ESPN Tradition Battle

As much as I hate to say it, but out of all of them, FL State has the best one. But since I won't be buying it and have to watch, I will keep NU up on the charts. haha

I agree with you. The Florida State thing rocks. But as the race card goes I stay with my peeps no matter what. HUSKER NATION BABY!

It's because they have very little integrity. They claim nine national championships prior to 1936. 1936 was a magical year because that was the first year of the Associated Press Poll. Prior to this, any publication, body, sportswriter, pundit or Wizard of Oz could bestow a national championship on a team. Most of those championships come with a bit of controversy, since multiple bodies handed out multiple championships to multiple teams, often with very little reason or consideration for... much of anything.

That's why Nebraska doesn't claim the "national championships" they won from 1980-1984. Why? Integrity.

• Fire 2

It's because they have very little integrity. They claim nine national championships prior to 1936. 1936 was a magical year because that was the first year of the Associated Press Poll. Prior to this, any publication, body, sportswriter, pundit or Wizard of Oz could bestow a national championship on a team. Most of those championships come with a bit of controversy, since multiple bodies handed out multiple championships to multiple teams, often with very little reason or consideration for... much of anything.

That's why Nebraska doesn't claim the "national championships" they won from 1980-1984. Why? Integrity.

I agree entirely. Them claiming they have 2 is a stretch, let alone 11!

I do wonder though, did anyone proclaim us as "national championships" back from the late 1800 and early 1900s? I never thought we did, but I really don't pay much attention to the history of what was quote on quote called "football" for that time.