What is our record next year?

I honestly don't see why people are being so confident. This is a completely untested offense with new coaches all around, a schedule against some serious competition and some question marks from last season that have yet to be answered... I could definitely see this as a six-loss season.

Roark --- you are so correct. People who see us with 10 (or more!) regular season wins are to be commended for their enthusiam and are certainly updeat (which is good) but are bound to be really dissapointed. I see the regular season as a 7-5 record. There is an outside chance, probably the next most likely regular season record, at maybe 8-4.... though Roark, I'd agree that a 6-6 is also fairly reasonable a possibility. In no way can or should we expect this team to win more than 8 games in the regular season ... and that is with 4 teams on the schedule that are gimmes.

This team is way too inconsistant, is too prone to being flat, poorly prepared and play with out intensity, they have a "new" offense (maybe!) and are too prone to penalties, fumbles, taking needless sacks and... well we are still a mid-uppermis conference-level team... maybe inching up in the right direction... but a long way from a 10-11 win regular season against this upcoming schedule.

Roark and I may be wrong, and I'll go out on a limb and speak for the both of us in saying we hope we are wrong... but wow... I cannot see where these predictions are coming from... did you guys see the last 5 games of last season?

Uh, have you watched the last 2 seasons? We won 10 games last season, and were 2 ridiculous plays away from 11 wins in 2009. Are we going to win them all? Probably not. But to suggest that 6-6 is likely is ludicrous. The Big 10 is not as good as some people make it out to be. See, the bowls. Fast teams beat the big 10 teams.

We're a pretty fast team.

I honestly don't see why people are being so confident. This is a completely untested offense with new coaches all around, a schedule against some serious competition and some question marks from last season that have yet to be answered... I could definitely see this as a six-loss season.

Roark --- you are so correct. People who see us with 10 (or more!) regular season wins are to be commended for their enthusiam and are certainly updeat (which is good) but are bound to be really dissapointed. I see the regular season as a 7-5 record. There is an outside chance, probably the next most likely regular season record, at maybe 8-4.... though Roark, I'd agree that a 6-6 is also fairly reasonable a possibility. In no way can or should we expect this team to win more than 8 games in the regular season ... and that is with 4 teams on the schedule that are gimmes.

This team is way too inconsistant, is too prone to being flat, poorly prepared and play with out intensity, they have a "new" offense (maybe!) and are too prone to penalties, fumbles, taking needless sacks and... well we are still a mid-uppermis conference-level team... maybe inching up in the right direction... but a long way from a 10-11 win regular season against this upcoming schedule.

Roark and I may be wrong, and I'll go out on a limb and speak for the both of us in saying we hope we are wrong... but wow... I cannot see where these predictions are coming from... did you guys see the last 5 games of last season?

Woah, woah... I thought this board was for Husker fans? Therefore, HuskerBoard.... It's spring, boys. Quit complaining and start drinkin'. :D

I do think Bo's defenses that he built here made their name as "spread-killers", which was the job they needed to do in the Big 12.

I think Bo's perfectly capable of changing things up, however.

Funny. I remember when Bo was hired as HC that everyone bagged on him because he couldn't stop the spread. They kept bringing up KSU, Mizzou, and Texas from 2003. They all had mobile defenses, and did pretty well against us. After 2008, we still had people questioning his ability to stop a spread offense.

And then 2009 and 2010 happens.

Funny how that works.

I had the same concern when we hired Bo. But that just goes to show his evolution as a coach.

they arent never gonna learn saunders. these same posters were predicting the same 6-6 season last season and the season before and the season before and so on, you get the point.

these guys alway expect less so that they wont be disappointed when the season starts. either they get to say "i told you so" or they get to say "wow the skers are doing great this season!" ive argued with a few of them on here over the years and let me just say that no matter how much sense you make or no matter how many times they are proven wrong, in their minds they will never be wrong and dear ole nebraska U will always be a 6-6 team.

If we lost only one or two games, I would be nothing short of ecstatic. I think there's a good chance of that. I think the consensus of us losing at Wisconsin might be a bit off. I think we may lose one at home, and one away. I could see us losing to Ohio St and Penn St.

If we lost 3 or 4, I'd be less than enthused, but not suprised. I think the Big 10 may have the potential to be the ACC of a couple years ago that was just a meat grinder. Anytime a team looked to take the proverbial lead, they'd lose.

I'm interested after the season's over, what our SOS will look like.

they arent never gonna learn saunders. these same posters were predicting the same 6-6 season last season and the season before and the season before and so on, you get the point.

these guys alway expect less so that they wont be disappointed when the season starts. either they get to say "i told you so" or they get to say "wow the skers are doing great this season!" ive argued with a few of them on here over the years and let me just say that no matter how much sense you make or no matter how many times they are proven wrong, in their minds they will never be wrong and dear ole nebraska U will always be a 6-6 team.

