Aaron Green Eager,

click it

this part is kind of bothersome. im not sure but i do believe that unless he payed for said hat, this may not be a good thing.

On the night he committed to Nebraska, an older gentleman stopped by Green’s church after the All-American had left to give the young man a present and another goal.

“He gave an old Nebraska hat with all of the years that they've won the national championship to my youth pastor and told him to ‘Tell Aaron whenever they win the national championship to get that year stitched on that hat.’ so that’s what I’m going to do.”

Hmm... sounds like the man might be smarter than we think. He didn't gave anything to Aaron.. He left it with the pastor at the church. :)

:thumbs Left it with the pastor. That's pretty clever I guess.

It's sad that the ncaa rules are such that we need to worry about some kid getting an old ball cap, or a free sammich.

just because he handed the hat to the pastor doesnt really mean a whole lot. the hat was clearly intended for AG and not the pastor. now im not asking to get investigated but that "fan" is pretty much asking for trouble.

you dont have to physically hand someone something for them to be the person you are giving it to.

just because he handed the hat to the pastor doesnt really mean a whole lot. the hat was clearly intended for AG and not the pastor. now im not asking to get investigated but that "fan" is pretty much asking for trouble.

you dont have to physically hand someone something for them to be the person you are giving it to.

Actually, that's EXACTLY how Cam Newton got out of big trouble with the NCAA. He claimed he didn't know anything about his dad's dealings. Newton's case was over a substantial amount of money, Aaron's about a hat to get stitched. Non issue

Actually, that's EXACTLY how Cam Newton got out of big trouble with the NCAA. He claimed he didn't know anything about his dad's dealings. Newton's case was over a substantial amount of money, Aaron's about a hat to get stitched. Non issue

actually much different situation considering AG already clearly acknowledged it in the article above.

maybe you guys need to be reminded of eric crouch?

free sandwich ring a bell?

and yes i read the post from the guy saying God told him to do it. i dont think the NCAA takes what God has to say into account when looking at violations. the university is allowed to give so much to each player during their time at said university but there are clearly written rules in the NCAA bylaws stating that a player is not to receive anything from fans. thats just the facts.

maybe you guys need to be reminded of eric crouch?

free sandwich ring a bell?

and yes i read the post from the guy saying God told him to do it. i dont think the NCAA takes what God has to say into account when looking at violations. the university is allowed to give so much to each player during their time at said university but there are clearly written rules in the NCAA bylaws stating that a player is not to receive anything from fans. thats just the facts.

The Ham Sandwich Incident

Results of the inquiry were:

No violations. Thanks for self-reporting. Have a nice day.

-Sincerely, The NCAA

A hat worth maybe $5 at a flea market won't get anyone in any trouble. This is much ado about nothing.