Perlman and Dr. Tom Knew in may when we were going to the big ten

Also we know Nebraska expands the foot print outside of just Nebraska, any fan of football knows it was a good choice. We will try not to be like TX (except the scores on the field):), if you all try and relax and not be so defensive. Some of us have been fans of a B10 team for all our lives and in some cases have played each other every year, for longer than people on this board have been alive, so some people do know the teams (the ones you'll be playing), the B10 (your new conf.) and football(what this site is about), pretty well.

Bigg10--unless you have a Penn State alum as head of referees for the Big 10 conference, you won't be able to be like Texas on the field.

This is in no way a knock against PSU, and is wholly a knock against the vermin of Austin.

---

re: AAU membership...in addition to the UNMC being it's own campus "problem", I also believe it was more than coincidence that there was a University of Texas member heading the committee to boot DoNU from the AAU. Texas is more jaded and ego-driven in thought than China is about Taiwan--ask Arkansas, whom Texas (erroneously) blames for killing the SWC.

Obviously the AAU, their exclusion of agriculture-driven research (something that is Nebraska's bread and butter), and their pandering of votes and the arbitrary extension of their voting deadline all had something to do with it.

But one would have to blind to not see the garnish for this course was flavored Bevo chip brown.

The UN Med center is considered to be its own university. The UN system has 5 "universities": 1) UNL 2) UNO 3) UNK 4) Med Center, and I forgot what the 5th is called. Can someone help?

"O" Street? :cheers

And AFAIK, there were only the four campuses. Perhaps you're thinking of Creighton or something to that effect?

Well you all had to expand you stadium, had to be taught how the B10 recruits and the rules they self impose, got dropped from the AAU. Sounds like baggage to me. Sorry if that word offends, I admit it may not be the best choice of words.

As for OH being this great state or program, well we know about the program now dont we. As for the state, it's been a few years ago now, but they used to have the highest rate of child molesters in the US. I dont think us midwest schools need to try and copy OH in anything!!

Michigan had to expand their stadium in 2010. Minnesota had to build a new one in 2009. Michigan State expanded in 2005. Illinois renovated/expanded in 2008. Iowa in 2004. Purdue is in the middle of a 3 phase renovation/expansion. Indiana completed an expansion project in 2009. Ohio State in 2000. Penn state expanded in 2001. Wisconsin in 2005. So I'd say "you all" in the Big10 had to expand your stadiums as well. WELCOME TO MODERN DAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

And you had to teach us how to recruit? How to pull in sub top-25 teams every year? Outside of Ohio State, if flip flops yearly who lands the 23rd-ish ranked class...then everyone else in the Big10 is sitting in the 30's, 40's, 50's. I think Nebraska will be just fine w/ a few new rules.

Baggage is something you carry with you. I don't see how a stadium expansion (which every team in the Big10 has), not being a member of a political organization, or adding some rules to recruiting which Nebraska for the most part (oversigning, etc) has followed for years anyway - can be considered "baggage".

bag·gage: things that encumber one's freedom, progress, development, or adaptability; impediments

Baggage is at OSU. Baggage is at Michigan. Baggage is at Iowa. Nebraska comes in fairly drama free.

The UN Med center is considered to be its own university. The UN system has 5 "universities": 1) UNL 2) UNO 3) UNK 4) Med Center, and I forgot what the 5th is called. Can someone help?

"O" Street? :cheers

And AFAIK, there were only the four campuses. Perhaps you're thinking of Creighton or something to that effect?

Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture - www.ncta.unl.edu operates under the University of Nebraska. So that would be five.

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Also we know Nebraska expands the foot print outside of just Nebraska, any fan of football knows it was a good choice. We will try not to be like TX (except the scores on the field):), if you all try and relax and not be so defensive. Some of us have been fans of a B10 team for all our lives and in some cases have played each other every year, for longer than people on this board have been alive, so some people do know the teams (the ones you'll be playing), the B10 (your new conf.) and football(what this site is about), pretty well.

