Perlman and Dr. Tom Knew in may when we were going to the big ten

Historically for football Nebraska is a huge get for the Big 10 but going forward it doesn't expand the BTN like it would in other markets. Omaha and Lincoln aren't exactly huge markets to expand into.

Do you really think your conference acquired Nebraska so we would deliver the Omaha and Lincoln markets? We're a national draw, man.

See here

Alaskan Nebraskans – Alaska Chapter.

Arizonans for Nebraska – Arizona Chapter.

Bay Area Alumni Chapter – San Jose, CA Chapter.

Californians for Nebraska – San Juan Capistrano, CA Chapter.

Capital of Texas (Austin) Nebraskans – Austin, TX Chapter.

Central Ohio Alumni Chapter – Columbus, OH Chapter.

* Coloradans for Nebraska – Colorado Chapter.

* Columbus Alumni Chapter – Columbus, NE Chapter.

* Dayton/Cincinnati Alumni Chapter – Cincinnati Chapter.

* DCHuskers.org – Washington D.C. Chapter.

* Fox Valley Cornhusker Club – Appleton, WI Chapter.

* Houstonians for Nebraska – Houston, TX Chapter.

* Kansas City Alumni Chapter – Kansas City, MO Chapter.

* Kentuckiana Huskers – Kentucky Chapter.

* Minnesotans for Nebraska – Minnesota Chapter.

* Nebraska Alumni – University of Nebraska Alumni Page.

* Nebraska Society of New York – New York Chapter.

* New Mexicans for Nebraska – New Mexico Chapter.

* Northeast Kansans for Nebraska – Topeka, KS Chapter.

* Northern Californians for Nebraska – Gold River, CA Chapter.

* Northern Nevadans for Nebraska – Carson City, NV Chapter.

* Oklahoma Cornhusker Club – Oklahoma Chapter.

* Oregonians for Nebraska – Portland, OR Chapter.

* Panhandle Alumni Chapter – Based in Gering, NE.

* Pennsylvanians for Nebraska – Pennsylvania Chapter.

* San Diego Alumni Chapter – San Diego, CA Chapter.

* San Juan Coloradans for Nebraska – Montrose, CO Chapter.

* Sioux Empire – Harrisburg, SD Chapter.

* Tampa / St. Petersburg – Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL Chapters.

* Utahns for Nebraska – Utah Chapter.

http://www.redoutaroundtheworld.com/

Well you all had to expand you stadium, had to be taught how the B10 recruits and the rules they self impose, got dropped from the AAU. Sounds like baggage to me. Sorry if that word offends, I admit it may not be the best choice of words.

What the hell are you even talking about? Seriously. You don't make sense, and you're all over the place in trying to throw dirt. Nebraska was talking about expansion before the Big 10. We'll continue to recruit the way we have. As for the rules the Big 10 self imposes.... well, 2 of the flagship programs are going to be on probation in a matter of months. Doesn't sound like there's much "self imposing" going on there. And the AAU thing is a joke.

Nebraska has less baggage then tOSU and tOSU has been in the big ten since god knows how long. I have only fallowed nebraska since 03 (cuz half my family is colorado fans and i really didnt know what a good college football team was and now i know.) All i am saying is that Nebraska is not in the news (bad news)and we seem like we are on the stright and narrow most of the time and why is say most of the time is because i dont know Nebraska history that much but i am learning as i go.

That seems like a little bit of a weird way to look at it. Where do you think the B10 ccg will be on the list this year? Wont matter if Nebraska is in it or not. As for the bowls, lots of people watch them even if they are not fans of either team, I think what day it falls on, weather they are on the road for the holidays, so on and so forth matters. I know I have watched many a bowl game when I had no horse in the race. If the B12 had a ccg this year, I would watch if I was able, and it doesnt have anything to do with what schools are playing.

Nebraska does bring a tv draw and I agree with Biggie, they also bring some baggage, but what team does'nt?

What baggage does Nebraska bring? A program likely falling under severe NCAA penalties? A program reeling from four years of THE WRONG coach, not to mention their own NCAA sanctions? Those are the Big Ten's two flagship programs, Ohio State and Michigan. Penn State's last ten years have been marginally better than Nebraska's, and that's during two major coaching upheavals over here. Wiscy has flirted with success but has yet to break through, Iowa is about the same, and the remainder of the Big Ten has been mediocre - nothing you wouldn't see in any other conference.

