Vote on the Top Ten plays in Memorial Stadium History For the Big Ten Network

...is this really for the Big Ten Network? Color me skeptical, anyways:

According to the link above, Harold Hartley's play didn't happen at Memorial Stadium, so I can't include it! :P

1. Black 41 Flash Reverse

2. The kick and pick - Henery and Suh

3. Fumblerooski

4. Bouncerooski

5. Rozier's long run

6. Lucky to Swift halfback pass

7. Scott Strasburg INT

8. Prince's interception

9. Swift's VA Tech punt return

10. ________

this is in the fall we will be taping a show highlighting the fan experience at several of the stadiums the one at memorial stadium will tape during the ohio state game, and this top ten will be played during that show

You don't think it might be a better idea to say, I don't know, approach the athletic department about this, or at least ask more than one husker messageboard about it? Seems kind of silly to me; "Here's our top 10 plays in memorial stadium history as decided by a bunch of geeks on the internet with no known pedigree in a very unofficial manner!"

dude we are the fans we do have an opinion (the most important opinion in fact) about the greatest plays etc. so i dont see anything at all wrong about this.

i also dont understand why you would question the guy, he was nice enough to come on here and ask for our opinion and if ya dont want to give yours then why even comment on it? guys not taking anything from ya but your opinion, lighten up! you sound like my darn ex girlfriend always trying to correct people and make them do things your way!

As Bo Burnham would say... My girlfriend had this super weird fetish. She loved to dress up like herself, and then act like a TOTAL b***h... :lol:

If we are going by just "Pure Plays" then this would be my list.

1. The Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass

2. Henery's Kick, Suh's pick

3. Rozier's 100 yard run for a 5 yard touchdown

4. Harold Hartley's 60-yard TD catch against THE FOUR HORSEMEN and KNUTE ROCKNE of Notre Dame in 1922

5. Nate Swift's punt return vs Virgina Tech 2008

6. Marlon Lucky's touchdown pass to Nate Swift vs Texas 2006

7. The bounce rooskie 1982 vs. OU

8. 1982 Scott Strasburg interception

9. Prince Amukamra's INT vs OU 2009

10. Will Shields fumblerooski vs CU 1992

If we are going by "Big play that had an impact in the Big moment" this would be my list

1. The Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass

2. Harold Hartley's 60-yard TD catch against THE FOUR HORSEMEN and KNUTE ROCKNE of Notre Dame in 1922

3. Henery's Kick, Suh's pick

4. 1982 Scott Strasburg interception

5. Prince Amukamra's INT vs OU 2009

6. Marlon Lucky's touchdown pass to Nate Swift vs Texas 2006

7. Nate Swift's punt return vs Virgina Tech 2008

8. The bounce rooskie 1982 vs. OU

9. Rozier's 100 yard run for a 5 yard touchdown

10. Will Shields fumblerooski vs CU 1992

Yes, I like to make things difficult and give TWO lists. :P

Sorry Will Sheilds, you get the love of the bottom of Top 10. A good play, but nothing more than gaining a few yards, but very cool still, AND we got that play outlawed after that year.

I wish I could have seen the Strasburg interception, unless it was already posted somewhere, as well as the 1922 Touchdown catch by Hartley.

I was fortunate enough to see Black 41 Flash Pass and Prince's interception in the stadium. The other ones that have been more recent I should have seen too, but oh well.

I'd put Harold Hartley's 60-yard TD catch at the top of any list. That was the first loss the Four Horsemen ever had. It really put NU football on the map back then. It was also the last game played on Nebraska Field as Memorial Stadium opened the next year according to this link.

My list:

1. Harold Hartley's 60-yard TD catch against Notre Dame in 1922

2. Alex Henery Kick, Suh Pick

3. Black 41 flash reverse

4. 1982 - Scott Strasburger interception to end OU's final drive and sealed the victory for NU 28-24.

