top ten plays in memorial stadium

The no-call facemask on Eric Crouch by the KSU DE in 1998 is pretty memorable, even if that screwed us.

Not a single play, but Ganz's 510 passing yards vs KSU in 2007.

Will Shields's fumblerooski vs CU in 1992 was pretty memorable as part of the complete destruction of the Buffs 52-7 even though both teams were ranked #8 in the AP. I believe that's still the only time 2 teams with the same AP rank have played each other. (FYI: CU only had 8 yards rushing that game. Eight!!!)

I'm surprised by how many of the memorable plays were not at home. Someone else already listed a bunch, and most of the ones I thought of were in bowl games.

Unfortunately, I can think of a few negative memorable moments: Crouch fumbling at the 1 against Texas (broke 41 game home winning streak), Nunn fumbling the game clinching first down against Texas, and LeKevin Smith fumbling away the game clinching interception with 16 seconds left against Texas Tech. I'm sure there's some OU infamous moments I'm forgetting.

Was it the Iowa game, in perhaps '99, when Crouch ran over a DB for a 42 yardish TD run? Maybe that one off the top of my head. (I think this one was in Lincoln.)

Not a 42 yd gain, but maybe one of the best hits ever by a QB on a DB.

Was it the Iowa game, in perhaps '99, when Crouch ran over a DB for a 42 yardish TD run? Maybe that one off the top of my head. (I think this one was in Lincoln.)

Not a 42 yd gain, but maybe one of the best hits ever by a QB on a DB.

Unfortunately that one was at Kinnick.

And the Crouch-KSU facemask was in Manhattan as well.

In addition to a lot of our memorable plays being on the road, a lot of the most amazing single plays I've seen are overshadowed because they didn't lead to victories (Eric Hagg's punt return being one of them). Here's my list, although I would stress that they're not in order.

#1. Eric Crouch Black 41 Reverse. Absolutely no question really.

* Nate Swift punt return against Va Tech '08

* Nate Swift's touchdown off a halfback pass from Marlon Lucky '06:

* Tom Ruud's hit (previously linked)

* Mike Rucker's beheading of the poor K-State player (previously linked)

* The kick and pick (this might be good for #2 in my book):

* Mike Rozier's insane sideline to sideline run (

)

Eh, can't think of anything else at the moment..oh wait, that play (maybe against Wyoming?) where two defenders went high and low and essentially murdered the opposing quarterback. I think his facemask was severely bent after the play? Can't find a video.

Here's one of the best TD runs I've seen in Memorial Stadium. It's Kenny Wilson in a practice. At the time I thought Kenny Wilson would be the next great Husker RB. Later that season we discovered that Kenny Wilson made this run because the 2007 Blackshirts tackle like 8th grade girls with vasoline on their hands.