Corey Cooper

I think hes about 6 or 7 on the depth chart that seems to be pretty fluid right now. It hurt playing baseball when we were in Watson's offense and had Ted as the WR coach becuase of the way things were taught and how they wanted guys to do certian things. He'll have a chance to move up and let his athletic ablity help him more in Beck's system. I guess I haven't really asked about his progress much but the 4 guys who get the most talk at WR are BK, Turner, Bell and Enunwa.

I think hes about 6 or 7 on the depth chart that seems to be pretty fluid right now. It hurt playing baseball when we were in Watson's offense and had Ted as the WR coach becuase of the way things were taught and how they wanted guys to do certian things. He'll have a chance to move up and let his athletic ablity help him more in Beck's system. I guess I haven't really asked about his progress much but the 4 guys who get the most talk at WR are BK, Turner, Bell and Enunwa.

Corey Cooper. Not Khiry Cooper.

Corey Cooper. Not Khiry Cooper.

I do like the idea of talking about Khiry so we can talk about his lady: Layne Reeves... YEAAAA BABY!

Does anyone know how he is coming along? I havent really seen much on his developement in awhile. When he was recruited i was really excited to see this guy play, he has great size, similar to Courtney Osbourne IIRC. Thanks in advance.

Pretty limited info at this point:

"When he's on the football field, he doesn't care if he's the fifth guy or the first guy," Sanders said. "He's going to give you all he's got. If you're playing against him, you better be ready."...

"It will be a matter of them learning the defense and getting comfortable in our scheme," defensive coordinator Carl Pelini said. "Because obviously with all these guys playing scout team all year, they haven't been exposed to a whole lot of our scheme."

More Here

This is from another message board:

65 days to kickoff:

According to a friend....

Look for Cassidy/Smith/Osborne to rotate even snaps.

Cassidy = smart player knows the D in and out. Just not as gifted in

the physical area

Smith= best coverage safety we have, knows the D in and out

Osborne= best tackler hands down, doesn't know the D. Great on blitz's

Update on Cooper/Jackson

Cooper= isn't getting the D, consistantly in the wrong positionJackson=long ways from playing on the D. LONG WAYS

Other info....

Of the three new RB's, Ameer is the one looking the best.

CB Ciante/Fonz have been AMAZING! Best combo yet.

Reed has really learned the "chip" block on LB's. Causing problems.

QB...

Taylor has improved this year from last. Not enough to get really

excited about.

Brion doing "ok" not what we had hoped.

Defence= "best we have had overall"

offense= dangerous.... can't throw on the D though. INT vs. Completion

ratio not good.

New OL scheme has held the DL very well in drills. Huge thanks to Stai

in technique.

Cotton has made the most noise in position battles.

how much of the int vs. completion ratio is because our defensive secondary is seriously that good, i know it might sound counter productive but sometimes i think it helps the qbs to get some reps against a lesser defense because it helps build their confidence and then they go out there and play and dont over think the game

Obviously this source doesn't have a clue. Everyone knows Brion has "it" and/or is a gamer.

What I don't get is these are probably some of the same sources that raved about Brion last year and his abilities. They were attacked for it. This is the exact same type of information venue, only it's more up to date and more recent info. Every player's story is a book being written one page at a time, after all, and projections and opinions on "how they are doing now" are the things we hear through the grapevine.

So what I'm wondering is, where are all the posts dimissing all this info on Cooper, Jackson, Ciante, Ameer, as unfounded, inaccurate hearsay? C'mon, I'll believe Ameer is doing well when I see it on the field. 'PJ struggled and got benched last year, why are these Cassidy/Osborne haterz trying to talk up his knowledge of the defense, who needs knowledge of the defense.' Or statements like that.

In any event, I am happy that info being passed along like this is being accepted and taken into account again.

Obviously this source doesn't have a clue. Everyone knows Brion has "it" and/or is a gamer.

What I don't get is these are probably some of the same sources that raved about Brion last year and his abilities. They were attacked for it. This is the exact same type of information venue, only it's more up to date and more recent info. Every player's story is a book being written one page at a time, after all, and projections and opinions on "how they are doing now" are the things we hear through the grapevine.

So what I'm wondering is, where are all the posts dimissing all this info on Cooper, Jackson, Ciante, Ameer, as unfounded, inaccurate hearsay? C'mon, I'll believe Ameer is doing well when I see it on the field. 'PJ struggled and got benched last year, why are these Cassidy/Osborne haterz trying to talk up his knowledge of the defense, who needs knowledge of the defense.' Or statements like that.

In any event, I am happy that info being passed along like this is being accepted and taken into account again.

Accurate or no, it's all just hearsay. I don't put much stock into what nameless, faceless internet "sources" say. I'll see what they can do when coach trots them onto the field. If someone was using those words as fact then yeah, I'd probably "attack" them for it.