best places to visit before and after a game

well the word just came down from my boss we're not shooting at any bars so what other things are there around lincoln, touristy places, or things of historical significance

:laughpound

Sorry. No bars. Only "historical significance." I'd have to say that puts a pretty big damper on the responses you're going to get.

The only really truly historic thing in Lincoln is the State Capitol Building. It's a stone fortress built in the 1920s that has the distinction of being the only state capitol that was entirely paid for upon completion. We were a frugal people back in the day.

Other than that......... :dunno

We call it the Prairie Penis. You could mention that.

Buffalo wild wings. Tasty food in a football environment

I'm sorry, but... wtf dude? It's a national chain. He's asking about things specific to Nebraska. Might as well tell people to go to McDonald's because it's fast and convenient.

not to mention that BWW is the poorest excuse for wings that i have ever had! yuck.

well the word just came down from my boss we're not shooting at any bars so what other things are there around lincoln, touristy places, or things of historical significance

Sorry. No bars. Only "historical significance." I'd have to say that puts a pretty big damper on the responses you're going to get.

The only really truly historic thing in Lincoln is the State Capitol Building. It's a stone fortress built in the 1920s that has the distinction of being the only state capitol that was entirely paid for upon completion. We were a frugal people back in the day.

I've always called it "The Great White Penis of the Plains."

Kinda rolls off the tongue.

that's what she said

Make sure you stroll around Memorial Stadium to read the inscriptions on the four corners:

• Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
  • Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
  • Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
  • Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

• Fire 2

I can't believe someone said Brothers for a bar. The only good thing about that bar is has scooped up the type of people that would go to a bar like that and gave them a home. There are more popped collars per capita there than in Jersey on all days that end in "y".

I would also like to thank the group for not bringing up the eyesore that stradles I-80 in Kearney.

I can't believe someone said Brothers for a bar. The only good thing about that bar is has scooped up the type of people that would go to a bar like that and gave them a home. There are more popped collars per capita there than in Jersey on all days that end in "y".

I would also like to thank the group for not bringing up the eyesore that stradles I-80 in Kearney.

I am not in college anymore but when I go down to Husker games and stop in at brothers before or after the game, its just filled with Husker fans wearing Husker stuff. That being said, the dudes working at the bar seem to fall in line with what you said.

in terms of historical signficance, you could stop by the home of william jennings bryan (i.e. one of the monkey-scopes trial lawyers and ran, unsuccessfully, for president three times ("you shall not crucify mankind on a cross of gold") . i think they converted it to a restaurant or something, now. it is on the list of historical places or something. they have a guest book displayed (or at least it used to) that has signatures from world leaders of the time that visited his home while he was living there.

also, the state natural history museum on campus and very close to the stadium has a giant woolly mammoth skeleton that is kind of neat.

the art gallery on campus is kind of good.

i am sure there is some where on campus a research center devoted to the nebraska writers willa cather (my antonia, one of ours, death comes for the arch bishop, obscure destinies, etc) and maria sandoz (old jules).

those are just some off the top of my head. i imagine those who still live in lincoln can provide you with other ones.

Haha. I always call it "The Penis of the Plains"