Simply Saturday

eh, I'm not a big fan of lists like this. Why can't we just remember these guys as players who had phenomenal college careers? Why does espn feel the need to drag their name through the mud because they didn't play (much) on Sundays.

• Fire 2

eh, I'm not a big fan of lists like this. Why can't we just remember these guys as players who had phenomenal college careers? Why does espn feel the need to drag their name through the mud because they didn't play (much) on Sundays.

This is a great point. It's almost like there needs to be some kind of Sunday action to validate the greatness of the player. I'm sure this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm a Nebraska fan, but I frankly don't care what our players do in the NFL (unless they play for the Bears). Much as I love Suh, I follow his exploits with about 1,000% less interest now than I did when he was a Husker. Even guys like Mike Brown who went on to star for Chicago it was.... meh.

College Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pro Football

The NFL is something I watch because it resembles college football. Much in the same way I watch Arena League, or I'd watch the Nighthawks play if they were televised.

This is a great point. It's almost like there needs to be some kind of Sunday action to validate the greatness of the player. I'm sure this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm a Nebraska fan, but I frankly don't care what our players do in the NFL (unless they play for the Bears). Much as I love Suh, I follow his exploits with about 1,000% less interest now than I did when he was a Husker. Even guys like Mike Brown who went on to star for Chicago it was.... meh.

College Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pro Football

The NFL is something I watch because it resembles college football. Much in the same way I watch Arena League, or I'd watch the Nighthawks play if they were televised.

They are, but you need Versus and HDnet to watch them.

• Fire 1

I have Versus. I didn't know I should be looking! Thanks!

The thing about the UFL games is that they're usually on Friday nights when most people have better things to do: high school games, family stuff, etc etc. Plus ESPN usually has some sweet MAC, WAC, C-USA or whatev games on :lol:

I wonder if LP will make this list or if he will be left off due to off the field problems? I could totally see ESPN putting him in the top 10 just to drag NU and TO's name through the mud or leave him off altogether as a glaring omission. For the most part this list should be a testament to what a joke the Heisman is. A couple players that I will be looking for on this list are Troy Davis, LP, Trev Alberts.

Exactly. I couldn't care less about the NFL. Sure, I hope our Huskers make good money with it but that's it.

So what Frazier/Frost/Gill/Crouch didn't play much in the NFL? Who cares? It doesn't reflect one iota how great they were with the BigRedMachine.

Unfortunately a couple great huskers didn't have great nfl careers because of injury. Trev didn't do much because of chronic injury and Frazier couldn't play anymore b/c of his medical condition with blood clots. I hope they take things like that into consideration.

Exactly! Don't you know that 2001 Miami was way better than 1995 Nebraska because they had 17 first round draft picks?!