Nebraska doesn't walk into the Big Ten taking a back seat to anyone. We'll be respectful of the conference and the fans, but if anyone thinks we're coming in as something other than a top program, they're sorely mistaken.

this +1.

++1

That seems like a little bit of a weird way to look at it. Where do you think the B10 ccg will be on the list this year? Wont matter if Nebraska is in it or not. As for the bowls, lots of people watch them even if they are not fans of either team, I think what day it falls on, weather they are on the road for the holidays, so on and so forth matters. I know I have watched many a bowl game when I had no horse in the race. If the B12 had a ccg this year, I would watch if I was able, and it doesnt have anything to do with what schools are playing.

Nebraska does bring a tv draw and I agree with Biggie, they also bring some baggage, but what team does'nt?

What baggage does Nebraska bring? A program likely falling under severe NCAA penalties? A program reeling from four years of THE WRONG coach, not to mention their own NCAA sanctions? Those are the Big Ten's two flagship programs, Ohio State and Michigan. Penn State's last ten years have been marginally better than Nebraska's, and that's during two major coaching upheavals over here. Wiscy has flirted with success but has yet to break through, Iowa is about the same, and the remainder of the Big Ten has been mediocre - nothing you wouldn't see in any other conference.

Nebraska doesn't walk into the Big Ten taking a back seat to anyone. We'll be respectful of the conference and the fans, but if anyone thinks we're coming in as something other than a top program, they're sorely mistaken.

this +1.

++1

+++1

Historically for football Nebraska is a huge get for the Big 10 but going forward it doesn't expand the BTN like it would in other markets. Omaha and Lincoln aren't exactly huge markets to expand into.

Do you really think your conference acquired Nebraska so we would deliver the Omaha and Lincoln markets? We're a national draw, man.

See here

Alaskan Nebraskans – Alaska Chapter.

Arizonans for Nebraska – Arizona Chapter.

Bay Area Alumni Chapter – San Jose, CA Chapter.

Californians for Nebraska – San Juan Capistrano, CA Chapter.

Capital of Texas (Austin) Nebraskans – Austin, TX Chapter.

Central Ohio Alumni Chapter – Columbus, OH Chapter.

* Coloradans for Nebraska – Colorado Chapter.

* Columbus Alumni Chapter – Columbus, NE Chapter.

* Dayton/Cincinnati Alumni Chapter – Cincinnati Chapter.

* DCHuskers.org – Washington D.C. Chapter.

* Fox Valley Cornhusker Club – Appleton, WI Chapter.

* Houstonians for Nebraska – Houston, TX Chapter.

* Kansas City Alumni Chapter – Kansas City, MO Chapter.

* Kentuckiana Huskers – Kentucky Chapter.

* Minnesotans for Nebraska – Minnesota Chapter.

* Nebraska Alumni – University of Nebraska Alumni Page.

* Nebraska Society of New York – New York Chapter.

* New Mexicans for Nebraska – New Mexico Chapter.

* Northeast Kansans for Nebraska – Topeka, KS Chapter.

* Northern Californians for Nebraska – Gold River, CA Chapter.

* Northern Nevadans for Nebraska – Carson City, NV Chapter.

* Oklahoma Cornhusker Club – Oklahoma Chapter.

* Oregonians for Nebraska – Portland, OR Chapter.

* Panhandle Alumni Chapter – Based in Gering, NE.

* Pennsylvanians for Nebraska – Pennsylvania Chapter.

* San Diego Alumni Chapter – San Diego, CA Chapter.

* San Juan Coloradans for Nebraska – Montrose, CO Chapter.

* Sioux Empire – Harrisburg, SD Chapter.

* Tampa / St. Petersburg – Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL Chapters.

* Utahns for Nebraska – Utah Chapter.

http://www.redoutaroundtheworld.com/

What does that list prove? I am sure Northwestern has just as many if not more alumni associations in the US. It doesn't make them a powerhouse.