5. Mike Rozier's 100 yard run that went 5 yard for the TD against UCLA 1983

6. Marlon Lucky touchdown pass to Nate Swift against Texas

7. The bounce rooskie 1982 vs Oklahoma

8. Prince Amukamara's INT vs. Oklahoma in 2009

9. Will Shields's fumblerooski vs CU in 1992

10. Nate Swifts punt return against Virginia Tech in '08

Am I on total crack, because the link contradicts the Notre Dame TD. Chick Hartley was the QB and threw a 62 yard TD pass to Dave Noble according to the link. WTF. It was a great moment and they'd go on to beat ND again the next year too. My head now hurts.

Sidenote, the Swift return against Tech may just be the second loudest time at Memorial behind the kick/pick. The place just exploded and hopes suddenly were ignited at the time.

...is this really for the Big Ten Network? Color me skeptical, anyways:

According to the link above, Harold Hartley's play didn't happen at Memorial Stadium, so I can't include it! :P

1. Black 41 Flash Reverse

2. The kick and pick - Henery and Suh

3. Fumblerooski

4. Bouncerooski

5. Rozier's long run

6. Lucky to Swift halfback pass

7. Scott Strasburg INT

8. Prince's interception

9. Swift's VA Tech punt return

10. ________

this is in the fall we will be taping a show highlighting the fan experience at several of the stadiums the one at memorial stadium will tape during the ohio state game, and this top ten will be played during that show

You don't think it might be a better idea to say, I don't know, approach the athletic department about this, or at least ask more than one husker messageboard about it? Seems kind of silly to me; "Here's our top 10 plays in memorial stadium history as decided by a bunch of geeks on the internet with no known pedigree in a very unofficial manner!"

dude we are the fans we do have an opinion (the most important opinion in fact) about the greatest plays etc. so i dont see anything at all wrong about this.

i also dont understand why you would question the guy, he was nice enough to come on here and ask for our opinion and if ya dont want to give yours then why even comment on it? guys not taking anything from ya but your opinion, lighten up! you sound like my darn ex girlfriend always trying to correct people and make them do things your way!

Just seemed like a peculiar situation. Of course we have an opinion, the question is, why do Huskerboard members have more of one than the rest of Husker fans? This is the only board I've seen this guy posting on.

Did I miss something? Isnt Johmey Rodgers punt return against Oklahoma (In the game of the century) Still shown on Saturdays? That was at the stadium right? Or am I off topic?

The Game of the Century was played in Norman.

Yup I was off topic. lol

Why isn't John Ruud's hit vs OU in 1978 in this?

my list

1. Black 41 flash reverse

2. Alex Henery Kick, Suh Pick

3. 1978 Billy Sims' fumble on the 3

4. Rozier's 4-9 pitch loop-around vs UCLA

5. 1982 Scott Strasburger interception

6. 2000 Nebraska comeback capped by Josh Brown's GW kick.

7. Harold Hartley's 60-yard TD catch against Notre Dame in 1922

8. 1978 John Ruud's hit

9. 1982 Nebraska vs Oklahoma "Bounce Rooskie"

10. 1992 Will Shields Fumblerooskie vs Colorado

It should just be the Henery kick. The Suh pick was a completely separate play. Also, Swift's return against VT would not make my top 50. Am I missing something?

This is why I don't really understand how this could actually be used for the network. "A bunch of guys on the internet decided these were the best, most of them probably haven't even seen the majority of plays before the year 2000 but let's trust their opinions."

I have a hard time believing that 4 of the top 10 plays in Memorial stadium happened durring one of the worst decade in Nebraska history. chuckleshuffle

There wasn't much participation from posters in the previous thread asking for favorite play suggestions, so nearly everything posted there wound up on the list in this thread. Had more people added their two cents, there would have been more to pick from.

This is why I don't really understand how this could actually be used for the network. "A bunch of guys on the internet decided these were the best, most of them probably haven't even seen the majority of plays before the year 2000 but let's trust their opinions."

I'm skeptical that this has anything to do with the Big Ten Network as well, but I figured we have no exposure here. Even if this had nothing to do with BTN and was just a thread to kill time in the offseason, it's at least interesting to talk about.