Actually no. If you were to look it up, I have correctly predicted our record before the season began four years in a row --- I always place two records as my prediction --- a highest probability and a second highest probability. And 4 years running I have been correct (twice with my highest, and twice with my second highest probability prediction) -- by the way, I only predict based upon regular season and not a bowl game as we know not who we'll play. Many others have been correct regarding predictions as well... so, I am not special at all. I only mention that my predictions have been correct to dispel the notion that I am "typically" predicting low. I do not predict low. And... I have not predicted a 6-6 record --- that seems to me to be the third most likely but not as likely as 8-4 or 7-5. What I said about a 6-6 record is that it is a distinct possibility and I would not be shocked... but I expect a 7-5 or perhaps an 8-4. Better than 8-4 seems, to me, probably less likely than worse than 7-5 --- but I do not expect either.

Of course, as stated earlier, we'll see who is injured, who is not and we'll see what the team looks like in practice in the fall and maybe things (my prediction)will change modestly. Not all the data is in. But... based upon what little we do have in... most posters are too optimistic.. as least I think so at this juncture. And again, I'd rather be wrong, obviously than right... as I'd love to see a 9 or 10 win regular season. We'll see.

OK - there are SO many on here that are underestimating the Big 10 but I think you are giving us a little too much credit here. 8-4 should be the absolute worst unless the wheels just come off. The only way you go 7-5 is if you lose to every team that you should even have a chance of losing to. I still think 9-3 sounds about right in the first year with a good chance at 10-2. I think 10-2 gets you a tie for the Legends title with the tiebreakers deciding who goes.

I remember Michigan State going 7-1 in the Big Ten last year. Are they really that much better than we are?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

6-2 isn't exatly being overly optimistic as far as I'm concerned. We'll have to be downright lousy to get 4 losses or worse. While our offense will have some growing pains, our defense will be more than capable to keep us in any game.

Actually no. If you were to look it up, I have correctly predicted our record before the season began four years in a row --- I always place two records as my prediction --- a highest probability and a second highest probability. And 4 years running I have been correct (twice with my highest, and twice with my second highest probability prediction) -- by the way, I only predict based upon regular season and not a bowl game as we know not who we'll play. Many others have been correct regarding predictions as well... so, I am not special at all. I only mention that my predictions have been correct to dispel the notion that I am "typically" predicting low. I do not predict low. And... I have not predicted a 6-6 record --- that seems to me to be the third most likely but not as likely as 8-4 or 7-5. What I said about a 6-6 record is that it is a distinct possibility and I would not be shocked... but I expect a 7-5 or perhaps an 8-4. Better than 8-4 seems, to me, probably less likely than worse than 7-5 --- but I do not expect either.

Of course, as stated earlier, we'll see who is injured, who is not and we'll see what the team looks like in practice in the fall and maybe things (my prediction)will change modestly. Not all the data is in. But... based upon what little we do have in... most posters are too optimistic.. as least I think so at this juncture. And again, I'd rather be wrong, obviously than right... as I'd love to see a 9 or 10 win regular season. We'll see.

Cool. Link to your predictions?

OK - there are SO many on here that are underestimating the Big 10 but I think you are giving us a little too much credit here. 8-4 should be the absolute worst unless the wheels just come off. The only way you go 7-5 is if you lose to every team that you should even have a chance of losing to. I still think 9-3 sounds about right in the first year with a good chance at 10-2. I think 10-2 gets you a tie for the Legends title with the tiebreakers deciding who goes.

I only see one guy underestimating the Big 10. Most see a 10-2 season, which I agree with. I'd also bet that 10-2 is going to be the popular pick by the pundits. We aren't a perfect team, but there's not a single team that we can't beat, and nobody has far greater talent across the board.

vs. at Wisconsin or Ohio State - 1 loss

vs at PSU, at Mich or Iowa - 1 loss

Depending on the Tressel situation I would add a big "maybe" to the one loss between Wisc or OSU.

Mich State is not that good. Name one decent win from that program in the last 20 years.

NW is good but Neb is used to that style of play.

I think OSU is in trouble next year and will not win their division. I see a Neb vs PSU CCG with Neb winning.

So, I have Neb at 12-1 or 11-2.

11 - 2 sounds reasonable to me.

Lose one tough game to PSU, Ohio St or the Cheeseheads and another via the Iowa St way by fumbling the ball 30 times or so. Of course, that loss could be to anybody.

Hey, Clownahan & Callawatts are "finally" gone and I like the upside......

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

I do think Bo's defenses that he built here made their name as "spread-killers", which was the job they needed to do in the Big 12.

Funny. I remember when Bo was hired as HC that everyone bagged on him because he couldn't stop the spread. They kept bringing up KSU, Mizzou, and Texas from 2003. They all had mobile defenses, and did pretty well against us. After 2008, we still had people questioning his ability to stop a spread offense.

Funny how that works.

I think (a bit separately) Bo's defenses also probably have a bit to prove still in terms of defending running QBs. Should be fun facing off against Denard Robinson next year, although I think our talent level is just really high right now. Bo has the midas touch, basically.

Everyone bagged on Bo when he was hired as HC? I don't remember that...

Funny how that works.

I think (a bit separately) Bo's defenses also probably have a bit to prove still in terms of defending running QBs. Should be fun facing off against Denard Robinson next year, although I think our talent level is just really high right now. Bo has the midas touch, basically.

Everyone bagged on Bo when he was hired as HC? I don't remember that...

Everyone is a bit hyperbolic, but there were alot of people on the boards who thought he couldn't defend the spread.