I don't know why you guys are so defensive about everything. The Big 10 leadership obviously sees a value in the Nebraska brand and they made the most logical choice (outside of ND) for bringing the 12th team into the Big 10. Like I said before, there wasn't a value in expanding the BTN into Nebraska so it is something else. The Big 10 loves tradition and they see Nebraska as a power that will compete well within the Big 10. The national games I am sure will be huge draws but with the move to more regional games on ESPN and the such, it won't be the same as it was 10 years ago. The CCG and bowl games will stand alone. I am sure having another team with a shot every year to make it to a BCS game and sharing that money inside the conference has some influence in the decision.

I've tried to be respectful and you have been anything but. Would you gladly defer to me on all thing Big Ten related? By your reasoning it seems like the proper thing to do, with you being the Big Ten neophyte and all. I would never ask for that. I'm not as arrogant as you to think I know it all.

Since you're the expert, why don't you pretend you're Jim Delany and give me all the potential "drawbacks" of inviting Nebraska. I'm curious to see if you can do it. I'd ask for the positives but I don't want to wade through 5 pages.

All I'm hearing is, "blah, blah, blah I sprained my vagina." I have not disrespected you or your team. Hell, buddy, I don't even know which team you root for. You're posting from Minneapolis/St. Paul, but you can't be a Golden Gophers fan because one of them expatriated to Chicagoland for work and the other died when his shack fell through the ice while fishing last year. So maybe you're a Penn State fan or maybe you're just an ad hoc Big Ten fan, but whatever you are, you won't find me being disrespectful to any Big Ten team. That ain't how I roll.

I've tried to be respectful and you have been anything but. Would you gladly defer to me on all thing Big Ten related? By your reasoning it seems like the proper thing to do, with you being the Big Ten neophyte and all. I would never ask for that. I'm not as arrogant as you to think I know it all.

Since you're the expert, why don't you pretend you're Jim Delany and give me all the potential "drawbacks" of inviting Nebraska. I'm curious to see if you can do it. I'd ask for the positives but I don't want to wade through 5 pages.

All I'm hearing is, "blah, blah, blah I sprained my vagina." I have not disrespected you or your team. Hell, buddy, I don't even know which team you root for. You're posting from Minneapolis/St. Paul, but you can't be a Golden Gophers fan because one of them expatriated to Chicagoland for work and the other died when his shack fell through the ice while fishing last year. So maybe you're a Penn State fan or maybe you're just an ad hoc Big Ten fan, but whatever you are, you won't find me being disrespectful to any Big Ten team. That ain't how I roll.

Disrespect immediately followed by denial of said disrespect. I agree with jaws. Some of you guys are way too defensive about everything.

Well you all had to expand you stadium, had to be taught how the B10 recruits and the rules they self impose, got dropped from the AAU. Sounds like baggage to me. Sorry if that word offends, I admit it may not be the best choice of words.

What the hell are you even talking about? Seriously. You don't make sense, and you're all over the place in trying to throw dirt. Nebraska was talking about expansion before the Big 10. We'll continue to recruit the way we have. As for the rules the Big 10 self imposes.... well, 2 of the flagship programs are going to be on probation in a matter of months. Doesn't sound like there's much "self imposing" going on there. And the AAU thing is a joke.

You might want to read up, they had a meeting with Nebraska, pointing out the stricter rules the B10 has when it comes to how many recruits you can have among other things. OH and Mich violated much larger rules than what the B10 self imposes. The AAU is not a joke, you only say that because you got the boot, same way two years ago the b12 was the best thing next to sliced bread and now you hate it. As for the expansion, you could be right, but I find it funny just a few years ago (when you said it was planned) that the sell out streak was in danger. That does not even make sence to expand when you are having trouble filling it the way it is. Oh wait you said it was "TALKED about".

All I'm hearing is, "blah, blah, blah I sprained my vagina."

Dammit, knapp, you made me spit beer all over the place!!! <_<

Anyhow, I'm not sure how we can convince these 2 or 3 B1G backers that DoNU expands the B1G footprint well south and west of Lincoln and/or Scottsbluff. It helps deliver good numbers in markets like Denver, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, LA, San Diego, etc.