I have no doubt that the bold is true, which is why I think Nebraska and Nebraska Fans will fit in very well to the Big Ten culture. We're just as rabid about football as you guys, and many of us (myself included) have followed Big Ten football reasonably closely, for an outside group. Big Ten football has probably been the closest thing to the old Big 8 football that most of us grew up with over the last decade, so I have been keeping tabs on you guys for quite a while. And The Game has always been a must-watch event as well, so I have a decent outsider's perspective of that rivalry, too.

Than you understand the fans interest in the newest addition. I am sure you all knew the other teams in the Big 8 like the back of your hand. Some of the comments or questions may seem stupid to you all or you may take offence to, but it is just fans trying to figure out how Nebraska fits into B10 ball and get to know you. The B12 and the B10 are two different animals. I think if you travel this year, things will be a little more wound up than normal, being new and all. Heck as an Iowa fan I'll be the first to say, they should put only sober people or ones who have hit the peace pipe, around the visitors seats. But Iowa is not the worst or even close. Maybe the jizz head fans in this conf, can learn something if they come to your house??

Than you understand the fans interest in the newest addition. I am sure you all knew the other teams in the Big 8 like the back of your hand. Some of the comments or questions may seem stupid to you all or you may take offence to, but it is just fans trying to figure out how Nebraska fits into B10 ball and get to know you. The B12 and the B10 are two different animals. I think if you travel this year, things will be a little more wound up than normal, being new and all. Heck as an Iowa fan I'll be the first to say, they should put only sober people or ones who have hit the peace pipe, around the visitors seats. But Iowa is not the worst or even close. Maybe the jizz head fans in this conf, can learn something if they come to your house??

Nobody is taking offense to questions about Nebraska. It's only natural that you guys would be curious, and not as informed as we, the Husker fans, are. The only offense that's being taken is to the implications that Nebraska is somehow inferior to the rest of the Big Ten. Wouldn't you take offense to someone coming to your message boards and calling Iowa inferior? I can guarantee you that such comments would not be welcomed with pleasure.

Nobody is taking offense to questions about Nebraska. It's only natural that you guys would be curious, and not as informed as we, the Husker fans, are. The only offense that's being taken is to the implications that Nebraska is somehow inferior to the rest of the Big Ten. Wouldn't you take offense to someone coming to your message boards and calling Iowa inferior? I can guarantee you that such comments would not be welcomed with pleasure.

Yes but Iowa is inferior. :) They always have high expectations that end mid season.

Well you all had to expand you stadium, had to be taught how the B10 recruits and the rules they self impose, got dropped from the AAU. Sounds like baggage to me. Sorry if that word offends, I admit it may not be the best choice of words.

What the hell are you even talking about? Seriously. You don't make sense, and you're all over the place in trying to throw dirt. Nebraska was talking about expansion before the Big 10. We'll continue to recruit the way we have. As for the rules the Big 10 self imposes.... well, 2 of the flagship programs are going to be on probation in a matter of months. Doesn't sound like there's much "self imposing" going on there. And the AAU thing is a joke.

You might want to read up, they had a meeting with Nebraska, pointing out the stricter rules the B10 has when it comes to how many recruits you can have among other things. OH and Mich violated much larger rules than what the B10 self imposes. The AAU is not a joke, you only say that because you got the boot, same way two years ago the b12 was the best thing next to sliced bread and now you hate it. As for the expansion, you could be right, but I find it funny just a few years ago (when you said it was planned) that the sell out streak was in danger. That does not even make sence to expand when you are having trouble filling it the way it is. Oh wait you said it was "TALKED about".

You mean, they read the rules to us? Wow that's amazing. We don't recruit like the SEC, so you won't see 30 kid classes. Irrelevant.

AAU is a joke. If you actually read what happened, we were kicked because of a structural issue. FYI, we aren't the only school who isn't 100% keen on the AAU.

