What's your opinion of Lebron James?

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I stopped caring about the NBA in the early 90's when basketball just because lame. The Lakers/Celtics/76er's/Pistons teams back in the day were entertaining.

These fools playing now, have no heart. If their not flopping on the floor, they're toe hurts.

There are many players that play with heart. Just tonight, Dirk Nowitzki played with a torn tendon in his finger and made they game winning shot. Always humble. Always complimenting his teammates. And thats just one example. Derrick Rose is another example of a player with heart. And many more in the NBA. Just have to watch the right players.

I wouldn't argue, I just kind of threw him in as an afterthought.

The truth is, like most things, it goes in cycles. The 00's were the "me" decade, focused on attention, self-centeredness, looking out for yourself and etc. It's gotten to the point where that has come and is starting to go, and the new generation of stars are those breaking the trend and seemingly showing real humility, joy for playing the game and other 'likeable' qualities, and this doesn't just apply to the NBA. Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Suh, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Dwight Howard and others are all testament to this.

I disagree about Westbrook. After watching him in the playoffs this year, he is a ballhog and threw a hissy fit and cursed his coach out for taking him out one game against Dallas. 100% agree with Durant. Very down to earth, humble guy. And also the other guys you mentioned.

Melo played his butt off for Denver? Why did they get a lot better after he left?

Bc his defense was not good. It hasn't been his whole career. 2011 numbers just at Denver, not including NY. PPG: 25.2 RPG: 7.6

APG: 2.6. I'd say those are pretty good numbers for someone not too happy with their current situation. I remember a few games before he was traded he scored 40 points and won them the game down the stretch and the fans were still cheering for him knowing he wanted to leave, but they respected him for not giving up on the team. Maybe I'm wrong about how the fans viewed him since Im not a Nuggets fan, but it seemed to me thats how they viewed him after watching that game. To be fair, NY didn't get much better with him either.

Melo played his butt off for Denver? Why did they get a lot better after he left?

Bc his defense was not good. It hasn't been his whole career. 2011 numbers just at Denver, not including NY. PPG: 25.2 RPG: 7.6

APG: 2.6. I'd say those are pretty good numbers for someone not too happy with their current situation. I remember a few games before he was traded he scored 40 points and won them the game down the stretch and the fans were still cheering for him knowing he wanted to leave, but they respected him for not giving up on the team. Maybe I'm wrong about how the fans viewed him since Im not a Nuggets fan, but it seemed to me thats how they viewed him after watching that game. To be fair, NY didn't get much better with him either.

There are a lot of Nuggets fans here in my town and they were all pretty happy that he left. He's a ball hog. He gets his points but that's about it. Kinda like a really selfish Dirk ;)

I stopped caring about the NBA in the early 90's when basketball just because lame. The Lakers/Celtics/76er's/Pistons teams back in the day were entertaining.

These fools playing now, have no heart. If their not flopping on the floor, they're toe hurts.

There are many players that play with heart. Just tonight, Dirk Nowitzki played with a torn tendon in his finger and made they game winning shot. Always humble. Always complimenting his teammates. And thats just one example. Derrick Rose is another example of a player with heart. And many more in the NBA. Just have to watch the right players.

The truth is, like most things, it goes in cycles. The 00's were the "me" decade, focused on attention, self-centeredness, looking out for yourself and etc. It's gotten to the point where that has come and is starting to go, and the new generation of stars are those breaking the trend and seemingly showing real humility, joy for playing the game and other 'likeable' qualities, and this doesn't just apply to the NBA. Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Suh, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Dwight Howard and others are all testament to this.

I disagree about Westbrook. After watching him in the playoffs this year, he is a ballhog and threw a hissy fit and cursed his coach out for taking him out one game against Dallas. 100% agree with Durant. Very down to earth, humble guy. And also the other guys you mentioned.

I'm actually glad the NBA is made up of a bunch of whiney ass individuals, makes me appreciate hockey even more

The guy is a great athlete, he has stumbled along the way but he is fun to watch. There will never be another Jordan as there will never be another Kobe, Lebron etc... The game has changed and will continue to change with the players coming and going. One thing you rarely see now in the NBA is guys playing past their mid 30's and starting. It has become a young mans game.

There are a lot of Nuggets fans here in my town and they were all pretty happy that he left. He's a ball hog. He gets his points but that's about it. Kinda like a really selfish Dirk ;)

Dirk brings way more to the table than just points. Things that don't even have to do with stats. Just listen to the other players interviews about wanting to win the championship FOR Dirk. Not just themselves, for Dirk. Bc he is always complimenting his teammates in post game interviews. He has the respect of his teammates and his leadership is tremendous. He may not be the best defensive player in the league or best rebounder, but he is getting better and finding open players out of the double team. He is unselfish, humble and above all else, loyal. Something you can't say about the player this thread is about.

I respect Lebron for how savvy of a nonprofessional athlete (without a college ed, no less). He surrounds himself with all the right people in terms of agents and what not, which isn't as easy as it sounds. In the offseason, he knew moved would be made and he would have critics either way. He was willing to deal with that to get a ring, which if he doesn't get this year, he will very soon. I don't like that formed a super team, but I respect the heck out of him.