Big 12 Dilemma

Our former brethren have a dilemma:

If they wish us ill-will in the B1G and finish somewhere in the middle of the pack, then the Little 12 will look bad - the team that went to the championship game the last two years and came within points of being the two time defending champions can't win in the "pitifully weak B1G"

However, in order to make the Little 12 look good, NU must dominate the B1G, but that means wishing NU good luck.

Sucks to be them

Not sure I agree with this line of thinking. Most non-husker fans I speak to view our departure as running from the Big-12 and the South. That said, we have a mediocre year in the Big-10, it reaffirms their thought of us running because we could not win the Big-12. If we win the Big-10, they simply use it to justify the Big-10 as a weaker conference. We have years of ridicule ahead of us from jaded fans, no matter what happens.

• Fire 1

You are right about the dilemma here,but who cares. I have an associate that coaches, here in Texas. He put it like this. Qoute " I am glad you guys are gone this year." My reply is " Where are you going to get your win from?" He thinks that Nebraska is going to roll this year/barring injury to the Q.B.. I will tell you this. He said he is happy that they are not visiting Austin this year. By the way. He also projected that he expects 7 wins this season and if things start clicking they could get to 9. This is the prime time to be leaving the conference. Have a team with high talent and Why should we fear the big ten teams? Why not have the mentality of the big ten teams fearing NEBRASKA. Rember the Arizona st game and how every one wanted to kill frost?

Not sure I agree with this line of thinking. Most non-husker fans I speak to view our departure as running from the Big-12 and the South. That said, we have a mediocre year in the Big-10, it reaffirms their thought of us running because we could not win the Big-12. If we win the Big-10, they simply use it to justify the Big-10 as a weaker conference. We have years of ridicule ahead of us from jaded fans, no matter what happens.

Ah dont worry, I'll help you out if you have a "middle" year. If you do well, more power to you. The B10 is tough and when you win it, you have a pretty darn good program. We do however ask that when you go to a bowl you win it. Wiskey put us under .500 (BCS bowls) last year. Biggest difference in B10 and B12 is what is the "middle" B10 has sent alot of teams to BCS bowls in recent years.

Nebraska may face a B12 team in bowl game give the 2/3 B10-B12 bowl alignments - although they are lower tier bowls which I don't see Nebraska going to in the near future.

Whatever Nebraska does in the Big 10 really has no bearing on the big 12. The Big 10 now is in a much better position come bowl time and the Big 12 is not. The bowl records will strongly reflect what conference is deeper and stronger. Take these possible match up for example:

Insight

B10 #4 (Ohio State, Penn State) vs B12 #4 (Missouri, Texas)

Meineke

Big10 #6 (MSU, Iowa, Mich) vs Big 12 #6 (KSU, TT)

Also, if A&M gets a BCS game that would throw the match-ups down the line out of whack. That has hurt the Big 10 in the past where 2 big 10 teams get BCS games and then a lower ranked Big10 team has to play a much higher ranked SEC or B12 team.

I can't speak for all fan bases but I haven't seen a single thread or statement from a MU fan regarding this particular dilemma. Tiger fans are more concerned as to who is going to replace Nebraska as the most anticipated football matchup. Nebraska will do well this year. The Wisconsin game is going to be one of the highlights of the 2011 CFB season. Martinez will be a lot more fun to watch now that he is in a different conference.

I can't speak for all fan bases but I haven't seen a single thread or statement from a MU fan regarding this particular dilemma. Tiger fans are more concerned as to who is going to replace Nebraska as the most anticipated football matchup. Nebraska will do well this year. The Wisconsin game is going to be one of the highlights of the 2011 CFB season. Martinez will be a lot more fun to watch now that he is in a different conference.

Oklahoma will replace us. The past five or so years Missouri and Oklahoma have played good games.

The big 10 has quite a few teams starting out in the top 25 this year and if they can keep it up and get into the bowl games. Last year the big 10 got into more top tier bowl games then the big 12 did. Im not saying the big 10 is a better conference, but there doing better as far as records and bowl games as of last year. We will see what we see, i no longer see the big 10 as a less superior conference. We can do all the bench talking we want, nothing compares to kickoff in a few months. Im sure bo will have our boys ready.

And related to the above from ShaggyBevo

First of all, i really like the fact that two games are being exclusively shown on LHN ... which means that two other schools fanbases (if they want to watch the game) have to kiss our butts the entire time with UT commercials and stuff. ESPN, please please consider having the Aggy game on LHN!

They won't be satisfied until the Red River Rivalry is on LHN