You'd be hard pressed to find many husker fans who were enthralled with the Big 12. This single point proves how little you know about Nebraska, and the fanbase. We hate the Big 12. How would you like it if the Big 10 offices were moved to omaha? The Championship game moved to Lincoln? All the conference rules changed to give Nebraska an edge? That's what happend to the North division with the formation of the Big 12. So don't talk like you know, because you don't have a clue.

The sellout streak was allegedly in danger in 2007, but not really. The tickets had already been sold, so that point is moot. In 2008, demand was up... again. I had heard rumors of stadium expansion in 2009, a year before the Big 10 stuff happened. So what does the move have to do with it? Nothing.

In some ways Nebraska is at the top. In other ways it is at the bottom. Nebraska was a better expansion candidate than Missouri or Kansas. I happen to think Nebraska was a lesser expansion candidate than Notre Dame or Penn State. I don't think there's anything disrespectful about holding those opinions in a discussion about Big Ten expansion.

In some ways Nebraska is at the top. In other ways it is at the bottom. Nebraska was a better expansion candidate than Missouri or Kansas. I happen to think Nebraska was a lesser expansion candidate than Notre Dame or Penn State. I don't think there's anything disrespectful about holding those opinions in a discussion about Big Ten expansion.

Maybe you missed my question up there - which team do you root for?

What the hell are you even talking about? Seriously. You don't make sense, and you're all over the place in trying to throw dirt. Nebraska was talking about expansion before the Big 10. We'll continue to recruit the way we have. As for the rules the Big 10 self imposes.... well, 2 of the flagship programs are going to be on probation in a matter of months. Doesn't sound like there's much "self imposing" going on there. And the AAU thing is a joke.

You might want to read up, they had a meeting with Nebraska, pointing out the stricter rules the B10 has when it comes to how many recruits you can have among other things. OH and Mich violated much larger rules than what the B10 self imposes. The AAU is not a joke, you only say that because you got the boot, same way two years ago the b12 was the best thing next to sliced bread and now you hate it. As for the expansion, you could be right, but I find it funny just a few years ago (when you said it was planned) that the sell out streak was in danger. That does not even make sence to expand when you are having trouble filling it the way it is. Oh wait you said it was "TALKED about".

You mean, they read the rules to us? Wow that's amazing. We don't recruit like the SEC, so you won't see 30 kid classes. Irrelevant.

AAU is a joke. If you actually read what happened, we were kicked because of a structural issue. FYI, we aren't the only school who isn't 100% keen on the AAU.

You'd be hard pressed to find many husker fans who were enthralled with the Big 12. This single point proves how little you know about Nebraska, and the fanbase. We hate the Big 12. How would you like it if the Big 10 offices were moved to omaha? The Championship game moved to Lincoln? All the conference rules changed to give Nebraska an edge? That's what happend to the North division with the formation of the Big 12. So don't talk like you know, because you don't have a clue.

The sellout streak was allegedly in danger in 2007, but not really. The tickets had already been sold, so that point is moot. In 2008, demand was up... again. I had heard rumors of stadium expansion in 2009, a year before the Big 10 stuff happened. So what does the move have to do with it? Nothing.

Your Big 12 example is over the top. The football championship was not moved to Austin. Some years in Dallas, others in Kansas City. The basketball championship was also split between different places. I'm sure you know all this. The offices moving I understand getting angry about. The other side to that is Nebraska was able to dominate a weaker north division with Oklahoma going south.

All of them. Will you answer my question about Jim Delany now?

I must have missed it. What was the question?

I'll take Penn State for 1,000, Alex.

I must have missed it. What was the question?

I asked you to remain neutral and put yourself in Delany's shoes. Make up a list of benefits and drawbacks of inviting Nebraska. The benefits are obvious but there might be some I'm not aware of. You were having some trouble admitting there were any drawbacks at all.