Green, Heard, Abdullah

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How can we make any kind of point in favor of any of these guys when we've never seen any of them play D1 football? High School success doesn't mean they'll be successful in college. We've seen five-stars bust way too often to think we can make a correct call.

Anyone got a crystal ball, or tea leaves, or the entrails of a goat? That would be about as accurate anything I could guess.

• Fire 1

How can we make any kind of point in favor of any of these guys when we've never seen any of them play D1 football? High School success doesn't mean they'll be successful in college. We've seen five-stars bust way too often to think we can make a correct call.

Anyone got a crystal ball, or tea leaves, or the entrails of a goat? That would be about as accurate anything I could guess.

its the offseason, and its a message board. nuff said.

• Fire 2

I am with EZ-E. As lame or stagnit as our Offense was at MANY times last year we can not afford to have as many options as possible on the field or avalible. They can all have the ability to win a game from any where on the field. The way I see it all 3 of those guys are better then what we have behind Burkhead now. We cant lose games 9 to 6 because we have our play makers redshirted or sitting on he bench.

Just my 2 cents. And also thats prob why I am not a coach lol..

• Fire 1

what?

it's not about predicting success or stardom...someone HAS to be the #2 guy. Might not be any of these 4, but likely will be one of them. just be happy the this wasn't Martinez, Carnes, Green - who will be the #2 QB...then we'd have another 8 page QB thread. Nice we're moving on to another skill position finally.

me, i'm going w/ Heard - on the assumption he's in shape. if so...he's going to be VERY hungry. I like that.

• Fire 2

All three touch the ball in different roles.

I hope 1 out of the 3 redshirts. Burkhead and two of the newcomers should be able to get us through the season . . . especially when only 1 of the 3RBs will generally be on the field at the same time.

Injuries, of course, could throw a wrench into the plans.

It would be nice to not have all three exhaust their eligibility at the same time.

• Fire 1

Since we haven't seen any of them play, the star ratings and what not are all we have to go off of. Looking at the last few years' drafts, those star rankings are getting to be better and better at predicting future success. Obviously it's not a shoe-in, but places like rivals are really getting good at scouting players. I trust their judgement over joe schmoe message=boarder 8 days a week.

• Fire 1

Since we haven't seen any of them play, the star ratings and what not are all we have to go off of. Looking at the last few years' drafts, those star rankings are getting to be better and better at predicting future success. Obviously it's not a shoe-in, but places like rivals are really getting good at scouting players. I trust their judgement over joe schmoe message=boarder 8 days a week.

I agree it's getting better but it's still a huge guessing game. Just ask Notre Dame, Texas, Illinois, etc.

How does TCU, Boise St & Utah beat the big boys with all those 1 & 2 star recruits? Sure, they get a big break with their creampuff conferences but still.....

I'll take great coaching over stars any day but agree it's best to have both. We just might have exactly that going for us too...

:koolaid2:

• Fire 1

I hope 1 out of the 3 redshirts. Burkhead and two of the newcomers should be able to get us through the season . . . especially when only 1 of the 3RBs will generally be on the field at the same time.

It would be nice to not have all three exhaust their eligibility at the same time.

I really think that they are all three going to see the field. My only fear with that is that I hope not a single one of them wastes a year like Quincy Enunwa did.

• Fire 1

I really think that they are all three going to see the field. My only fear with that is that I hope not a single one of them wastes a year like Quincy Enunwa did.

I think if all three reach the field one of them will have an Enunwa type year barring injuries. I don't recall seeing many teams giving 4 backs quality carries. I really hope that we red-shirt one of them.

• Fire 1

I think if all three reach the field one of them will have an Enunwa type year barring injuries. I don't recall seeing many teams giving 4 backs quality carries. I really hope that we red-shirt one of them.

I think we'll redshirt whichever one of those three is least successful. As of right now, I think Green and Heard have potential to be better than the other running backs on our depth chart except for Burkhead. But I doubt all three of them are. If we absolutely need a fourth guy, it'd probably be Okafor if two of the three new guys made it into the three-deep.

That said, it's entirely possible that only one of the new guys has a healthy impact and two of them redshirt. All eyes will be on running back this fall camp behind quarterback.

• Fire 1