Also, I don't feel like finding a link to describe the the AAU thing, but it seems like it is less a gauge of the quality of education, and more about how your research dollars are spent. DoNU was at a disadvantage because 1) The UN Med Center is a separate campus and their research dollars are not included 2) we are a "comprehensive university" which the AAU looks down on, and 3) we spend a lot of money researching agricultural issues, which the AAU also does not include in the rankings.

Sure it would be nice to be a member, but I guess we get screwed for finding ways to feed the freaking world. Sorry it doesn't fit into the AAU's agenda.

Anyhow, I'm not sure how we can convince these 2 or 3 B1G backers that DoNU expands the B1G footprint well south and west of Lincoln and/or Scottsbluff. It helps deliver good numbers in markets like Denver, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, LA, San Diego, etc.

Also, I don't feel like finding a link to describe the the AAU thing, but it seems like it is less a gauge of the quality of education, and more about how your research dollars are spent. DoNU was at a disadvantage because 1) The UN Med Center is a separate campus and their research dollars are not included 2) we are a "comprehensive university" which the AAU looks down on, and 3) we spend a lot of money researching agricultural issues, which the AAU also does not include in the rankings.

I guess we get screwed for finding ways to feed the freaking world. Sorry it doesn't fit into the AAU's agenda.

I didnt get that either, what diff does it make if your med program is off campus? Dumb rule!!

I guess we get screwed for finding ways to feed the freaking world. Sorry it doesn't fit into the AAU's agenda.

I didnt get that either, what diff does it make if your med program is off campus? Dumb rule!!

The UN Med center is considered to be its own university. The UN system has 5 "universities": 1) UNL 2) UNO 3) UNK 4) Med Center, and I forgot what the 5th is called. Can someone help?

This may be able to give you more info My link. Otherwise, just google search it, you will find out more about it. :thumbs

The UN Med center is considered to be its own university. The UN system has 5 "universities": 1) UNL 2) UNO 3) UNK 4) Med Center, and I forgot what the 5th is called. Can someone help?

This may be able to give you more info My link. Otherwise, just google search it, you will find out more about it. :thumbs

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Also we know Nebraska expands the foot print outside of just Nebraska, any fan of football knows it was a good choice. We will try not to be like TX (except the scores on the field):), if you all try and relax and not be so defensive. Some of us have been fans of a B10 team for all our lives and in some cases have played each other every year, for longer than people on this board have been alive, so some people do know the teams (the ones you'll be playing), the B10 (your new conf.) and football(what this site is about), pretty well.

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Also we know Nebraska expands the foot print outside of just Nebraska, any fan of football knows it was a good choice. We will try not to be like TX (except the scores on the field):), if you all try and relax and not be so defensive. Some of us have been fans of a B10 team for all our lives and in some cases have played each other every year, for longer than people on this board have been alive, so some people do know the teams (the ones you'll be playing), the B10 (your new conf.) and football(what this site is about), pretty well.

I have no doubt that the bold is true, which is why I think Nebraska and Nebraska Fans will fit in very well to the Big Ten culture. We're just as rabid about football as you guys, and many of us (myself included) have followed Big Ten football reasonably closely, for an outside group. Big Ten football has probably been the closest thing to the old Big 8 football that most of us grew up with over the last decade, so I have been keeping tabs on you guys for quite a while. And The Game has always been a must-watch event as well, so I have a decent outsider's perspective of that rivalry, too.

OSU Has CW, Wooster, Denison, Kenyon, Miami, Oberlin, Ohio Northern, Xavier, Dayton

Just wondering how you complied that list. Not that it means anything in this thread.

Nebraska will be fine in the Big 10 and will compete for the top of the conference most years in football. It will be interesting if their recruiting footprint will change over the years.

We were talking about quality of students in state (population). All of those (with the exception of Xavier, but not by much) have higher average entry scores than OSU undergrads. So, essentially a very large percentage of the smart kids in Ohio end up among the 100,000 students represented by these 10 schools.

And I am positive our recruiting footprint will "change" in the sense that we'll see more kids from Ohio/Michigan/Iowa/Illinois (maybe 3-4 a year average). But we've always recruited nationally, so the "change" isn't that dramatic, it just makes it easier to convince a kid from Ohio now. Nebraska is tropical in comparison to some of these schools.