd see very, very little difference in hand offs or blitz schemes either. it's nice to blind side a QB, but it's probably just as important (if not more) to fluster him with pressure he can see coming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From Husker Journal:

OCTOBER 10, 2011. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

STEVE DONATELL, QB, 6-5, 195, HIGHLANDS RANCH, COLORADO

“I just have one offer right now from Nebraska. I hear from Nebraska with e-mails and stuff, facebook every once in a while.” Donatell said

“From what I know it’s (offer) is still on the table. Right now I’m going to take my time hopefully it will stay on the table. If it’s my only offer I would end up going there.” Donatell said

“I play quarterback right now but I’m always open to play other positions. Right now I’m being recruited as a quarterback.” Donatell said

“I hear from Colorado and Colorado State and Wyoming and Wake Forest. Hopefully I’ll get offers from them, we already played 4 games so I’ll send tapes out to them” Donatell said

From Husker Journal:

“I just have one offer right now from Nebraska. I hear from Nebraska with e-mails and stuff, facebook every once in a while.” Donatell said

“From what I know it’s (offer) is still on the table. Right now I’m going to take my time hopefully it will stay on the table. If it’s my only offer I would end up going there.” Donatell said

“I play quarterback right now but I’m always open to play other positions. Right now I’m being recruited as a quarterback.” Donatell said

“I hear from Colorado and Colorado State and Wyoming and Wake Forest. Hopefully I’ll get offers from them, we already played 4 games so I’ll send tapes out to them” Donatell said

am i sensing a trend with how this guys feels about our offer....

normal_img_1909.jpg?ref=media.punchingkitty.com&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1411&bih=718&tbm=isch&tbnid=o2JfCn1jMtSy3M%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpunchingkitty.com%2F2009%2F01%2F22%2Fstldrunkscom-captures-example-of-ugly-friend-in-the-wild%2F&docid=70nH3XR3xDWZ1M&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpunchingkitty.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F01%2Fnormal_img_1909.jpg&w=750&h=562&ei=ggWdTv67CqLfiALGg5zICQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=214&vpy=170&dur=256&hovh=167&hovw=237&tx=163&ty=94&sig=108290101363829396873&tbnh=159&tbnw=231&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t%3A429%2Cr%3A0%2Cs%3A0____6.jpgfatfriend.jpgfat_girl_envy.jpgfatchick2.jpg

From Husker Journal:

am i sensing a trend with how this guys feels about our offer....

normal_img_1909.jpg?ref=media.punchingkitty.com&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1411&bih=718&tbm=isch&tbnid=o2JfCn1jMtSy3M%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpunchingkitty.com%2F2009%2F01%2F22%2Fstldrunkscom-captures-example-of-ugly-friend-in-the-wild%2F&docid=70nH3XR3xDWZ1M&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpunchingkitty.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F01%2Fnormal_img_1909.jpg&w=750&h=562&ei=ggWdTv67CqLfiALGg5zICQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=214&vpy=170&dur=256&hovh=167&hovw=237&tx=163&ty=94&sig=108290101363829396873&tbnh=159&tbnw=231&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t%3A429%2Cr%3A0%2Cs%3A0____6.jpgfatfriend.jpgfat_girl_envy.jpgfatchick2.jpg

I am not sure how much of his "reservation" I sense in his quote is because he doesn't like NU or if it is more because he isn't getting actively chased by NU so he isn't sure how much the staff wants him. Heck he isn't sure the offer is still on the table, I wouldn't be either if all I get are Facebook notes and emails. Plus we all know that Fuller is a legitimate prospect and would be rated higher than Steve. I hope he gets more offers and gets a chance to make a decision he is happy with, because I am not sure NU is going to allow him to commit.

• 2 months later...

Does this kid still have an offer?

He's not super fast, but he seems elusive. Maybe someone we could use in a situational aspect (if he puts on some weight), kind of like Oklahoma uses Bell?

(FYI, I'm really bored today, so take it easy on my wandering mind ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Does this kid still have an offer?

He's not super fast, but he seems elusive. Maybe someone we could use in a situational aspect (if he puts on some weight), kind of like Oklahoma uses Bell?

(FYI, I'm really bored today, so take it easy on my wandering mind ;) )

He said he is going to decide soon between Nebraska and Wake Forest (only D1 offers). Obviously assuming he chooses WF