Husker fans in Nebraska with Time Warner Cable...

How confident are you that the Big Ten Network will be available to all Nebraskans by the start of the season?

Jim Delaney: I'm hopeful. I've always been hopeful about distribution. I'm a little too experienced to be confident. I feel like it's a natural thing. I also feel like Nebraska deserves and we deserve to have an equal level of coverage and quality as our other eight states. So I would say we're hopeful about it, but beyond that I can't really put another adjective that's better than that, having been through distribution situations before.

I was hopeful in other situations, but circumstances happened. We had 30 million homes in our first 30 days, but it took another year to bring on more partners, and it was so difficult. I think we're making very good progress. DirecTV is on, and we're making very good progress with three or four companies. From what I heard few weeks ago, things are not going as well with Time Warner.

Link

Time to make yourselves heard.

How confident are you that the Big Ten Network will be available to all Nebraskans by the start of the season?

Jim Delaney: I'm hopeful. I've always been hopeful about distribution. I'm a little too experienced to be confident. I feel like it's a natural thing. I also feel like Nebraska deserves and we deserve to have an equal level of coverage and quality as our other eight states. So I would say we're hopeful about it, but beyond that I can't really put another adjective that's better than that, having been through distribution situations before.

I was hopeful in other situations, but circumstances happened. We had 30 million homes in our first 30 days, but it took another year to bring on more partners, and it was so difficult. I think we're making very good progress. DirecTV is on, and we're making very good progress with three or four companies. From what I heard few weeks ago, things are not going as well with Time Warner.

Link

Read this in Mandel's piece on SI.com yesterday. From just reading it - it seems as though no one, regardless of whether you have BTN currently will be seeing Nebraska games.

In a hardball negotiating tactic, the conference has yet to hand over the rights for Nebraska home games to the Big Ten Network, saying it won't do so until Time Warner Cable agrees to give the channel "comparable" distribution to systems in other Big Ten states.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/29/nebraska/index.html#ixzz1Qn5JU0pR

Link

Read this in Mandel's piece on SI.com yesterday. From just reading it - it seems as though no one, regardless of whether you have BTN currently will be seeing Nebraska games.

In a hardball negotiating tactic, the conference has yet to hand over the rights for Nebraska home games to the Big Ten Network, saying it won't do so until Time Warner Cable agrees to give the channel "comparable" distribution to systems in other Big Ten states.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/29/nebraska/index.html#ixzz1Qn5JU0pR

So nobody will see the games if Time Warner doesn't budge - even if your local cable company agrees to the Big Ten's terms. Lovely.

Link

So nobody will see the games if Time Warner doesn't budge - even if your local cable company agrees to the Big Ten's terms. Lovely.

I don't think that's quite right. From what I remember reading a couple weeks ago, if it comes down to it, it will be shown around the country on the BTN, but just not in Nebraska markets.

Time to call and threaten to cancel guys.

Nebraska is keeping the rights for three home games so they can pay per view it if necessary. It shouldn't affect B10 coverage of the games from my understanding, but would still give NU a way to distribute the game as they see fit so Lincoln can watch it still without up grading to premium content. Time Warner won't win this one. But I'd switch to Direct TV to prove a point if I live there.

But I'd switch to Direct TV to prove a point if I live there.

And use me as a referral so we can get the extra $10 off per month. :thumbs

I as well....please PM me and i will give you my account number and you will recieve $10 off your bill.

I as well....please PM me and i will give you my account number and you will receive $10 off your bill.

Folks--simply emailing Time Warner won't work. Switch to Dish or DirecTV, and when you cancel your Time Warner and they ask why, THEN tell them you're leaving because of the Big 10 Network/Time Warner problem.

Actually headed back up to God's country to say with relation, and I'll be switching my 90 yo Grandmother off of Time Warner and on to Dish or DirecTV (per her son's request) for this very reason.

Bottom line, folks--Time Warner doesn't give a **** until it impacts their bottom line.

What is the situation with Cox cable? I have digital cable, and I get the BTN already. Is that going to change?

NO. Its basically coming down to the B10 wants the channel to be available on the same tear that it is in other states. Direct TV has it as part of the basic package.